• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
No reason to both unless I have a full squad of folks I know.
If you don't have a dedicated squad and quick play is still disabled, good luck.

I haven't had any problems tonight.

How am I only just now finding out that you can use different types of metals like silver and platinum for the styles like aged metal and worn metal?

Because you had to max out the Faction rep to unlock them.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
How's the day one patch on Xbox? Seems like that Reddit thread is overwhelmingly PC users.
im bout to find out. Hopefully it didn't break anything. Since unlike the PC crowd.....i had been having a relatively good experience during my trial on xb1x. Ppl talking about a million load screens...and long 7 minute load screens, game crashes etc...is totally not what i've seen on xbox.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, what an awful patch when it comes to performance on PC. A lot more framedrops. Also more pop ins. Fullscreen with V-sync is a total mess. In fullscreen at 1080p it looks fuzzy like it's rendered at a lower resolution.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I do think the masterwork gearing is compelling and would be more compelling with some big event or dungeon... One could even say raid, to do.
I think the issue some people might have is that the loot that is the most build defining are components. Which have no cosmetic value at all.

I still really enjoy the core gameplay. I still go "Damn that was cool" when I'm in combat with a titan and I pull off some sick aerial maneuver to maximize damage output on weak points, all while dodging attacks. It really is a feeling like no other. Kinda like how Sea of Thieves doesn't have an equal when it comes to water physics and how that plays into sailing.

More bugs being reintroduced from the Day 8 patch does really suck though. Hopefully Bioware can just keep communicating and pushing out fixes.

I'm most certainly not buying the game right now. I'll wait out this month of premier and really see where the games at. I'm already intrigued at the potential of the game, don't fuck it up.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I do think the masterwork gearing is compelling and would be more compelling with some big event or dungeon... One could even say raid, to do.
I think the issue some people might have is that the loot that is the most build defining are components. Which have no cosmetic value at all.

I still really enjoy the core gameplay. I still go "Damn that was cool" when I'm in combat with a titan and I pull off some sick aerial maneuver to maximize damage output on weak points, all while dodging attacks. It really is a feeling like no other. Kinda like how Sea of Thieves doesn't have an equal when it comes to water physics and how that plays into sailing.

More bugs being reintroduced from the Day 8 patch does really suck though. Hopefully Bioware can just keep communicating and pushing out fixes.

I'm most certainly not buying the game right now. I'll wait out this month of premier and really see where the games at. I'm already intrigued at the potential of the game, don't fuck it up.

Yeah the lack of any real visual/cosmetic variety in any part of the game besides the paint jobs/materials is what has me so disappointed.
Components and Abilities have 0 visual variance for obvious reasons and take up most of your gear slots.
No armor drops until they add the vanity stronghold stuff later.
Even Legendary guns are just base guns with a nicer skin and bonus abilities.

If even one of these things were tweaked to give me some meaningful visual variety with loot I would be happy.
There should never be a loot game where you don't run into instances where you see someone else wearing/using something cool looking
that piques your interest. That is just such a core element of loot games to me, going back decades to the first time I saw something like a Lavis Cannon in PSO.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
What is the secret to getting your legion of dawn items. I've done the Prospero mission the items won't show up under rewards.

Missed this earlier, sorry. You claim them from the Vanity store itself. Under the Reward Tab.

No player drops/dc, or no trouble completing strongholds after player drops/dc ?
If someone leaves the Stronghold there's no one to replace them because quickplay is disabled. No problems means no one has left.

Had a guy leave after the second chest of Tyrant Mine. The rest of us stayed and finished it faster on GM1 than I've ever done before, even with a full squad. Got 3 MW's from it.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
as a programmer, looking at the bug list in reddit is a nightmare, i don't think they have a QA system in place, they just literally made changes and launch it to production hoping it fixes things

I'm sure these issues were placed in a JIRA backlog somewhere... Probably titled "Future Sprints" or "Someday..."

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Had a guy leave after the second chest of Tyrant Mine. The rest of us stayed and finished it faster on GM1 than I've ever done before, even with a full squad. Got 3 MW's from it.

Which is fine. But if everyone leaves but you or you and another the outcome isn't typically that generous. The intended behavior is to fill the spots, which was removed because they messed something up (again).

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Wait what....you have to do a mission to get the LoD items?
Yes it's stupid. You have to do a mission for Prospero and unlock his store. I had to go on the Anthem subreddit to find a link to EA's help page stating that the items don't unlock until the 22nd. What's also stupid are the items are only good around level 7-9... Something that you can get to extremely fast in these ten hours. I had to stop playing so I can get to enjoy the weapons.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
as a programmer, looking at the bug list in reddit is a nightmare, i don't think they have a QA system in place, they just literally made changes and launch it to production hoping it fixes things
They had 7 years to make this, and people were expecting a patch they shit out in 7 days to work out? I got finger wagged for questioning whether they'd ever had a real human being test their game (happy/"critical" path critical bugs, the terrible UX of their menus, the overall wretchedness of fort Tarsis, etc) as if these issues are something we should expect out of a goddamn $60 game.

I wonder how big their backlog is. How many issues are going to be NFA- We have no resources to fix. What a mess.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Yes it's stupid. You have to do a mission for Prospero and unlock his store. I had to go on the Anthem subreddit to find a link to EA's help page stating that the items don't unlock until the 22nd. What's also stupid are the items are only good around level 7-9... Something that you can get to extremely fast in these ten hours. I had to stop playing so I can get to enjoy the weapons.

Well there's $20 extra down the drain...man I feel like such a dope for pre ordering this and esp. that edition.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Well there's $20 extra down the drain...man I feel like such a dope for pre ordering this and esp. that edition.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-edition-rewards/

Legion of Dawn edition rewards are available to Origin Access Premier subscribers only on February 15.
Pre-order and Legion of Dawn rewards are available to all eligible players at worldwide launch on February 22.

Claim your bonus items through the Rewards tab of the Vanity Store in-game.
Before you can claim them, you need to:
  1. Complete the tutorials.
  2. Talk to Prospero at his stall in Fort Tarsis.
  3. Complete his mission.
  4. Talk to him again.
  5. Open the Store.
  6. Claim your items in the Rewards tab.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
They had 7 years to make this, and people were expecting a patch they shit out in 7 days to work out? I got finger wagged for questioning whether they'd ever had a real human being test their game (happy/"critical" path critical bugs, the terrible UX of their menus, the overall wretchedness of fort Tarsis, etc) as if these issues are something we should expect out of a goddamn $60 game.

I wonder how big their backlog is. How many issues are going to be NFA- We have no resources to fix. What a mess.

wasn't it reported that another team would be handling after launch support?

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Man I'm about to give up for a while on this one. This just runs like total shit on my PC. I can't even play this fucking thing in 1080p without major stutters and it looks terrible. Destiny 2 runs perfectly on my rig so it should be capable of handing this. The frequent loading and load times in general are incredibly annoying. Super long cutscenes with a story that seriously feels phoned in. I'm watching some cutscene right now and there's a ton of gunshots going off in the background for no reason lol. I can't tell if it's a bug or part of the game. This shit just seems very sloppy and buggy and it sucks because there's a lot of things I really think could be good. I'm sorry to dog pile on it but it's been a long time since I've had such a negative first impression about a game I thought I'd really like.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Someone needs to call Bioware out on the Legion of Dawn bullshit. The fact that your content is good for around level 7-9 and doesn't unlock until the 22nd. Who's played this game more than two hours and isn't at that point already? I'm level nine already. At least scale it to your level.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
looks like another farming method found or was this intended

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG..._stronghold_bosses_at_grandmaster_difficulty/

PSA: Stronghold bosses at grandmaster difficulty now drop masterworks 100% of the time.
Honestly that's better than just nerfing everything else. I'm glad they've incentivized completion of their toughest content, even if it nukes the longevity of the endgame. Better that than having chest farming or respawn cheesing as the best methods.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
How's the day one patch on Xbox? Seems like that Reddit thread is overwhelmingly PC users.
Performance was better. Most noticeably in Fort Tarsis but freeplay felt a lot more solid too. The shorter loads (respawning, getting tethered in mission, forge, etc.) seemed faster. I timed loading into the game and loading into freeplay which seem to be the longest but infrequent loads, and those were the same as before the day one patch.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm avoiding the broken strongholds by simply uninstalling the game. That patch fucked my frame rate to hell and I'm not having any fun anyway. Better luck next time, Bioware, if you don't get PapEA'd. This industry needs to learn how to make games again, because this "oops we fucked it up entirely and somehow forgot to make an actual game over the past six years and hundred million dollars but we promise it'll be fine someday" shit just doesn't work for me.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

The Warframe dev's are masters at fixing spaghetti codes. I am not a programmer but fixing 1 bug and cause 3 other to pop up can mean stuff are being piled on top of each other like janga bricks.

This is definitely not something you want to unearth 1 day before you have to "launch" the game...

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
im bout to find out. Hopefully it didn't break anything. Since unlike the PC crowd.....i had been having a relatively good experience during my trial on xb1x. Ppl talking about a million load screens...and long 7 minute load screens, game crashes etc...is totally not what i've seen on xbox.

I hope you don't enjoy HDR

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This patch really did help quite a bit. Its not perfect, I just got my first infinite load screen, but it is still MUCH better. I think im actually going to pick this up now lol.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm avoiding the broken strongholds by simply uninstalling the game. That patch fucked my frame rate to hell and I'm not having any fun anyway. Better luck next time, Bioware, if you don't get PapEA'd. This industry needs to learn how to make games again, because this "oops we fucked it up entirely and somehow forgot to make an actual game over the past six years and hundred million dollars but we promise it'll be fine someday" shit just doesn't work for me.
Just wanted to let you know that your avatar is great.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever was in the new patch on PC has made the game completely unplayable for me. Previously it ran kinda poor (40-70 fps) but it worked. Now it stutters excessively every second. It's completely unworkable. It's so bad that I thought something was wrong with my PC so I loaded up some other games and they all worked normally.

Anyone else have this? GTX 1060

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
So just to be clear, the day one patch for Xbox kills HDR? Oh Brother. Any chance they fix it by Fri, I mean come on.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I've had a relatively smooth experience on XB1. A couple crashes to menu, couple infinite load glitches. Had to install an update midway through. I'm enjoying it well enough for now. We'll see.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to call Bioware out on the Legion of Dawn bullshit. The fact that your content is good for around level 7-9 and doesn't unlock until the 22nd. Who's played this game more than two hours and isn't at that point already? I'm level nine already. At least scale it to your level.
If you're playing on PC and have access to LoD through that edition you should be able to redeem it now. I was able to on the 15th.

You don't have to play any missions to redeem them or access the store. Just go into the map/menu and selected featured tab. You should then be able to open the store by doing as the prompt says at the bottom. On PC that is to press and hold ESC. After that you can go to rewards and redeem them.