• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I keep seeing this impression but I don't understand it. It's the same thing seen with the demos with "it's a 6 week old build".

There's no way that the day 1 patch makes an extremely fundamental difference. At best, the load times go from 2 minutes to 1 min 50 seconds with the patch.

This game has been in development for over 5 years. If fundamental issues with the game couldn't be fixed in years, they won't be fixed in days.

If nothing else, the Day 1 patch will fix the opening chests portion of the Tombs question which has been a pain point during early access and will fix the Xbox bug that prevents settings from being saved. Along with a host of other bugs and technical issues.

Load times will still suck.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Well i got some time to play yesterday on X1X. Framerate feels a lot better. I wonder what they changed. Loading screens... arghhh... still a big problem. I am enjoying the missions though but that end-of-mission-screen could use some work. Also, still too many obscure systems without good feedback. Overall I like the game because I like the play-loop and the look of the game. I hope the story line is good (I don't wanne read any spoilers), I don't expect anything amazing, but a bit of story that makes sense is already progress (compared to Destiny).

BTW game version is still at 1.1 (basically the same as the public demo). I expect 3 weeks of changes to roll out when the game releases. Right now, I didn't encounter bugs, but it could use quite a bit of QOL fixes.

I wonder what will happen when people join in a few months? How are they going to fill up the missions when most players are playing end-game?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having to get three crafting materials by killing three titans, it was pretty easy once I found out where a titan always spawns. Only about 30 minutes. The main time gate is that Tombs one, which is more like 3 hours.
I thought I got those through the main quest, maybe they were side quests.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
In the same way Andromeda was rushed in spite of spending 5 years in development. We know that the majority of it was developed in 18 months. I suspect a similar story is behind Anthem.
Seems like they spent the majority of their development time in the world building. It's one of the biggest open world I've ever seen (which feels small because you can fly through everything) with lots of details and verticality, as well as numerous caves for missions.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Those of you having issues with bugs should probably wait until the day 1 patch and then seeing how your experience is tbh.

To be honest, then they should not have released an early acces or patched it friday already. This is the moment a lot of people are going to try the trail and see if the game is something for them. Bioware should have been prepared, there where so many tests and beta's and still so many bugs and issues.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I've luckily haven't ran into a lot of bugs on PC, only a few so far. Also load times on a ssd are a lot better than my brothers on a HDD. It sucks seeing lots of people run into so many different problems though. I'm not saying the day one patch is going to fix all of those but not releasing that patch last Friday is a baffling decision. I only can ever play these games for like a month before I get burnt out so the month premier will be good for me and take me to the division 2. I'll most likely come back in like half a year when more content and fixes are in, like I do with destiny.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
With the comments on loadtimes I fear heavily for how this is gonna run on an original PS4... Without an SSD...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Seems like they spent the majority of their development time in the world building. It's one of the biggest open world I've ever seen (which feels small because you can fly through everything) with lots of details and verticality, as well as numerous caves for missions.

Yet somehow every contract they generate for you use same 6 spots from small corner of map for every single objective , over and over again.

Talk about not using what you got.

Also those glass walls (Anthem's black smoke walls from Destiny) are everywhere to block entry into caves etc.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Today I am jumping on the GM difficulty. Also going to try to make a few builds if I get the right gear. So much potential here.

To me this thread have lost its purpose. I am fine with complaints, but it is the same stuff on every page. Gets tiresome. So gonna unwatch and may come back later.

Nov 14, 2017
Feb 1, 2018
Europe
That depends on what you want out of these games. Anthem's combat system is much better than division..and D2 for that matter.

I love the Division, but indeed it is a different game. Slower, less "spectacular" and more tactical. I think both games can easily co-exist in your library. Sadly I only have time for one of them... and since I played Division 1 for 100s of hours, I will go with Anthem.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
That depends on what you want out of these games. Anthem's combat system is much better than division..and D2 for that matter.

Is it though? I've played the demo for Anthem and the combat was alright.

I remember division 1 had pretty good combat. My only issue was the bullet sponge enemies. Took several minutes to down a single enemy.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It certainly doesn't seem that way. The enemy AI in Anthem leaves much to be desired.

Which is also the case in division 2 from what we have seen in the beta.
But the use of skills and the verticality creates a super fun system where you can do some amazing things.
Anthems use of skills and combos is fantastic.

Jaw11

Oct 30, 2017
Coming in with tempered expectations. Hopefully Bioware will be with title for the long haul l.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I remember division 1 had pretty good combat. My only issue was the bullet sponge enemies. Took several minutes to down a single enemy.

Obviously if shooting is all you want then Division is better, but the you should really play Destiny instead.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

have you played Division 1 lately? it is not that bullet spongy anymore, you need to hit weak points on the armor, once it is gone they go down quick

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So just got origin basic, how do I download anthem? It's not in vault and when I search there are 2 results. Anthem and anthem trial but when I go in either it asks me to pay for the game?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Which is also the case in division 2 from what we have seen in the beta.
But the use of skills and the verticality creates a super fun system where you can do some amazing things.
Anthems use of skills and combos is fantastic.

The enemies in Anthem will at times just stand there and stare at you, or just stand there and fire.

In the Division even the low level rioters will charge, flank, etc.

The skills in Anthem are obviously more satisfying than throwing out a little machine gun turret or a grenade.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know bit the Scars for sure move arround alot more then the demo. They even jump on crazy high rocks now.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The enemies in Anthem will at times just stand there and stare at you, or just stand there and fire.

In the Division even the low level rioters will charge, flank, etc.

The skills in Anthem are obviously more satisfying than throwing out a little machine gun turret or a grenade.

Obviously? There are plenty of games with magic skills that use them poorly.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
To me this thread have lost its purpose. I am fine with complaints, but it is the same stuff on every page. Gets tiresome. So gonna unwatch and may come back later.

Same here. I understand there are some issues with the game but i can still see myself playing this game for a good 60-100 hours. Nothing like Destiny or Division but i am going to get a good amount of play out of it and i will enjoy it :)

Sure many of the criticisms of the bugs and at the game are warranted and i too want change but there is a fantastic game under that and i am confident i will enjoy my time with the game now and into the future.

Sometimes i feel some people see that a game is divisive or a bit of negativity surrounds it and everyone just piles on needlessly at times.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Ok i finished the story with level 25 and a gearscore of 300. The grind opens up after the story ahm like a lot. Not that its a bad thing, its just a looter shooter. I have a few side missions left to do but ran all strongholds, the first on hard. So a lot things left to do. Not bad a game for 15 euros. After the month of premier ive seen probably enough to move to other games.

Artorias

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uh, this is simply not true. The Division has better A.I for one, and If you really think they're comparable, you're being incredibly disingenuous. Enemies in Division flank, push, try to split your team up with grenades. The endgame enemies are also a lot more difficult.

Anthem does not have a better combat system, it has a more unique traversal system. The actual combat itself? Ha.