• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
So downloaded the trial and played for 2 hours. Switched to Colossus as my first Javelin. I have to say the game is gorgeous on ultra. I get anywhere from 80 to 150 depending on what's going on. I'm not sure how I like playing the game with a m/kb. Still getting use to that. Think it would probably play better with a controller. The combat does feel like there's no weight to the guns so far. Hoping that changes as I get higher up. I have to say my favorite thing is the shield bash. So much fun. :D

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz
16gb DDR4 3000mhz
1x 512gb EVO 850 SSD
1x 256gb EVO 840 SSD
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW3

Trying to run at 1440p60 Utra or High preset gives me dips as low as in the 40s. FT Taris has horrible stuttering too. I had to resort to removing motion blur completely just so it won't give me a headache.

Have everything you have except a i7700k and switching it to borderless fixes all for me it still dips but stays in the 50+FPS , Gamechanger for me try it and let me know

Parham

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
How do you unlock/purchase more vinyls outside of the ones listed in the store?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
The whole loot system is fucked up which is why you're seeing people farm or drop after the first chest. It makes zero sense to do anything above GM1 due to not only how hard it is but how long enemies take to go down. It makes much more sense to do exploits than the proper way.

yup, the time you invest does not warrant the drops

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
The whole loot system is fucked up which is why you're seeing people farm or drop after the first chest. It makes zero sense to do anything above GM1 due to not only how hard it is but how long enemies take to go down. It makes much more sense to do exploits than the proper way.

I hope they change it. That grind is gonna stop a lot of folks dead in their tracks.

AmuroRX

Oct 25, 2017
07e05866-547e-42b2-ac59-fd37bd556f5e.jpg
So downloaded the trial and played for 2 hours. Switched to Colossus as my first Javelin. I have to say the game is gorgeous on ultra. I get anywhere from 80 to 150 depending on what's going on. I'm not sure how I like playing the game with a m/kb. Still getting use to that. Think it would probably play better with a controller. The combat does feel like there's no weight to the guns so far. Hoping that changes as I get higher up. I have to say my favorite thing is the shield bash. So much fun. :D

Yeah I resorted to a controller. When it comes to 3rd person games on the pc i tend to gravitate to that. Using my new x1 phantom controller

AmuroRX

Oct 25, 2017
Have everything you have except a i7700k and switching it to borderless fixes all for me it still dips but stays in the 50+FPS , Gamechanger for me try it and let me know

No did a full restart with borderless and still major stutter in ft taris. However aside from the Fort, I don't get stutter but still get major frame drops. Hopefully we see some improvement Friday. If the Fort just ran smoothly for me I would be enjoying this game more.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
No did a full restart with borderless and still major stutter in ft taris. However aside from the Fort, I don't get stutter but still get major frame drops. Hopefully we see some improvement Friday. If the Fort just ran smoothly for me I would be enjoying this game more.

Hmm strange indeed, Tarsis for me is a locked 60. Can't wait on this Friday patch tho.

Nov 2, 2017
Who came up with the consumable crafting UI? Why do I need to matchmake into the launch bay for fucks sake? What the hell does +20% support luck even do? Why does my masterwork LMG boost pistol damage? God damn this game is death by 1,000 annoying little design decisions.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to play through the intro just fine but now whenever I try to load the first mission from Fort Tarsis the game freezes at the end of the load, anyone know a solution?

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Who came up with the consumable crafting UI? Why do I need to matchmake into the launch bay for fucks sake? What the hell does +20% support luck even do? Why does my masterwork LMG boost pistol damage? God damn this game is death by 1,000 annoying little design decisions.

I can assure you... All of those boosts might do something.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i've been playing the 10 trial on the puter. And the custom colours disappearing bug it still in it. 😭

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I sure do love how the game insists on erasing all the time I spent on customizing my javelin by deleting what I changed and giving me a default Ranger or Colossus.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
This is not even like a loot cave situation where something is clearly not working as it should. This is how they designed the system from the ground up to be.

It boggles the mind.

It literally feels like the design team in BW have very little clue how mechanics can be bypass to speed farm and how some of the online mechanics can halt progression. The echo mechanic before they eventually fixed it was a prime example, they have to be told if a player never deposit the echo, it stops progression for everyone; Shouldn't this stuff came up during QA?

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
They need to figure out if they want destiny loot or Diablo 3 loot. Based on the insane amount of roll variables, even with a shallow loot pool, you got to go the D3 route. Once you were in T1 + difficulties in endgame content of D3, you always left an hour gameplay session with something better or something new to play with. If you can spend 90+ minutes grinding through a GM3 stronghold without a minimum guarded of a few MW drops or a legendary... you are designing your game wrong. The whole appeal of banging your head against the harder and harder difficulties is to make the loot rain.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on normal will still give blue drops right?

Also, where do I find my Alliance Contribution? I can see everyone elses.

Glad to see BW have fixed the underwater lighting for Tyrant's Mine.

Think I have an hour or so left of my trial, and I've decided not to cancel my preorder.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Would love to see set gear added sooner than later. Tieing sets to strongholds would be a good way to push people into those activities.

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't been following this game and assumed you got armor and stuff as loot drop. That's um...something else alright for a loot game

Missed opportunity to add armor pieces to the loot table, with gear sets and maybe even mixing and matching to attain a bonus stat / skill similar to Monster Hunter. Having abilities part of the loot table is not a good design, imo.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I sure do love how the game insists on erasing all the time I spent on customizing my javelin by deleting what I changed and giving me a default Ranger or Colossus.
Had this three times aswell, i made a screenshot of my settings to customize my javelin faster to my likes when this will happen again

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
How many different armor sets?
That's sad. I thought there would be a ton of options to choose from in game and in the store.
One for each javelin, plus 2 skins from the store.

Thats it.

I would hope that they actually push rest live this Friday when game is officially released and available for everyone.

If what game has now really is it then that is next level of sad for looter shooter. There is absolutely nothing to spend coins on as Storm main if you don't really want spend 40-50k coins on blue set from demo.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
It literally feels like the design team in BW have very little clue how mechanics can be bypass to speed farm and how some of the online mechanics can halt progression. The echo mechanic before they eventually fixed it was a prime example, they have to be told if a player never deposit the echo, it stops progression for everyone; Shouldn't this stuff came up during QA?

The most incredible thing about this is that this game is launching in a time where Warframe, Division and Destiny exists, these people, designers and testers played those games during the 7 year dev cycle, they knew it was going to happen. They knew the most common problems these kind of games have and what people want from them, and yet, here we are with not even a barebones experience like that, it's just straight up a bad one.

How can you not call them out for being at designing this game? How?

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hopefully there is an interesting system for customization/armor loot coming and soon.

My biggest issue with the game is the fact that abilities are drops. At first I thought it would mean some kind of Borderlands style
system with rng combinations but it turns out to just be the same 10 abilities dropped over and over.
Which means the end game grind for 3 of your slots is basically going to be grinding for modifier bonus rolls.
Unless I am missing something that seems very lacking and even similar to one of the biggest criticisms of Destiny (grinding for god rolls).

I just don't really see why 3 gear slots are reserved for abilities in the current system, especially if the only real discerning factors
are the level and bonuses. Would have rather just seen abilities tied to a skill tree or something and give me some armor slots
to hold those various modifiers/bonuses. At least it would at least give you some variety.

90% of my matches end with 4 storms who look the same with different paint jobs.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If what game has now really is it then that is next level of sad for looter shooter. There is absolutely nothing to spend coins on as Storm main if you don't really want spend 40-50k coins on blue set from demo.
That was really depressing for me to find out, when i booted up the trial.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what determines your characters eye color/lights?

Also what happened to the skill tree from the Alpha?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Anyone know what determines your characters eye color/lights?

Also what happened to the skill tree from the Alpha?

Nothing determines color of lights, they are static color. BW is interested about adding them to things one can change, after hearing feedback that people want it.

Also skill tree was axed, replaced with mix of level tied unlocks and moving skill tree perks into gear rolled affixes.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Day one patch notes are here.

High level fixes
  • Improved loading times
  • Fixed many infinite loading screens
  • Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
  • A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
  • Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers

General Fixes and Improvements
  • Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
  • The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
  • At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".
  • Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
  • During the mission "What Freelancers Do" dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
  • Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
  • Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
  • Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
  • Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
  • Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
  • The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
  • Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
  • Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
  • Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn
  • Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
  • After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
  • Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
  • Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress
  • The start of expedition screen has been improved
  • Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
  • Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present
  • Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
  • Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
  • Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing
  • Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
  • Increased the damage of the electric status effect
  • Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
  • The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
  • Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans

Strongholds
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
  • Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
  • Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
  • Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
  • Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
  • The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
  • Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations

Gear and Weapons
  • After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
  • Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
  • Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
  • Players can no longer salvage equipped items
  • Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for
  • Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
  • The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip

Javelins
  • The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
  • The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
  • The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time
  • Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component

Crafting
  • Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork

Controls
  • Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made

UI
  • Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
  • The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
  • Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
  • Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
  • Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
  • The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
  • An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
  • The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
  • A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items
  • On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
  • Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
  • Corrected a user interface issue where a player's ultimate would show as available when it isn't

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand why people exploit games. Wonder if there will be repercussions for the players. There have been in the past in other games.
So now people are doing strongholds and quitting after the first chest.

Jesus fucking christ.
The people doing this and the loot flight path are only doing this to get "best gear" and then stop playing. I see a few articles that the exploits are "skipping end game". Which is really funny to me. The loot is not the end game, doing the highest difficulty is the end game. And BW can just add as many difficulties they want and they expand it further.

There are so many terrible opinion pieces and articles that it is not even funny. Just laughable.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So in Quickplay this evening I've found two consistently bugged things.

One is the Javelin of Dawn collection mission, and upon escaping there's an area with two Dominion portals. These seem to spawn Dominion infinitely, meaning you can't complete the mission.

The second is the Tyrant Mine Stronghold, where there's a door that sometimes will not open.

For most of today, on either Mission or Stronghold Quickplay, I have what feels like a 25 percent chance to get the bugged content.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
they should have armor as drops, look at other looter shooters
I think they probably will add them as cosmetic drops down the line but then that breaks their MTX store. Also, it kinda only works when there are loads and loads of options. Seems pretty basic at the moment, unless they are holding loads of stuff back.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I will never understand why people exploit games. Wonder if there will be repercussions for the players. There have been in the past in other games.

I doubt they do anything to people who abuse infinite ultimate exploit. Just patch it and call it a day.

If you refer to chest farming (which even isn't exploit as game works 100% as intended with them) then MAYBE roll people back, but that would cause huge backslash from community so I doubt they will risk it. At best they just remove MW and Legendary drops from chest loot pools.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I think they probably will add them as cosmetic drops down the line but then that breaks their MTX store. Also, it kinda only works when there are loads and loads of options. Seems pretty basic at the moment, unless they are holding loads of stuff back.

i think they should fix the loot drop algorithm first, no reason to finish a stronghold when the first chest yields the same award as the end boss

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing determines color of lights, they are static color. BW is interested about adding them to things one can change, after hearing feedback that people want it.

Also skill tree was axed, replaced with mix of level tied unlocks and moving skill tree perks into gear rolled affixes.
Hmmm, interesting. My Buddies eye lights are orange/Gold and mine are blue. Is that tied to the javelin type? I also saw Storms with gold eyes as well though? So Random maybe?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i think they should fix the loot drop algorithm first, no reason to finish a stronghold when the first chest yields the same award as the end boss
Agreed. I personally think if they are holding back loads of MW variations etc, they should just let them into the pool. More stuff is better and makes it easier to start to tier items when players have options.