• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
From what I've played so far if it didn't have as many game freezing bugs it would actually be a pretty great mmo shooter.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
On a side note, my friends and I have nicknamed the javelins:

Colossus = thiccboi
Interceptor = qwikboi
Storm = magikboi
Ranger = Ranger
I'm seeing almost no Rangers at higher levels. Plenty of thiccbois and magikbois, fewer quikbois. They need to differentiate the Ranger more, I just don't see a reason to pick snoozeboi over the other, more specialized classes.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing that's inexplicable to me is the lack of armor customization. Visual stuff is one if not THE biggest thing in a looter shooter and you get TWO OPTIONS in the whole game? TWO???

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I'm seeing almost no Rangers at higher levels. Plenty of thiccbois and magikbois, fewer quikbois. They need to differentiate the Ranger more, I just don't see a reason to pick snoozeboi over the other, more specialized classes.

I went back to my ranger today as I'm at a roadblock with my Storm.
My god it's so boring, lacklustre attacks and damage isn't much different.

I really, really miss hovering for ages - storm is so great in that regard.
I feel ranger isn''t really all that single target damage proficient as people make out compared to others.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
The one thing that's inexplicable to me is the lack of armor customization. Visual stuff is one if not THE biggest thing in a looter shooter and you get TWO OPTIONS in the whole game? TWO???
So much of this game screams that it did not start out as a looter shooter, and changed into one mid-stream. It seems impossible to me that Bioware would look at the landscape, decide entirely on their own that they want to chase the Destiny trend, and then make only a handful of gun models, a pittance of armor options, and cut and paste boring MMO missions.

I can't wait for the tell-all on Anthem's development hell years from now.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Getting masterworks every world event on GM1 right now. Maxed my Interceptor and working on Storm now.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally dove in with the day one patch installed and still no HDR options, christ on a stick. At least the performance seems marginally improved, loading times are still ridiculous though.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is there anyway to preview the Armor sets available in the shop? I want to check out the new Colossus set, but the preview image isnt the best way to see it.
They really should follow Warframe's example, in this instance. A lot of gear in the store has its own special preview, showing it modeled or in use/freeze-frame during some action, with some amazing music behind it.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played the last few hours and have my second javelin unlocked and am at the tomb quest, but most of the stuff is already done.

I reaaaally enjoy this game, Owen is such a great guy and the face animations are also great.
I had one funny bug, when I entered the forge my javelin was headless :D restarted the game and it was gone

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
They really need to add a way to mass-salvage items. Going through the list, especially after being in FreePlay for an extended time, is annoying. A 'salvage all commons' button or some way to multi-select would be amazing.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a few hours into what would be considered "endgame" and yeah, this is really grating me.
I feel like the process of going through the story covers 90% of the content and exposes you to 95% of the gear types.
I have a whole rant in my head about the gear in this game and I can bring myself to vocalize it for some reason.
I'll probably scream at twitter later.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they add the ability to perform ultimates while flying? I was my Ranger and activated it while I was flying. I think I was expecting to be stopped, but it kept flying, tracking/adding additional targets as I flew. I thought it used to stop you when you used it, pre-patch? Maybe I never tried while flying...

Putting up your shield and charging through crowds is surprisingly one of the more enjoyable parts of playing as colossus.

It's so damned good. I didn't know we could deploy it while flying.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did they add the ability to perform ultimates while flying? I was my Ranger and activated it while I was flying. I think I was expecting to be stopped, but it kept flying, tracking/adding additional targets as I flew. I thought it used to stop you when you used it, pre-patch? Maybe I never tried while flying...

It's so damned good. I didn't know we could deploy it while flying.
You need to hover first.

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
My TV goes dark for a second when I start the application like it does when it enables HDR but the HDR tag never appears and it's clearly not enabled as there are crushed blacks everywhere. They definitley broke it with the patch.
They say they "turned it off by mistake" in the latest patch. Applies to PS4 and Xbox.

Putting it back in is on their list of fixes in the next client patch. Don't know when that is.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I'm massively on the fence with Anthem. I really want to buy it today but literally all the reviews say its a unfinished game, story doesn't gel with multiplayer and its really repetitive. Oh and the load times.

I still want to get it though. I hope that Bioware can fix these things. I'm not sure if they will though, if it doesnt sell well at launch EA wont allow BW to spend years on it fixing these issues; it will simply be a sunk cost and they will move onto the next project.

On the latest Kotaku podcast they say Anthem needs it "The Taken King" moment. I presume this means they need to take another year redesigning some fundamental systems.

What do you think Era, is it worth my time right now ?

Have you ever enjoyed a game despite knowing it has problems even while you were playing it? Anthem is that game for me right now. I know its not done, and that it will be better a year from now, yet still, there's nothing else I'd rather be playing this weekend.

I'm having a blast.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IdU9NvO.jpg

Oh hey a new stall opened, my Fort is growing

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I'd normally assume everyone would know something simple like this, but two of my friends didn't so I guess I will share a simple flying tip: While flying, if you press L2 to go into ADS, it automatically puts you into hover and then ADS. No need to manually hover first.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I think it's funny that BW put one of those chain emails ("pass this along to x other people"), in my in-game mailbox :)

Also got an email to buy a Freemark commemorative medallion, and then another email that says "scam alert Freemark medallions" lool!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The game doesnt get enough recognition for its cutscenes and esspcially the facial animations. Fuck me they are good.
Even more when we had so many looter shooters who lacked cutscenes hard.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Running Temple of Scar on GM1 is pretty fun and I always get like 6-7 MW items every time.

Wat. That has to be a gross exaggeration and I request proof of you obtaining that many. I've ran that strong hold, and others ,numerous times and there's no way you're pulling that many master work items per run. Show me the receipts.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
yup they acknowledged it was accidentally removed, working to fix it

Thank you. At least they acknowledge it. I hope they get it fixed very soon.

For those that feel walking in the main hub is slow, which it is, there is a sprint by clicking in the left stick. The sprint feels like it should be the default walking speed, but at least it makes navigating the hub a lot better. They said a fix was suppose to be in the patch, but when they released the patch notes it was not in. It is better than the demo, but prior to early access on a livestream they said the improvement would not be in the early access but it would on the 22nd, but it looks like that did not happen. But if feel it is sluggish, just sprint and it is fine.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I should've checked this thread again before booting up the game for my trial. Didn't realize HDR was broken, hopefully they'll fix it this weekend so I can play and make my own impressions.