• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, what's the difference between melee strike, and melee weapon damage? Is melee weapon damage referring to stuff like the Plasma Stars?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
hmm
7b21.jpg

let's translate

lifetime seconds? that is a long ass time, lol so max stack limit?

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I am really enjoying that part of it but it still feels like everyone is rushing through everything even though it's only week one, the world looks amazing but i really cant tell because we travel everywhere as quick as possible and leave as quick as possible.

I thought everybody rushed through in Destiny 2. Back then I thought it was because people had played the same levels for weeks and I came to it a month or so after launch. Doesn't make sense with Anthem though as its only been out a few days. Why would people rush when its their first playthrough of a mission?

Has anybody managed to play through it on solo just to see the sights and hear the dialog at their own pace ? I tried with the demo on my own and it was too hard on normal difficulty.

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
After playing around 15 hours, I have to say that I like the game. I played everything with a good mate together and we both have a blast. But the game sure has some problems. The biggest one for me are the loading times and combined with the mission structure. I'm quite baffled that in this day and age we have loading screens even after an ingame-cutscene. Just why? If it's really due to engine shenanigans as noted in this thread before, it's really questionable to use such an engine for a game like this.
The UI could have some better functionality, too.
But still, we have fun with it, although both of us play it with EA Access and I'm not sure if I would buy the game for full price....

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Their last two games were cookie cutter open-world design. Again, this game is basically Mass Effect: The Hinterlands.
Minus the story and interesting companions of course.

Sounds like you don't have interesting frineds. ;)

Kidding, I know what you meant but I wonder if they really thought that playing with friends would replace good characters.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand this game. They had so long...SO long to work on it. It is very pretty...but did they not think anything else through? The mission setup is horrendous. Every mission is the exact same in the 10 hours I played. It was, go to this spot, fight a group, go to another spot, fight another group, fight "boss", end mission. I just don't understand why they weren't seeing complaints of other games like Destiny & The Division and deciding to maybe toss things up a bit. I mean, there are really only basic 3 enemy types from as far as I can tell.

There are so many cool things that they could've done with these suits, most of all the feeling of power. Yet, every single fight I'm in, I really feel like it's a struggle to stay alive with the most basic of enemies. You should be able to destroy the sniper skar's without much a fight and yet, I still get killed easily as a Ranger in the mine mission by some random sniper shot.

That being said, it's a horrible game and I hate myself for playing 10 hours and I cannot wait until Friday to be even more mad at wasting money and time playing it.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't fired up my 10-hour trial, but I'm surprised to see that opinions are so mixed thus far. It seems like the story can be pretty solid, but playing in a squad makes it far too easy to miss vital, story-related, coms. I've also seen a few people say that the mission types aren't quite varied enough?

Seems like a solid co-op game to me, but it's now on my "wait for a price drop" list. I'm still looking forward to the 10 hour trial though. That should at least give me a good appetizer while I wait for a better deal on the main course.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
This thread re-affirms every problem I had since I played the closed alpha. Sad really, game has potential

I really hope BioWare can recover from this, I want Dragon Age 4

Last edited:

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
despite the problems/issues, I think this game will do well, if you check in the PSN store, the Legion of Dawn edition has twice the number of reviews than the normal edition (2400+ vs 1100+), people are thirsty for a looter shooter game

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
The chest farm is just the carrot on top. That basically voids every other activity in the game. Why put yourself through the misery of going on GM1, GM2, or GM3 missions when you can just go into GM freeplay and constantly farm a specific chest route? This is what happens when your top tier loot can drop from anywhere rather than limiting it to specific activities. Not to mention what destination is there? In Destiny you have raids, which challenges your gear level and your mechanical skills and for completing it you're rewarded with the highest tier loot. In Anthem there is? You just turn up the difficulty and run out and gather chests and you're rewarded with the best loot. There's no pinnacle activity in Anthem nor is there PvP.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
The chest farm is just the carrot on top. That basically voids every other activity in the game. Why put yourself through the misery of going on GM1, GM2, or GM3 missions when you can just go into GM freeplay and constantly farm a specific chest route? This is what happens when your top tier loot can drop from anywhere rather than limiting it to specific activities. Not to mention what destination is there? In Destiny you have raids, which challenges your gear level and your mechanical skills and for completing it you're rewarded with the highest tier loot. In Anthem there is? You just turn up the difficulty and run out and gather chests and you're rewarded with the best loot. There's no pinnacle activity in Anthem nor is there PvP.

that is the basic problem here, people are hoping Cataclysm will solve that issue

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I thought everybody rushed through in Destiny 2. Back then I thought it was because people had played the same levels for weeks and I came to it a month or so after launch. Doesn't make sense with Anthem though as its only been out a few days. Why would people rush when its their first playthrough of a mission?

Has anybody managed to play through it on solo just to see the sights and hear the dialog at their own pace ? I tried with the demo on my own and it was too hard on normal difficulty.

I think it's partly just because you can fly and the flying is pretty cool, so why go down and investigate anything when you can just zoom directly through the markers. Plus if you are not playing with friends people will just auto-default to trying to be first to the marker, then that triggers a handy "you are too far away" message for everyone else lagging behind who get teleported forward. That message is far too aggressive, you even see it when you are within line of sight of your team mate landing at the objective.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
I watched a shit load of streams this weekend in order to make my own opinion. I'm canceling my pre-order.
The game looks like it needed at least another year in the oven. It smells like EA turned to Bioware "this has already eaten too much money, glue everything together and release it".

I'll definitely pick it up after a few patchs if they fix and add a lot of stuff because damn if the game isnt fun to play. But fun gameplay isnt enough. (just like, for me at least, story isnt enough if the gameplay isnt there as well: RDR2).

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Some of the best exotics in Destiny can literally drop from random chests

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They can take the destiny rout, change chest so only drop crap, make bosses drop more loot, give you rewards for daily weekly and month things.

I mean is a live game, sure they can tweak these things as they find exploits and such.

Ever looting game I've tired had these issues at the start, some players will find the easiest way to get something and exploit it.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
That depends on what you want out of these games. Anthem's combat system is much better than division..and D2 for that matter.

I wouldn't say "better". It's different, you're obviously not flying in a sci-fi mech suit in The Division, but the combat is far more tactical and I'd say it has a lot more depth, too.

But if you want a more fantastic setting, well, The Division 2 is not going to do it for you.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
So I did three Quick Plays, one worked but I did join 5 seconds before the end, one had the stuck on 90% loading bug and the other didn't progress because it glitched out. Fun times.

Johnny Cage

Nov 26, 2017
Damn people really aren't feeling this game. I've really enjoyed my trial playing the interceptor, such a fun class. Gotta wait til Friday now for the full game, can't wait.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's enough, we'll see.

My worry is that the game isn't even widely released and I've likely seen all there is to see. Other big loot shooters / faux MMOs have clear goals and aspirations (e.g. post launch raids and raid gear, PVP/PVPVE) or eventually got them (like The Division and it's added modes).

Once those goals were "met," most big loot shooter / faux MMO players slowed down or otherwise stopped and their play time became beholden to the planned content release schedule. But they at least had "new" activities lasting a week or so.

This lasted a weekend? Am I missing something here?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
This game desperately needs a stat page and every item modifier description needs to be rewritten and/or a very transparent way of showing how it does (or doesn't) boost your abilities.

These modifiers are so vague (and you have no way of knowing whether any of them actually stack or not). How could this pass through QA?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just finished the main quest with the trials. That was something. I almost give up at the first trial after a couple of deaths. Glad I didn't.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Some of the best exotics in Destiny can literally drop from random chests

And that's completely RNG and the drop rate on it is ridiculously low whereas in Anthem you can literally sit there and just turn up the difficulty to one that dramatically increases the drop chance for both MW and Legendary items and run around and open chests without ever having to kill anything and get rewarded with the best loot in the game. I just watched KingGothalion and his squad get like 8-10 MW items while running around opening chests in freeplay. This isn't remotely like Destiny. In Destiny, the best guns are normally linked to specific quests, raids, or nightfalls. Those are pinnacle activities. That isn't the case with Anthem at all.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
This game desperately needs a stat page and every item modifier description needs to be rewritten and/or a very transparent way of showing how it does (or doesn't) boost your abilities.

These modifiers are so vague (and you have no way of knowing whether any of them actually stack or not). How could this pass through QA?

just crazy that Bioware forgot to put a character stat sheet