• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once you get the right weapons and components together, the damage output starts to really get crazy. This isn't even a Devastator.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i played on xb1x post patch. Didn't notice much difference at first. I mean, i wasn't really having a problem on xbox anyway. The load times weren't much of an issue. I timed them like days ago in this thread and they were half of what i experience in Destiny. And b4 someone jumps in for the millionth time to tell me "but in destiny u can go into the menu". Ok. yes. But If one restaurant gets my food to me in 30 mins....and the other in 15 mins. I don't care if the 30 minute one gave me a crossword puzzle while i wait. I will gladly forgo messing in the menu to get into the game in half the amount of time. The only load times that seemed noticeably quicker to me were the in-mission ones when u go in a dungeon.

I did have a bad experience in one freeplay session. It was raining...things were kinda chugging...it was hard to see which didn't help that i was a colossus that had no health ever. So the screen being red on the border was adding to the problem. And my flamethrower was spazzing out. It was like flickering instead of a steady stream. I exited out of freeplay and joined a new one and things were ok again. Oh and i got stuck in the vault in launch bay. Not really stuck but it stopped letting me select weapons after i had salvaged something. I exited the vault and went back in and it worked again.

so all in all...i would say the post patch seemed maybe worse? But i expect itll be worked out by release day

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I'm going to jump in on Xbox one x. I still have more than 2 hours left on my trial. If you guys want I can turn a stream on or answer any questions here.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing Another User; Accusations of Shilling
Release day was 6 days ago, but nice try.
yes. I forgot that PC gamers who subscribe to Origin EA premier are the majority.

This is like when PS4 pro/xb1x came out....and all of a sudden everyone was a PC gamer with the best gaming rig that they only spent 400bux on.

The game comes out. Friday. Or would u like to call best buy on my behalf and yell at them that i was supposed to get the game last week apparently? Bro idk what u verified as. But u must be like working for Division 2 pr or something. U trying way too hard. what bioware do to u lol

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
also the Day 0 patch got released, which patch are we waiting on again
Yeah, I originally thought that they're going to leave the early access version as it is because they have an entirely different build for the 22nd. But after today's patch, that assumption is no longer hold any ground. This is basically the full release build.

Holy shit, salvaging is even slower now.
It depends on the rarity.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
yes. I forgot that PC gamers who subscribe to Origin EA premier are the majority.

This is like when PS4 pro/xb1x came out....and all of a sudden everyone was a PC gamer with the best gaming rig that they only spent 400bux on.

The game comes out. Friday. Or would u like to call best buy on my behalf and yell at them that i was supposed to get the game last week apparently? Bro idk what u verified as. But u must be like working for Division 2 pr or something. U trying way too hard. what bioware do to u lol

You can try to twist it whichever way you like, but the game has been out since Feb 15. EA sold the access to "full game" (their words) since last week. No amount of fanboyism is going to change the facts.
Bro.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
You can try to twist it whichever way you like, but the game has been out since Feb 15. EA sold the access to "full game" (their words) since last week. No amount of fanboyism is going to change the facts.
Bro.
accusing me of twisting? laughable. U been working double time...doing more twisting then chubby checker in these anthem threads.
did bioware like fire u or something. Idk what ur deal is.

its mad annoying when ppl do that troll thing where they purposefully say misinformation...because they believe if they say it enough times ppl will think its true. Ur not clever. This isn't some new tactic. I been on gamefaqs before. this aint my first rodeo. Ur checking off all the trolling checkboxes. I have no interest in enabling u any further. Have fun posting 1,000 more times about how terrible u think anthem is. And how great division or whatever terrible game u like is.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is where I am at too...I really don't like realistic shooters find them boring conceptually but man Anthem looked like it was going to be right up my alley, friends were posting every developer stream every trailer on our discord I was super hyped, then it got closer to release...
Playing Division 1 now. I just want to say that Ubisoft-developed looter shooter in Sci-fi/Sci-Fantasy genre will be my dream looter shooter.

I love how there are many cosmetic to find, too bad they are regular ass clothing.

I love the way the game delivers world building, (imagine Echoes in Destiny), too bad I don't give a shit about the world itself.

I love that the combat feels really polished, enemy AI is surprisingly good and I love their combat chatter (if you use teargas grenade they will shout "I'm blinded", love small details like this), too bad the modern day setting means no cool magic shit or cool bosses.

Yeah, I appreciate a lot of the stuff The Division series does well, but I knew after the first beta that it just wasn't for me.

If you give me a bullet sponge enemy that is an 11 ft tall Alien Knight with barriers and shit, sure I will be fine unloading like 3 clips into his ass.
But I just couldn't deal with fighting regular enemies who were taking 3 clips because I was 2-3 levels lower or whatever.

It just didn't jive with me on a conceptual level.
Anthem does and I really hope they add some better loot (unique visuals) sooner rather than later, or I am just gonna end up dropping it.

Last edited:

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
i did in vault at launch bay and didn't have that problem. R u talking straight salvaging. Or moving to junk then mass salvaging the junk
Everything takes 4 seconds in the vault for me currently. Salvaging and marking it as junk. I'll have to restart the game and see if this changes anything.

Also I am pretty sure the Russian contract guy just did the Dimitri dance
chyaHL.gif

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
Before patch I had 10 health segments on my storm, after the patch I have 5. I wish we had a stat page for our characters, would be so much easier to figure out these things.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Bro.

xfsmgMz.png

ggFzvms.png

(Agreeing with you) Whats with the hand waving that the game hasn't released yet or its somehow unfair to judge the game this early. EA themselves say you gain access to the *Full Game* early.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
My ranger is 382, all purples no masterwork though. Do you think I am good to try out GM1? The recommended level is 400+... the grind with nothing really interesting is burning me out already though.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
(Agreeing with you) Whats with the hand waving that the game hasn't released yet or its somehow unfair to judge the game this early. EA themselves say you gain access to the *Full Game* early.

I think all the stupid "early access" games ruined a lot of peoples perception as to what a finished and unfinished video game is. Anthem was released, early, to push the EA premiere. That's all there is to it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
My ranger is 382, all purples no masterwork though. Do you think I am good to try out GM1? The recommended level is 400+... the grind with nothing really interesting is burning me out already though.
You're going to die fast, but playing on GM is almost necessary to get a better drop rate of master work items. Try it out and just keep distance from the enemies. Until you start getting master work components, your armor and shields are going to suck. The stat jump from obtaining the next level of equipment is incredibly substantial.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, the GM1 versions are the same as the Hard versions, just more enemy health and more chances to get one-shot. You'll get a masterwork if you survive though.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
accusing me of twisting? laughable. U been working double time...doing more twisting then chubby checker in these anthem threads.
did bioware like fire u or something. Idk what ur deal is.

its mad annoying when ppl do that troll thing where they purposefully say misinformation...because they believe if they say it enough times ppl will think its true. Ur not clever. This isn't some new tactic. I been on gamefaqs before. this aint my first rodeo. Ur checking off all the trolling checkboxes. I have no interest in enabling u any further. Have fun posting 1,000 more times about how terrible u think anthem is. And how great division or whatever terrible game u like is.
giphy.gif

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
So the game decided that I don't need audio for the whole Stronghold... fun times. If they don't fix this until tomorrow, this game will get shredded apart.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the game decided that I don't need audio for the whole Stronghold... fun times. If they don't fix this until tomorrow, this game will get shredded apart.
They wont fix it in such a short time. Been like that since the VIP demo. Also very rarely happens. I have gotten that 3 times in about 40h playtime.

I don't think some of you know how hard it is to fix some stuff. And these audio issues is not as pressing as more critical bugs and changes.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Super annoying the reduced health\ non working components bug is seemingly still not fixed. (According to reddit) They really need to patch that sooner than "a few weeks". Since they haven't even acknowledged it yet R.I.P. I'll still play the game on normal (level 15 ish) I love the gameplay and loot etc.

I think they need to patch the game breaking things in the next few days not wait a few weeks to do it with qol improvements, missions etc. Overtime be damned this has to happen right now not in a few weeks and sony and microsoft need to help too if needed.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
I don't think some of you know how hard it is to fix some stuff. And these audio issues is not as pressing as more critical bugs and changes.
I don't think your realize that the Reddit bug report thread is full of people with audio problems. It's worse now. And how is this not a pressing and or critical bug? Lol

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm the patch seems to have improved load times on my SSD but the game is actually more laggy for the first 5 mins of startup, dropping to sub 10fps at times, it could be more Video Driver though, don't think its up to date