• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guys. I just want to jump in and have fun with my friends in a looter shooter. Aside from loading screens, which we can deal with because we are local friends, what should I be concerned with?

We are pretty simple: we want fun combat scenarios and loot that facilitates a satisfying reward loop.

Yeah?

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, going to save up my last two hours of EA Access for the 22nd. Give it another shot with the latest patch before I decide to go full Premier or not.

Game is a lot fun so far, but a bit worried about how much there is to do once you hit level 30.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Well, if this day one patch is all the fixes we are going to get, nobody can claim anymore that there's a magic patch incoming. Those are just bugfixes and QOL improvements.

There is no armor to be gained in the game at all so far, excluding one set for each javelin and they are probably not coming for a while.
Which is mind blowing bc it can't be that hard.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Doesnt exactly inspire confidence, but im hopeful this is a step in the right direction. This sounds like such an EA type of decision though. Cosmetics have always been a huge part of multiplayer rpgs, or hell even single player ones lol. Having them relegated off to an eShop seems like such a cash grab.

You seem to get a lot of coin in the campaign. Now whether that continues post campaign remains to be seen, but the prices don't seem too unfair. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of cosmetics in the vanity shop and only epics at that as far as the highest level.

I wonder if legendary cosmetics are tied to this upcoming feature?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You seem to get a lot of coin in the campaign. Now whether that continues post campaign remains to be seen, but the prices don't seem too unfair. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of cosmetics in the vanity shop and only epics at that as far as the highest level.

I wonder if legendary cosmetics are tied to this upcoming feature?

It sounds like once you do all the activities in your log, the only way to get coin is from doing Daily, Weekly, and Monthly challenges. Atleast for now.

The Legendary cosmetics does sound like it could be what this will be. Just wonder if its coming soon or if we have to wait for the Act 1 dlc stuff for it. He says they can hopefully talk about it next week, so I dont assume it will be in the day one patch.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Guys. I just want to jump in and have fun with my friends in a looter shooter. Aside from loading screens, which we can deal with because we are local friends, what should I be concerned with?

We are pretty simple: we want fun combat scenarios and loot that facilitates a satisfying reward loop.

Yeah?
I'm playing with my friends right now, and I find it a lot of fun. The masterwork loot I've gotten has been really cool. I got a gun that calls down lightning every 3-4 shots. Past that, I've been enjoying trying different ability combos on my Storm, which I enjoy thoroughly. I think the uncommon-epic inscriptions are more about synergy and are kind of boring, but after getting that masterwork rifle, I'm really interested to see what kind of loot shows up later on.

It sounds like once you do all the activities in your log, the only way to get coin is from doing Daily, Weekly, and Monthly challenges. Atleast for now.

The Legendary cosmetics does sound like it could be what this will be. Just wonder if its coming soon or if we have to wait for the Act 1 dlc stuff for it. He says they can hopefully talk about it next week, so I dont assume it will be in the day one patch.
You get plenty of coin from Alliances too.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I railed into him after "that" mission, but still felt bad. I felt like a friend that was angry that he put himself in that kind of danger. I like that it actually gave me the option to cool off and stop shouting at one point. Came at the perfect moment.

Me too! I loved it. I was mad because he put himself in danger, and it worked perfectly.

At least it's something that can be adjusted easily if need be. I bought the N7 vinyl with the coin it gave me, so that was nice. It'll build goodwill if EA and BioWare err on more consumer friendly approaches to cosmetic unlocks.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Well that tweet is from last week (the 16th) so when he says next week he means this week.

I too wonder what the plan is, because even during the E3 demos and whatnot they kept talking about all the cosmetic changes you could make and that no Javelin would look the same... There has to be some other way of obtaining cosmetics that isn't just what's on that little store now. Whether it be a new tab, or a different vendor, or drops, I doubt that this is it

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I like that the Colossus will be able to have a shield up while reviving.

Anyone else on "X" noticing radically different performance? What I mean is yesterday when I was in the Bub area the screen tearing was horrid, I could even go to the map and see screen tearing. Tonight I noticed zero screen tearing in the hub area and even out in the world I barely detect it. It is really odd. Tonight when I grouped up with 2 others and did a pretty long mission it was flawless. No rubber banding, no disconnects basically zero issue. I up to 9 hours on my trial and today was the best experience so far with zero issues. Yesterday for the 2 hours I played had a lot of performance, screen tearing 3-4 disconnects but for the 3 hours or so today perfect.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
playing with my friends right now, and I find it a lot of fun. The masterwork loot I've gotten has been really cool. I got a gun that calls down lightning every 3-4 shots. Past that, I've been enjoying trying different ability combos on my Storm, which I enjoy thoroughly. I think the uncommon-epic inscriptions are more about synergy and are kind of boring, but after getting that masterwork rifle, I'm really interested to see what kind of loot shows up later on.

Nice, thanks. I feel like it's a given that my flatmates and I try this out, and some fun loot-stomping with friends sounds good.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
So now people are doing strongholds and quitting after the first chest.

Jesus fucking christ.
GrimyDapperBlackcrappie-small.gif

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How did the game run on PS4 during the Beta?

Im playing on PC now and its a mess without an SSD. The load times are bad, but its the pop in thats really bothering me. I dont know if theres any settings I can adjust to fix this. I would rather play on PS4 when I get the full release.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
So I hit level cap, got a few masterworks, and am somewhat satisfied with the time I spent. That being said, the last few story missions really, really dragged for me and while some of the "side" stuff was neat, the basic mission is really boring.

I'm not sure I'll be sticking around too much longer (I'll likely try out the patch), but I'm keenly interested to see how this evolve and develop over the next year or so.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you and your friends enjoy killing stuff and working together, the core gameplay loop will satisfy. I do recommend playing on Hard starting out. I think Normal is tuned a little too easy.
Oh for sure. I kinda gleaned that from watching some vids, but it's good to hear it from a somewhat closer source.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've yet to try Ranger, but man the Interceptor just really feels weak in comparison to the other two classes. Being in melee range just fucks you unless it's trash mobs. No survivability to help with that either. Colossus is just such a beast lol

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
What rig you running, if you don't mind my asking?

8700K/2080Ti FE/32GB RAM/SSD
2560x1080/144 Ultrawide

With no limit I was getting 80ish under heavy strain in massive fights and 120+ everywhere else; a lot of stuff was weirdly uncapped. Temps hovered around 77-79 for most of it.

Everything on ultra. Waiting on one of those detailed settings videos before messing with that.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
They really do have an amazing building block here with Anthem - the things they could do within this world is incredible.

It's a shame that it is likely going to review pretty terribly, as I do believe it's something special.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cosmetics tied to achievements are unbelievable. Why? Everyone will always get the same armor. SO THERES NO DIFFERENCE. There are no rare drops "Ohhh, where did you get that??", its an achievement that everyone will get eventually.

Also, I broke my build, I can now hold E forever and it will never deplete the skill.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stronghold farm is probably faster than looting them on the wild, since the first stage of the stronghold takes like 4 minutes to do.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The whole loot system is fucked up which is why you're seeing people farm or drop after the first chest. It makes zero sense to do anything above GM1 due to not only how hard it is but how long enemies take to go down. It makes much more sense to do exploits than the proper way.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole loot system is fucked up which is why you're seeing people farm or drop after the first chest. It makes zero sense to do anything above GM1 due to not only how hard it is but how long enemies take to go down. It makes much more sense to do exploits than the proper way.

This is not even like a loot cave situation where something is clearly not working as it should. This is how they designed the system from the ground up to be.

It boggles the mind.

AmuroRX

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, strange. What CPU?

i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz
16gb DDR4 3000mhz
1x 512gb EVO 850 SSD
1x 256gb EVO 840 SSD
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW3

Trying to run at 1440p60 Utra or High preset gives me dips as low as in the 40s. FT Taris has horrible stuttering too. I had to resort to removing motion blur completely just so it won't give me a headache.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
My 1070 is getting pounded on Ultra and High preset. Seriously I hope we see some game performance improvements on Friday.

Same here but I changed it from fullscreen to borderless and my frames are great now, fullscreen I'm in the 30-40, borderless for some reason sticks to 54-60fps.

Not sure what is causing it tho.