• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So frustrated right now...3/4hr into tyrant mine on hard...struggling room by room. My internet goes down for like 5 mins max. Lose the group which is understandable but also lose all the drops I had accumulated till the disconnect? What game does this?
You don't lose your loot. They're stored in your inventory, but still encrypted until you complete a mission. Just start a free roam and complete it right away, you'll receive them.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Posted this other tweet of Michael's over on the review thread because of some of the comments I read on there:

Hot damn I'm sure as we speak they are doing all they can to address the smaller fires reported by people over the Early Access. Not sure what can be done on the short term to address the other issues but still. At least the team seems very active online and is working on fixing the game.

Not sure how could someone doubt that, specially in the current state of the game. I'm not even surprised stuff gets fixed fast because the game has the majority of it's data server side, so it's easier and understandable that can be fixed fast.

But again, that's just a bug, higher difficulties being worthless is the actual problem here. They will surely increase drop rates even higher now.

Also, the chest thing is already fixed?

JJt5FAB.png

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You don't lose your loot. They're stored in your inventory, but still encrypted until you complete a mission. Just start a free roam and complete it right away, you'll receive them.

That doesn't seem to always work. I just posted a situation above where I lost close to 2 hrs of loot, even after rejoining a session.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So frustrated right now...3/4hr into tyrant mine on hard...struggling room by room. My internet goes down for like 5 mins max. Lose the group which is understandable but also lose all the drops I had accumulated till the disconnect? What game does this?

You did not lose the drops. Go into free play and then immediately go back to the fort you will get your drops. They are still there, just queued for completion

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Just had my first major bug in Quickplay tonight. (there have been some disconnects and one infinite loading issue) Had the end of the Javelin of Dawn mission, where you have to finish the enemies pouring out of two Dominion portals. They never stopped. It just kept going, 25 minutes later. Went through five poeple cycling in and out of the mission before I gave up.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Well, the good news is, they can only go up from here!
I guess that's one way to look at it lol.

I think I've been in this gaming thing for long enough to know when something is beyond repair and when I see potential for something cool. In Anthem that potential is there, but it hasn't been fully untapped yet, and neither will it be over the next week or two. It'll be probably be only after a few of those "Acts" that they will be able to right the ship a bit... Now the question is whether one is willing to take the trip alongside them or play the waiting game. Anthem is probably gonna be at its best in a few months to a year, but without a strong community driving change, change won't happen.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldnt "fixing" the grandmaster chest thingy go against what they said about any activity giving some possibility of loot? They may tweak chests to have rarer drops, but they should still drop the rarest stuff.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
how do i get missions? do i just need tof uckign freeplay? exploratin crap? in order to gather shit and be able to conitnue? i dont see anyone on the hub to talk to,,all i have are freeplay crap icons on the map.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I have a feeling they'll have a very limited window of opportunity to fix this sinking ship. Who knows who's to blame for this mess, but if it's not EA, I don't see them having much patience.

EA in general doesn't do as well as others with post-launch support. Like if this was an Ubisoft game? It would be no question. This as much a test for Bioware as for EA to see what they can really do with Anthem.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Michael Gamble just posted this on Twitter:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the requirements for the tomb start being tracked earlier?

Also:

which ties into...

EDIT: Beaten on that last Tweet lol. But yeah still like that they seem to be monitoring the web and addressing issues

Doesn't it feels like they are using the earlier consumers as quality control? I mean, how the hell there are so much stuff beeing corrected like this? What where they thinking with the tombs quest, or litle quality of life features? Nobody tell them that something wasn't right?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Has anyone else ran into issues where you lose loot after a DC? I was really hoping that was fixed but it hit me last night during freeplay.

I took out my lower level Ranger in easy freeplay to clear out temple stuff hoping to grab some epic gear for him at the same time. I ran around for close to 2 hrs doing chests and such before getting DCed. I had collected at least 5-6 epic items during that point.

I joined back on my session and finished up a few more temple requirements and exited expedition. I picked up one epic right at the end, and unfortunately there was only that one on the mission complete screen.

I was hoping they were just put in my inventory but I checked and there was nothing.

Still kind of baffling its a loot game without a proper real time inventory.
i remember in the demo after a DC...u could load back into Freeplay. And then back out and ur loot u thought u lost would be there in the reward screen.

not sure about how it works now. I've heard that lower tier loot doesn't go to ur post office or whatever. But only epic/masterwork/legendary loot does, if u missed and and didn't pick it up

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Decrease drop rate of higher tier gear in chests (don't eliminate it), then increase drop rates much more for GM levels across the board and put in some guaranteed drops in strong holds, especially for boss kill. No one should walk away from a 90 min strong hold run without at least one legendary. They don't have to abandon their any loot anywhere system. They just need to slightly nerf chests and massively buff activities, specifically stongholds that seem like they take longer and longer as difficulty increases.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That doesn't seem to always work. I just posted a situation above where I lost close to 2 hrs of loot, even after rejoining a session.
Weird. Your loot should've been stored server-side. There's probably a bug after all, or issue with server syncing due to the disconnect.

I have a feeling they'll have a very limited window of opportunity to fix this sinking ship. Who knows who's to blame for this mess, but if it's not EA, I don't see them having much patience.
EA in general doesn't do as well as others with post-launch support. Like if this was an Ubisoft game? It would be no question. This as much a test for Bioware as for EA to see what they can really do with Anthem.
Remember that SWTOR happened. A full price + subscription service MMO that failed tremendously. It's still alive and well now, even better than at launch.

Anthem will be fine.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Wouldnt "fixing" the grandmaster chest thingy go against what they said about any activity giving some possibility of loot? They may tweak chests to have rarer drops, but they should still drop the rarest stuff.

Yikes. Spent 2hrs running around on GM3, only have premier for a month and will be solely playing on ps4 so don't judge me, opened tons of chests and only ended up with 2 masterworks. 30-35 chests and 2 worthwhile drops. If they lower that, man oh man.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Yikes. Spent 2hrs running around on GM3, only have premier for a month and will be solely playing on ps4 so don't judge me, opened tons of chests and only ended up with 2 masterworks. 30-35 chests and 2 worthwhile drops. If they lower that, man oh man.
Yeah, that is no loot cave 2.0. They just need to massively buff the drop rate for other activities. It took Diablo 3 a while to figure it out, but they eventually got there. When you have tons of stat variables with each roll of a legendary, you need to drop them like candy during high level end game content. I remember when Diablo 3 did the "double drop rate on legendaries weekend" and everyone was like.. that..that is the right setting and they just made it permanent.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Being unable to quit out of a bugged stronghold is a nice touch.

Not sure what bug you've encountered, but when I got locked out of a stronghold room for arriving too late, I was able to go to the map and quit the expedition from there (hold F on the PC version, not sure about controller/consoles). Possible you've already tried this/can't get to the map, in which case ignore me!

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree heavily. Anthems guns feel amazing to me. It might just be because I am a Colossus but the auto cannon is like firing a chainsaw that sprays bullets

I saw a streamer play colossus and it looked like a blast. Wish I had started with one honestly.

Colossus is amazing.
SafeSpottedKudu-size_restricted.gif

UniqueLinearLarva-size_restricted.gif

I definitely like it more than the Ranger. Haven't played the other two.

The game's combat is really fantastic.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Have no way to confirm but I read on Reddit if you get locked out of a room from your squad, select "respawn" from the map menu and you should respawn in the door. No idea if this works but maybe worth a shot.

MistaTwo

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Weird. Your loot should've been stored server-side. There's probably a bug after all, or issue with server syncing due to the disconnect.

Yeah, now that I think about it maybe it just didn't get flagged for decryption after rejoining the session or something?
I didn't actually try to load into another freeplay as I didn't think it would matter because I rejoined and made it to the complete screen and got th e last 30 min or so worth of loot.

It could be that I suppose or just another bug. I was really hoping to get some epic stuff for my ranger too.
This was all after I got the 0 progress bug on the Temples and spent half my day redoing missions and such, so I was a little annoyed to be honest.

i remember in the demo after a DC...u could load back into Freeplay. And then back out and ur loot u thought u lost would be there in the reward screen.

not sure about how it works now. I've heard that lower tier loot doesn't go to ur post office or whatever. But only epic/masterwork/legendary loot does, if u missed and and didn't pick it up

Yeah, I had that happen to me during the beta multiple times. The biggest issue was when you got DCed right before or during the complete screen.
Sometimes it would work and give me the loot in a different freeplay but at least 2 times even loading into freeplay gave me nothing.

In this last case it was a bit weird because I still managed to rejoin the session and make it to the complete screen, but the only stuff I saw was the 5-6 items I collected in the last 30 mins.......

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that is no loot cave 2.0. They just need to massively buff the drop rate for other activities. It took Diablo 3 a while to figure it out, but they eventually got there. When you have tons of stat variables with each roll of a legendary, you need to drop them like candy during high level end game content. I remember when Diablo 3 did the "double drop rate on legendaries weekend" and everyone was like.. that..that is the right setting and they just made it permanent.

yup, Diablo had the right ratio of loot, I'd say Division also , min-maxing was the end game for these games

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

Each items has 4 inscription slots, each slot has dozens of possibilities, and each possibility has a stat range. If loot isn't thrown at you like post d3 loot 2.0 patch, as you said, it's gonna be rocky. If they scale drops to the hardcore grinders, a casual player may never see a legendary before they put down the game.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
Have no way to confirm but I read on Reddit if you get locked out of a room from your squad, select "respawn" from the map menu and you should respawn in the door. No idea if this works but maybe worth a shot.

Went into a stronghold and the game spawned two of us separate from the other two, locked behind doors further into the dungeon. After 5 minutes of trying to find our way to them, I opened menu and seen the respawn option. I used it and it indeed put me back with the group. It works!

Oct 27, 2017
Up to 17 hours now, and I'm still doing the missions (Don't think I'm too far into the campaign). I just bumped up to the difficulty above default (Hard, I guess), and I'm definitely enjoying it. It has faults that match the genre. I mean, from Destiny 1 and 2, to The Division, to this, it's all got the same trappings. I do enjoy the focus on story. I'm just concerned that the internet has turned on the game and people won't ever give it a fair chance.

I really do think they'll leverage this whole "unformed world" thing into having the jungle change biomes. Imagine it frozen over? I bet we'll see some shit like that. It'll be pretty cool. Maybe that's a production nightmare and, by extension, a pipe dream. Seems like a rational place to take this, though.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
-Get into group
-Almost finish mission
-Game boots me out for some reason
-Try to rejoin
-95% bug

Fuck you too.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Remember that SWTOR happened. A full price + subscription service MMO that failed tremendously. It's still alive and well now, even better than at launch.

Anthem will be fine.

ME:A also happened, and had its planned DLC with story hooks in the base game cancelled.

I think Anthem will perform better, but some skepticism is justified.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
ME:A also happened, and had its planned DLC with story hooks in the base game cancelled.

I think Anthem will perform better, but some skepticism is justified.
It was just a rumor, they never planned for story DLC for ME Andromeda. And since the game didn't sell that well, of course there's no reason to develop any for the game.

I thought they already fixed the infinite loading bug
It still happens, but instead of simply stuck at 95% and requires the game to be force-closed, there's an error now and you'll be sent back to main menu/Fort Tarsis.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

He also made a thread on Reddit about the changes made to the tombs: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...anges_to_tomb_of_the_legionnaires_challenges/

We have made some changes that allows progress to start being tracked earlier.
  • This means that you'll earn progress towards the challenges starting at level 3 now.

Here are some workarounds as we address some other issues with the Tombs:
  • If you gained access to one of the Legionnaires Tombs but there is no interaction on the Tomb, please restart freeplay and make your way back to the Tomb.
  • If your journal is telling you that the challenges are complete but the Tomb door doesn't open as it should, please go to the Challenges section of your journal and check that the challenge criteria is completed. In some cases we have seen the journal display misleading information at this step. Completing the challenges as they appear in the challenge section should allow access to the Tombs.

MistaTwo

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I thought they already fixed the infinite loading bug

Still happens at times, but not as often.

I had it happen last night while trying to rejoin a mission after a DC.
Had to Alt + F4 and even then the game wouldn't launch until I went into the task manager and killed the process.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't, or at least it didn't for me. I read that solution a bunch of times, and I think other people have followed up saying that it works if you're in freeplay but not if you specifically launched into the stronghold? (I'm not even sure you can enter a stronghold from freeplay, to be honest.) In any case, the map showed no options for respawning for me.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Quite a long list.

Day One update details
Just got sent these by PR. Working on formatting...

Day One Update Details

High level fixes

Improved loading times​
Fixed many infinite loading screens​
Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly​
A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash​
Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers​

General Fixes and Improvements

Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.​
The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations​
At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".​
Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin​
During the mission "What Freelancers Do" dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed​
Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels​
Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes​
Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board​
Some enemies have had their shield values decreased​
Loot now properly drops for players who are downed​
The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved​
Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen​
Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly​
Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn​
Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance​
After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously​
Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances​
Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress​
The start of expedition screen has been improved​
Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events​
Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present​
Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield​
Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations​
Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing​
Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay​
Increased the damage of the electric status effect​
Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations​
The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended​
Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans​

Strongholds

Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss​
Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room​
Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall​
Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team​
Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit​
The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations​
Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations​

Gear and Weapons

After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang​
Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear​
Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly​
Players can no longer salvage equipped items​
Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for​
Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions​
The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip​

Javelins

The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon​
The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up​
Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended​
The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time​
Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component​

Crafting

Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork​

Controls

Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made​

UI

Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed​
The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player​
Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often​
Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One​
Motion blur can now correctly be turned off​
The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly​
An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD​
The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations​
A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear Corrected a user interface issue where a player's ultimate would show as available when it isn't​

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
My brother told me today he did the strong hold with 2 other colossus, and an interceptor. When they got to the bug part all 3 ran around with shields up just mowing them down. Think that's the next javelin I'm unlocking.

That's what I just did with my Colossus, I noticed the bugs starting to swarm on a couple of the Rangers on the team and I just knocked them all down with my shield to get them away from my team.

No need to pull the game down when half the player base or more is probably in a loading screen anyway

I mean, you're not wrong, I shouldn't have to put the game on my SSD to get loading times closer to 30-40 seconds.

The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time

Yeeeessss.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
-The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up

why would Storm react to getting hit if its shield is up?...if the shield is up that means they should not be getting hit
Yeah, even the enemies with shield don't react to getting hit. Unless they also nerf them the same way.

Seems like Storm nerf and other javelins buff overall (excluding Ranger).

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, you're totally right and I did think about Borderlands, but for some reason I don't think of that game as being all that similar to Destiny and Anthem for some reason. I think part of it might be the more overt MMO elements of the latter games. It might also be that I played all three Borderlands games solo, without any co-op partners at all, and felt they were complete single-player experiences.
That is exactly why. Because I didn't have any friends playing it I also did it completely solo and thought of it as that kind of experience BUT, if you added in some randoms running around the world that could team up with you or had a social hub where you could team up etc etc, it would totally be similar to these games. I think that's why people expect the next game to be Destiny-like since it would be a natural evolution of the series.