• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Enjoying the endgame so far. I have this loaded on a SSD and backfilling groups for missions and strongholds back to back is going pretty quick. Haven't hit cap yet but starting to get decent Javalin components.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
So the grind mission part with the tombs? Really not that bad. I ignored them and went on doing story missions and a stronghold and a bit of free roam and I've got most of it done already and it didn't feel grindy at all. It definitely looks daunting but it doesn't seem that bad. And yeah all mine started at 0.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the endgame so far. I have this loaded on a SSD and backfilling groups for missions and strongholds back to back is going pretty quick. Haven't hit cap yet but starting to get decent Javalin components.
This is good to hear.

The minute to minute is what I care about most in this game... along with the loot hunt. I really hope I find it compelling, as Detiny and Waframe really don't do it for me atm.

So the grind mission part with the tombs? Really not that bad. I ignored them and went on doing story missions and a stronghold and a bit of free roam and I've got most of it done already and it didn't feel grindy at all. It definitely looks daunting but it doesn't seem that bad. And yeah all mine started at 0.
The design of the quest was mind-numbing, and was rightly criticized, but the extend of the "grind" was massively overblown.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I don't get the sentiment that Game's have to be judged for what they are at launch. If that's a rule, than reviews for these type of evolving games serve no purpose. I can tell you right now, if you plan to consume this game as a single player experience and complain about having to play the game too much to advance the story, this wont be the game for you.
Maybe players should only have to pay a percentage of full price until a certain amount of fixes are done etc? I'm kidding but of course games are judged as they are at launch.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Should change the tomb quest to do a side missions for each of the 3 factions and maybe 1 strong hold run for the last one. Prob take longer then the normal grind for them but at least easier to follow.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

And for me it worked as intended, and I was pretty much done in an hour. Had fun wandering the world showing my friends where each of the tombs are.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
It will sell well. Players might start dropping off quick, though, if they don't support it fast enough.

Based on what, though? Momentum is really taking a hit and it has only been early access for a couple of days. Demos were pretty weak. Reviews might be tepid. Heavy marketing doesn't guarantee sales by any means.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I don't agree that the game should reviewed differently because of GaaS. I just don't think the reviews will be as bad as people think.
After Crackdown 3, I can't trust all reviews.
When does this trigger? I am level 8 thus far.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Again I say, then point me to a game which has good and complicated raids in a matchmaking mode. Wow raids are garbage with match making. Which game has done it?

I just told you all I've experienced are Destiny raids. I don't think those would suffer if matchmaking was optional particularly if they just say "hey, you should coordinate and here's how."

You're being needlessly obtuse regarding this, tbh.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I haven't seen it yet but when I saw the thumb I thought "uh oh". Saw him streaming with datto the 1st day and they were having a good time. Though they were doing things they've previously done like a dozen times.

Datto doesn't like it much either, he won't be straight up saying that on stream cause his chat is extremely sensitive to any negative comment about games.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what, though? Momentum is really taking a hit and it has only been early access for a couple of days. Demos were pretty weak. Reviews might be tepid. Heavy marketing doesn't guarantee sales by any means.
How strong the core game is, what most people I've met have said outside of internet forums, how these things usually go, etc...

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Had the camera be detached and behind my characters head for an entire cutscene. It was pretty good. Oh also the sound bug had occurred so it all played out in total silence.

30P1uxe.jpg

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Datto doesn't like it much either, he won't be straight up saying that on stream cause his chat is extremely sensitive to any negative comment about games.

It is absolutely perplexing that BW is treating Day 1 as Feb. 22 and not Feb. 15. That is, unless it's being treated as a pseudo-beta, and in that case, I think it's pretty shitty.

I wrapped the story. It was OK, but it became a bit laborious in the last few missions. Mission design is unexceptional and uninspired.

I can wait to learn the story behind the development of this game, hopefully some journalist gets on it

jschreier any idea what the hell happened?!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any cosmetic sets purchasable for Storm and Interceptor in the forge or is the limited amount of stuff in the cash shop all there is for purchase?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make perfect sense.

Some games are single player games that release with all the main content at once, others are GaaS games that release with content over time.

£60 for the former nets you content you can experience at launch.

£60 for the latter nets you all the content they will release over time.

And we all knew what type of game this was going in.

Remember, this is not like Destiny where you have to pay for all the new content, all story DLC will be free with Anthem.

My reaction was to the idea that people are finishing the campaign in X time which would mean more for the former, but for the latter it means less as you will be getting x more time for the money you paid.

You review the box on the shelf, not the potential for the future.

Are we getting reviews on Monday? The game is an absolute mess regarding performance issues involving Loading & performance drops in combat on consoles.

Base Xbox One is a joke.

Depends. I'll be done tonight, but I want to mess around with endgame for some time.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
I've not run into many technical issues at all on PC, it's playing very smoothly for me for the most part.

What is rough about it for you exactly?

Running into a bunch of bugs, like losing audio during free play , assets not loading in correctly, getting stuck in geometry. Performance is all over the place, with frequent dips during combat (i5 7th Gen/GTX 1080) despite lowering resolution scale.
Besides these hiccups, the over all package seems really technically unpolished from the frequent and lengthy load times, clunky menus, unhelpful UI, rubber banding, bizarre match making, pop-in, etc.
There is a fun innovative mech combat game buried under all these issues but I'm just having a hard time finding it.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
How strong the core game is, what most people I've met have said outside of internet forums, how these things usually go, etc...
I dunno, I guess we'll see. IMO, Titanfall 2 was incredibly good and it bombed due to other factors. Right now the negative friction is really starting to pile up for Anthem.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Not to bring on more negativity but I finally caved and cancelled my preorder tonight. There's just too much writing on the wall with all the impressions I've been seeing. I'm still hopeful they can salvage it though, sooner or later.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Running into a bunch of bugs, like losing audio during free play , assets not loading in correctly, getting stuck in geometry. Performance is all over the place, with frequent dips during combat (i5 7th Gen/GTX 1080) despite lowering resolution scale.
Besides these hiccups, the over all package seems really technically unpolished from the frequent and lengthy load times, clunky menus, unhelpful UI, rubber banding, bizarre match making, pop-in, etc.
There is a fun innovative mech combat game buried under all these issues but I'm just having a hard time finding it.

I'm sorry, that sounds pretty horrible. And if anyone's experiencing this I wouldn't blame them at all for having a negative opinion of the game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I guess we'll see. IMO, Titanfall 2 was incredibly good and it bombed due to other factors. Right now the negative friction is really starting to pile up for Anthem.
TF2 wasn't a loot shooter.

Destiny 1 had a very similar feeling at launch, same issues, same complaints, and it sold very well.

Indeed. Didn't want that to come across as brusque or anything, mostly just using the quote to point out where we were in the conversation.
Ah, then fair enough, and I fully agree with you.

in its current state the game doesn't deserve higher scores, that's for sure.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Last Friday wasn't Day 1. It's early access. Lots of stuff get planned a long time in advance, when they put out patches things need to go through certification, so they would have had to have the patch done even sooner, and maybe less stuff would go in it.

It's dumb, because no matter how much you call something early access, and incomplete, when people can buy it they think its done. Early Access games on Steam have this problem all the time.

with early access you pay less money for the game. here you have to pay MORE ie $15 for a month of premier

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
You keep saying that but I'm not so sure at this point...

Game will sold well (below EA expectation but hopefully well enough that EA doesn't kill the game or Bioware). Forsaken is already 5.5 months old and The Division 2 isn't out until March, I expect many co-op looter-shooter players to flock to Anthem (maybe not an apt comparison but when MHWorld came, most Destiny channel I followed plays MHWorld including Datto and Byf lol). Player number will drop off quickly however.

Months later, the game will have it's Taken King/Forsaken/Division 1.8 moment and people will praise it and say how it should have been Anthem on launch.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Game will sold well (below EA expectation but hopefully well enough that EA doesn't kill the game or Bioware). Forsaken is already 5.5 months old and The Division 2 is out 1 month later , I expect many co-op looter-shooter players to flock to Anthem (maybe not an apt comparison but when MHWorld came, most Destiny channel I followed plays MHWorld including Datto and Byf lol). But player number will drop off quickly, with only the hardcore left.

Months later, the game will have it's Taken King/Forsaken/Division 1.8 moment and people will praise it and say how this should have been Anthem on launch.

This is pretty much the rule these games follow, for better or worse.

One day a dev will pull an Apex Legends and release a GasS loot shooter (minus the surprise ofc) in a really high quality state and surprise us all.

I've not been following the Division 2, does it look like it could do this at all?

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
TF2 wasn't a loot shooter.

Destiny 1 had a very similar feeling at launch, same issues, same complaints, and it sold very well.

Yes but it had much more marketing behind it (I know both budget amounts), and was the first of its kind in a new genre. I also think the main beef for D2 was a lack of content, whereas Anthem seems to have more systemic issues. Agree to disagree - like I said, eventually we'll know how it turned out.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Game will sold well (below EA expectation but hopefully well enough that EA doesn't kill the game or Bioware). Forsaken is already 5.5 months old and The Division 2 is out 1 month later , I expect many co-op looter-shooter players to flock to Anthem (maybe not an apt comparison but when MHWorld came, most Destiny channel I followed plays MHWorld including Datto and Byf lol). But player number will drop off quickly, with only the hardcore left.

Months later, the game will have it's Taken King/Forsaken/Division 1.8 moment and people will praise it and say how this should have been Anthem on launch.

Well on the plus side perhaps it means we get an A team mass effect game.

Forcing bioware to use frostbite has been a disaster.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Any chance they're adding a waypoint to the map? I don't know why they think you'd want to try everything manually in freeplay.

Skagulis

Oct 27, 2017
So is the vanity store gonna be expanded on launch day or is it really just those few items every 10 days?

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I disagree. there's enough here for me for day one, for a few weeks maybe a month or so. The problems for me are features lacking, mostly.
Not for me. I've got plenty of these kinds of games to keep me busy until this game gets more content and bug fixes etc. Just picked up Forsaken for Destiny 2, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield V on PSN really cheap. This will probably be really cheap six months to a year from now.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty much the rule these games follow, for better or worse.

One day a dev will pull an Apex Legends and release a GasS loot shooter in a really high quality state and surprise us all.

I've not been following the Division 2, does it look like it could do this at all?

Looks like it, playing Division 1 right now (still levelling) and just like Ubi Single Player games, the game is really well made.

Too bad I'm not a fan the cover-based combat or the setting :(

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
I am getting a lot of flashbacks with andromeda here. ultimately I liked andromeda though it wasnt a patch on the prior mass effects, combat in particular was awesome since you get to combine classes which wasnt possible in prior trilogy. but early access had the face is tired meme and it was mocked and laughed at before it even launched

similarly it seems that some impressions of the game itself are positive for those willing to put up with these flaws (eg loading time) and I get the impression I will like the core gameplay, but like the andromeda situation, the game will get mocked and laughed at by the masses and end up hurting it greatly at launch. and to be honest after reading the insane amount of loading steps just to change a gun, they have themselves to blame for not waiting until such things were smoothed out (by themselves I dont necessarily blame bioware, ea calls the shots)