• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Apologies if this has been answered before - I read that the "day 1" patch will be available before the 22nd. Anyone know when it will drop? I may just hold off playing it until the patch releases
I don't think we know yet though I haven't checked the devs twitters in a few hours, maybe take a look at the ATG subreddit, if it's known it will be on there.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Failing in terms of quality and reputation, I couldn't give a damn how ''financially successful'' it is because I'm not investors.
No one should defend a bad thing just because it's doing well, modern Call of Duty games will always be a failure despite the glowing sales number.

Breh what are you talking about. Apex Legends couldn't get a much better reputation and it is one of the latest big GaaS games. Ubisoft reversed the fortune of Siege and For Honor because they were GaaS and improved them vastly, in both quality and reputation, over time.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Then you are missing out. The stuff you do with people affect the dialog of NPC's and what people do together there. Also some witty characters and interactions.

Doesn't help when everyone else in your team has skipped it, and by the time the dialogue has ended, they've killed all the enemies, and the mission is just about to end. I'm speaking specifically of the cg short, during the Princess Zhim mission.

BTW, 29 hours and five minutes to goooo!

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminds me of the old Too Human OT back on NeoGaf, prior to that game's release. People posting about weapon drops and damage modifiers while everything is burning down around them in terms of reviews and player feedback.

Yes! Overall Anthem has a lot in common with Too Human

Hyped multiplayer loot shooter. That proves to not live up to hype, has bad technical issues and just too little content

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the story thing you have to craft... I got a dialogue to craft it before it was even brought up with 3 choices, one of which only using 10 resources, so I did. now I know what it is, it feels like all the dialogue around it has been skipped.

What trash aha

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Any way to fix the audio cutting out on PC?

Just happened at the start of a rather long mission, and I didn't want to bail on my team. I've read only a restart fixes it and that it'll be fixed on the 22nd?

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
This thread reminds me of the old Too Human OT back on NeoGaf, prior to that game's release. People posting about weapon drops and damage modifiers while everything is burning down around them in terms of reviews and player feedback.

Did the other people want the game to fail so much then, too?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Any way to fix the audio cutting out on PC?

Just happened at the start of a rather long mission, and I didn't want to bail on my team. I've read only a restart fixes it and that it'll be fixed on the 22nd?

No other way to fix it than restart. It'll be in the patch that drops before the 22nd but we don't know *when* before the 22nd.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Too Human :O Me and my friend played it to death, and I am playing Anthem with him and 2 others =)

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I am the only one who press quickly the escape key to skip all the stupid conversations?

No. Almost none of it is interesting. It's bog standard "conversation" dialogue that has been done to death and it's not up to Bioware standards.

Edit: It might be Bioware standard for the auxiliary NPCs standing around in their various games, but that's about it. Those NPCs were almost never that interesting either and primarily just spoken to for quests.

I listened to most everything everyone had to say during the campaign, but then once you start getting into "faction grinding", none of what they have to say is worth the 60s or so of what each NPC has to say x3-6 after each mission for a measly 5-20 faction. If I cared about a single person there maybe I would be engaged, but everything about the game world is disjointed and a lot of it feels like it was designed around F2P mechanics to slow you down.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I thought I was the only one who loved Too Human lol, it was my first 360 game and I played it to death, I didn't find out until years later that it was the butt of so many jokes.
Sign me to that group too. Loved Too Human. Would kill for BC but thats off topic.

One thing I think they should add from TH to Anthem, is having elementaly charged enemies that require loadsouts specific for them.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I put day 1 in quotes for this exact reason, to avoid bullshit responses. I, too, am frustrated with a lot of things surrounding the game. Care to answer my question, though? Or do you not really have anything of value to contribute

My god, someone said day 1 instead of day eight! Hurry!

giphy.gif

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I'm irrationally curious about this game. Recent Bioware has done absolutely nothing for me. I think I'm looking for something new to sink my teeth into, and was hoping this might be it.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahaha of course you are, this is like a can response at this point.

For all the game's faults, and it has faults, and for all the work the devs need to do, and there's plenty, once I'm in there playing I'm having a blast.

My main concern is, how long will that feeling last and will it carry through the loot grinding endgame phase?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
So it's all right for everyone to endlessly talk about how much they dislike it, but people aren't allowed to say the opposite without being hypocritically singled out?

Why even post that?

I just wish you'd find a better way to defend the game, like give us something please, what's good about it? What makes it fun? What makes you still like it?

Saying ''Well I'm having fun'' is the lowest form of defending a game in my opinion.

I see you're not familiar with this dude.

Too much sass for you huh?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So it's all right for everyone to endlessly talk about how much they dislike it, but people aren't allowed to say the opposite without being hypocritically singled out?

Why even post that?

Fuck what anyone else thinks; if you like it, good for you. If you don't then good for you.

I just wish you'd find a better way to defend the game, like give us something please, what's good about it? What makes it fun? What makes you still like it?

Saying ''Well I'm having fun'' is the lowest form of defending a game in my opinion.

Why does he need to defend the game to you or anyone else. He's entitled to like it.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

That would be because it's not a defense. It's someone expressing that they're having fun.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

So.. the comment I quoted, you're holding that to the same standards are you?

Lol.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

Too much sass for you huh?

nah, you're just a dick who basically posts like this is gamefaqs or some shit lmao

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to the Tomb of the Legionaries quest. Thanks to that fix though im already a good chunk of the way through 3 of the 4.

I also did the first Stronghold! I quite liked it alot, even though I was probably too under geared for it. I didnt go down, but I was close alot of the time. Still learning how to play the Colossus. I dont like not having an overshield, or not being about to shoot when I do raise my shield.

When you complete the Stronghold though, does the Mission Marker not go away? I still have a Purple icon thing for it and its still up on my quest log, but it also says I completed it.

Are all Main Story Missions marked with Purple Icons btw, or is that only for the Strongholds?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
That would be because it's not a defense. It's someone expressing that they're having fun.

Fair enough, but I still find it funny since the same stuff has been said 1,000 times for Fallout 76.

nah, you're just a dick who basically posts like this is gamefaqs or some shit lmao

Sorry but I don't even know what Gamefaqs is.

Also yes, I'm hateful and angry, that's how I feel about current state of gaming and it's community.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, quick question: I know that loot drops that you see, are just yours, and can't be picked up by some one else, but what about health drops and ammo drops etc? Is that shared?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Fair enough, but I still find it funny since the same stuff has been said 1,000 times for Fallout 76.

People are allowed to enjoy Fallout 76 too. Jesus.

Ok, quick question: I know that loot drops that you see, are just yours, and can't be picked up by some one else, but what about health drops and ammo drops etc? Is that shared?

Everything you see is for you only and nobody can take them, including health/ammo.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I finally got to the Tomb of the Legionaries quest. Thanks to that fix though im already a good chunk of the way through 3 of the 4.

I also did the first Stronghold! I quite liked it alot, even though I was probably too under geared for it. I didnt go down, but I was close alot of the time. Still learning how to play the Colossus. I dont like not having an overshield, or not being about to shoot when I do raise my shield.

When you complete the Stronghold though, does the Mission Marker not go away? I still have a Purple icon thing for it and its still up on my quest log, but it also says I completed it.

Are all Main Story Missions marked with Purple Icons btw, or is that only for the Strongholds?

Icon stays up. Quest log stays as long as you have it selected. Pick up another mission or change it in the pre-launch screen and it switches appropriately. Strongholds are always purple. Some contracts are purple (after you hit Pilot level 30) to indicate they are higher quality missions. The only thing that indicates main missions is the Critical Mission screen in the Journal.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
You're not allowed to enjoy games with flaws, folks.
I really enjoyed Mass Effect: Andromeda (bought it three months after release) but Anthem feels like a soulless, empty shell. It's depressing to compare what BioWare has been developing between 2007 and 2013 and between 2013 and 2019. They should have never abandoned the Unreal engine.

Out 1

Oct 25, 2017
the trial left me if not outright hooked, but just curious enough to buy one year of origin premier. I had zero hype beforehand.