• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Why are there puzzles in a multiplayer game that forces matchmaking with randos lol

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
the difficulty curve is insane in this game, instead of a curve, we get a 90 degree

Someone posted earlier that the changes to the GM levels Bioware said that they implemented didn't actually make it into the Feb 15th launch. So GM3 still has the 3000% or whatever it used to have. Currently GM1 is supposed to be as difficult as GM3 was intended to be after the change. Something is seriously way off when I can basically hover in Hard while taking fire for maybe thirty seconds, but I can't even take two shots without it depleting my shields entirely on GM1.

Seems like i missed the open world chest masterworks party. They fixed the loot table.

Did they just do it? Because three hours ago I got two of them.

edit: LMAO, no they did not. Or if they did, it was comically broken before. Right after posting this, I got my first Legendary.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone concerned with the game's Twitch metrics? They are really low for such a game, yes the game isn't out on consoles yet but I believe most streamers are on PC.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
true, but why does Bioware not learn from it, in 6 years I can't believe they haven't seen Destiny, Division, D3, don't tell me they have to go through their 6 year journey also
didnt even bungie themself didnt implement some lesson learn from destiny 1 into destiny 2? i was one of the group that droped destiny2 after beating the story at release. now after few expansion, got the postgame content right again. but i wish they put in back faction rep/gear to gear up to a certain lightlevel again :(

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So after the "fix", I got this:

Anthem-2019-02-19-08-19-04-220.jpg

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone concerned with the game's Twitch metrics? They are really low for such a game, yes the game isn't out on consoles yet but I believe most streamers are on PC.

It is above Far Cry New Dawn and Metro whenever I look...always is close to top 10 whenever I look...seems fine to me.....

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Now we have this "but Twitch viewer count is low yadda yadda" every single thread, as if this is a real representation of a game's popularity. 100K viewers or burst, am I right?
It almost feels like there isn't a 100 M+ console and PC install base combined.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Someone posted earlier that the changes to the GM levels Bioware said that they implemented didn't actually make it into the Feb 15th launch. So GM3 still has the 3000% or whatever it used to have. Currently GM1 is supposed to be as difficult as GM3 was intended to be after the change. Something is seriously way off when I can basically hover in Hard while taking fire for maybe thirty seconds, but I can't even take two shots without it depleting my shields entirely on GM1.

Did they just do it? Because three hours ago I got two of them.

edit: LMAO, no they did not. Or if they did, it was comically broken before. Right after posting this, I got my first Legendary.
Its not? Ohhhhhhh i know what im doing after work

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There isn't enough talk about the horrible overheat mechanic. The javelins can barely fly before having to land.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
There isn't enough talk about the horrible overheat mechanic. The javelins can barely fly before having to land.

I don't understand that either, you land for a second and fly again, you just lose some time, you arent at risk when you land or anything. Overheat should just be an in combat mechanic.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
spoilers ? biggest community is gonna be on xbox and ps4 and people do not want to spoil the whole game
Spoilers weren't a problem with other looter shooters.
what would be the content you would be streaming?
Well, that's my point, do the numbers show a lack of interest in the game and will they reflect on sales?
It is above Far Cry New Dawn and Metro whenever I look...always is close to top 10 whenever I look...seems fine to me.....
Eh, I don't think those games are any good comparisons, one is a spinoff and the other is a sequel to a game that wasn't any big.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand that either, you land for a second and fly again, you just lose some time, you arent at risk when you land or anything. Overheat should just be an in combat mechanic.

Flying was supposed to be a fundamental aspect of this game and currently, it's just a limited movement option.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Now we have this "but Twitch viewer count is low yadda yadda" every single thread, as if this is a real representation of a game's popularity. 100K viewers or burst, am I right?
It almost feels like there isn't a 100 M+ console and PC install base combined.
I mean Twitch isn't the end of it all but it's an importantly metric in this day and age, I can't really remember the last huge AAA game that wasn't pulling big numbers after release.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
There are enough mechanics in the game to alleviate this, from using water when it's around to diving to help cool the engines. I didn't have a problem with it at all in the demo - the only time you have to land abruptly is if you're under fire which massively adds to the heat.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Spoilers weren't a problem with other looter shooters.

Well, that's my point, do the numbers show a lack of interest in the game and will they reflect on sales?

Eh, I don't think those games are any good comparisons, one is a spinoff and the other is a sequel to a game that wasn't any big.

They are games releasing in the same window....if anthem is in trouble based on twitch numbers then both of those must be dead.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Twitch isn't the end of it all but it's an importantly metric in this day and age, I can't really remember the last huge AAA game that wasn't pulling big numbers after release.

Maybe it'll improve after the 22nd? I think the issue with it is that it may not stream well.

Fly to fight. Have a ton of particle effects. Mission complete. Load screen. Get loot/rewards. Load screen. Use forge. Load screen. Fort Tarsis "stuff." Load screen. Start new mission. Repeat.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018

Is this giant titan from 1:35 still in the game? I saw quite a lot of them on some gameplays but i dont think they were as big as this one.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it'll improve after the 22nd? I think the issue with it is that it may not stream well.

Fly to fight. Have a ton of particle effects. Mission complete. Load screen. Get loot/rewards. Load screen. Use forge. Load screen. Fort Tarsis "stuff." Load screen. Start new mission. Repeat.

maybe that would be the reason too for the short distance between you and your group before you trigger a load screen

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is true, but also unless you preordered the game isn't actually "out" yet. A lot of streamers may not be streaming yet, and so their audience isn't watching.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are enough mechanics in the game to alleviate this, from using water when it's around to diving to help cool the engines. I didn't have a problem with it at all in the demo - the only time you have to land abruptly is if you're under fire which massively adds to the heat.

Having to find water is too restrictive and not particularly fun. I should just be able to fly perpetually.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you know how to manage it you can fly a very long distance with no issues.
- Fly low over water sources
- Waterfalls resets and reduces heat for a good while ( you can fly over the edge of the start of the waterfall too).
- Flying in a steep angle reduces heat

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
If you know how to manage it you can fly a very long distance with no issues.
- Fly low over water sources
- Waterfalls resets and reduces heat for a good while ( you can fly over the edge of the start of the waterfall too).
- Flying in a steep angle reduces heat

I have less of an issue with the mechanic in traversal flight than I do with it during fighting. Fighting could be crazy dynamic if it didn't take one hit to overheat you.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Having to find water is too restrictive and not particularly fun. I should just be able to fly perpetually.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point, I find it an enjoyable mechanic - trying to see how long I can sustain flight is a little meta-game that I enjoyed in the demo.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point, I find it an enjoyable mechanic - trying to see how long I can sustain flight is a little meta-game that I enjoyed in the demo.

To each their own. A side-effect of having to find water is keeping the environment restricted to certain biomes.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
So you want to remove penalty for getting hit? Over-heating means you messed up really.

No, I want to lessen the penalty and have it not be as restrictive so as to open up the combat. Right now, the combat is a combination of priming/detonation with some bits of gunplay interspersed but not a ton of aerial techniques beyond storms hovering like locusts. I think there can be so much more here if you were able to fly just a bit more frequently in battle.

Perhaps lessening the time spent overheated or the amount of enemy hits necessary to overheat. These things are built for flying; if one hit overheats them that's a big time design flaw IMO.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Maybe I'm missing something, but all of the pictures of people's javelins all look the same on twitter. With the exception being the colors they chose. Is the javelin customization that limited/shallow aside from choosing the color?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
i mean when you get too far away from your group, you get the loading screen

We call that the plight of the colossus smh.

Maybe I'm missing something, but all of the pictures of people's javelins all look the same on twitter. With the exception being the colors they chose. Is the javelin customization that limited/shallow aside from choosing the color?

Yes. It's incredibly disappointing. Apparently additional cosmetics are in a feature to be discussed this week but likely won't make wide release?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Currently yes, there is really no alternative armor parts to get. You have pre-order set and sets from demo.