• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
That's three times now that I've tried to do the Princess Zhim mission only for the game to give me the 95% load bug and crash after the cutscene.

What the fuck.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
No, it's worse. Depsite being so polarizing, at least ME3 had an ending.
After you defeat the main antagonist, they basically joke about the job being finished and how you only signed up for one when it's mentioned you have more work to do. Chuckles by everyone. That's it.

But if you're expecting a live service game that has a story for many expansions to have an "ending", well, you're playing the wrong game tbh.

Diablo 3's story didn't finish with the vanilla release. Destiny's story didn't finish the vanilla. Add any multiplayer online GaaS loot game here and their stories don't end.

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
The game has released on the 15th. That's the facts. Making people wait 7 days is a decision by EA to get Premier subscriptions. Nothing more, nothing less.

The game should be fully judged by what it is now and not by what it could be. I can tell you one thing though, come 22nd of February not much will change. There's no way they can fix the insane amount of loading screens and boring quest design this fast. There's areas of major rework needed.

The game is not available in storefronts, physical or digital, until Feb 22nd. I would actually agree with you, that it's unlikely we'll see a monumental change to the state of the game come Feb 22nd, but we'll see what the Day 1 patch drops at that time.

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
So I'm really supposed to hope to be able to revive 3 people some where to continue the fucking main quest line? I didn't like the demo much at all but decided to give it a shot for only 15 bucks. At worst I could play something else on the service. I was so hyped for this game but it's the most boring shit ever with the longest loads I've ever experienced on PC. The loot is so generic and boring I don't see why anyone cares about it and as far as I can tell you can only customize looks through the armor you can purchase which is super lame. Loot games are supposed to be about looking cool and showing other people the cool stuff you found not bought.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The game is not available in storefronts, physical or digital, until Feb 22nd. I would actually agree with you, that it's unlikely we'll see a monumental change to the state of the game come Feb 22nd, but we'll see what the Day 1 patch drops at that time.
Is there also a review embargo until the 22 ?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IBOzb2p.jpg

Even the affixes are broken, or Im not understanding something with +- Shield Refresh?

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
This isn't intended as ending, they have already said that it's not even the end of the first act

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What worries me the most about the future of Anthem is people denying criticism of the game when its clearly in a rushed and unfinished state. That will make things harder for the devs to see the issues and things will only start to happen when the player base dwindles, at that point EA can just tell BW to cut and run and release minor updates with a skeleton crew. Yeah, Destiny, Division, these games had rough launches, but the studios behind them were in for the long haul, they had no choice but to fix their game.

Andromeda was a game meant to exist for a long time, with mtx for multiplayer, planned expansions, all the same talk we hear about Anthem. But six months down the line the game was dead and buried and EA cut all ties.

People need to list all the major problems the game has now, from game design to technical issues, to progression, endgame and such and blast the horn at Bioware in a relentless way. They will not have time for a "Taken King" moment a year and a half down the line.
But im having fun!

/s

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So far the most annoying thing is the Audio Bug

Currently i gave up on restarting the game all the time and just started to listen to music or streams on the side.

But im happy Origin Premier exists.
Its definitely worth the 15€ even if im likely to drop it before the official release lol

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
- people are putting a lot of weight on the Feb 22 patch...hope it delivers
- putting aside tech issues, IMO one of the biggest issues the game is facing is the loot system. I don't think it's very fun tbh, and that could be a big problem for player retention.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
- people are putting a lot of weight on the Feb 22 patch...hope it delivers
- putting aside tech issues, IMO one of the biggest issues the game is facing is the loot system. I don't think it's very fun tbh, and that could be a big problem for player retention.

What's wrong with the loot system? So far it seems similar to Diablo 3, especially the special bonuses.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Umm what. No one tells you you can't enjoy the game.
I assume this thread is a "dumpster" because you dislike reading that others don't enjoy it?
There's good cause for a lot of people to actively dislike this game in the state it's in. But reading through, it's much more likely just the one or two who come in and simply have to post effectively "lol Anthem" three times a page. It's transparent as fuck - the game they are playing this weekend is not Anthem, it's the wild ride of making fun of it and being one of the gang on the hate train. People such as yourself make posts that are informed and of value, but there's a few in here compelled to share their every "lolol this game is so shit" thought every five minutes.

tl;dr This game is more fun if you play it slow and take part in the entire gameplay loop; also play with people you know.

Absolutely 100% spot-on. Shame it's a shared-world game in some ways, but the fact that you can only ever be in the world with a maximum of 3 others kinda makes me think it'd be a better game if the social side was opt in rather than the default match making. I might have met some great people over the years playing stuff like Destiny, but for every one of them, there's a dozen fucking muppets who make these games a lesser experience by gracing them with their presence, whether that be because of their purposeful and active stupidity or just utter ineptness.

Man their implementation of the social area seems so awful going from various impressions I'm reading. Just comparing it to Monster Hunter World whose multiplayer implementations were far from perfect make it obvious how poorly implemented it is. How they couldn't mirror MHW's implementation of the social area within the story hub along with the idea of having a server for your group/friends/party so you don't have to reconnect every single time to head out on a mission is beyond me. Couple all this with the horribly unintuitive menu/UI design and it all just seems thrown together haphazardly. How the hell does this happen?
When you play the game you'll see Tarsis and its inhabitants evolve over time, there are multiple states that makes certain things inconsistent depending on how far through the story you are. It has to be separate and as it was thrown in very last minute as a "fan request" (read, opportunity to show off your dressing up skills with gear you've purchased with coin and shards). The game is totally not ready to be out in the wild, but as already mentioned many times, EA very likely wanted this one out and bringing in coin before the end of the financial year. Dumb as fuck decision, but makes to some bean counter suit fuck somewhere happy I'm sure.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm struggling really hard to find a reason to not just play Destiny (or PoE) instead.

Sure, it's fun. But there's just so much awful shit you have to deal with to have that fun. I'm also not convinced there's going to be any real build diversity, and I suspect GM modes won't feel different from what I'm playing now. I expected some D3/PoE levels of gamplay evolution as I got better gear, but so far I'm just doing the same stuff against tougher enemies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Can I find blue/yellow/orange lvl 5 items or is this one of those games where lvl 1-10 = white and green / 10-15 = white green and blue and so on?
It's exactly that. The higher level you are the more rares drop. They took from the Destiny book of "rarity". I'm around level 18 and all my loot is blue.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think it is hyperbolic at this point to say that the day one patch will make or break this game for a lot of people.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Just started Freelancer Down - looks like I'm def gonna finish the game today :x I budgeted like 3 weeks of time to finish it lol
From the cadence of your posts it seems like you've been doing very little other than play this game and sleep. How did you imagine the campaign would last 3 weeks going at it like that? Can only think of maybe one even semi-recent game that would.
Metascore predictions? I'm going with 68. I think it deserves lower but we'll see.
Make a thread, there's enough crap "RIP bioware" and general EA hatred to wade through without more unneeded nonsense.

Sigh. Okay. Time to leave yet another OT thread.
Fucking great. Don't blame you tbh, elenarie. At least you rose above it for a time and gave us some posts worth reading.

Shame on you, shitheadERA. Can't believe I'm even thinking it, but damn, even GAF had more effective management of shitposts and showed more respect to valued posters than we see here at times. Sad as fuck to say.

You know what? Bioware deserves all the hate it will get on the internet after this game. They had 6 fucking years. Time to accept that Bioware is not a great studio anymore. EA is the WORST publisher this gen by far. They dont deserve respawn

You know what, no they don't. They're just people doing their jobs, and in typical BioWare fashion, they're trying to do some things that make their own jobs harder but with good intent. Nobody at BioWare set out to launch this epic game in the state it's currently in. The only saving grace is that it's a service game and it has the potential to improve, even rapidly and massively, and still be a success. Please don't get dragged along with the haters, you're better than that fella.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Played for around 6 hours and I'm going to hold off for a couple of months and see what kind of support and improvements it may receive. Just submitted the pre-order refund request through Microsoft's website and got a confirmation email (good on Microsoft - was wondering if it would go forward as I already had a couple of achievements and time played).

I didn't actively dislike everything I played - some of the Storm abilities are fun to mess around with and combine, but there's too many quality of life issues with loading screens, the main hub, and ineffectual zone maps. If I can get it for 20-30 bucks later on when I'm not playing many other games, I'll probably revisit and continue my character. Until then though, I could easily see myself getting tired of the content I've seen so far and it was hard to justify the price given that. Look forward to continuing to follow the game though and see how it evolves. Glad some folks are really enjoying it!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Maybe someone here knows, but if I cancel my EA access sub, will my save data be safe for as long as I still have my (unpaid) account? Like if I want to get back into the game in a year will I be fine?

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming you do all the story missions and side quests, do you only get to level 20ish? Seems weird to have to grind for 10 levels but then also continue to grind to replace the gear you got from level 21-29. I have no problems trying to min/max at level 30 but the pacing just seems off.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
From the cadence of your posts it seems like you've been doing very little other than play this game and sleep. How did you imagine the campaign would last 3 weeks going at it like that? Can only think of maybe one even semi-recent game that would.

Make a thread, there's enough crap "RIP bioware" and general EA hatred to wade through without more unneeded nonsense.

Fucking great. Don't blame you tbh, elenarie. At least you rose above it for a time and gave us some posts worth reading.

Shame on you, shitheadERA. Can't believe I'm even thinking it, but damn, even GAF had more effective management of shitposts and showed more respect to valued posters than we see here at times. Sad as fuck to say.

You know what, no they don't. They're just people doing their jobs, and in typical BioWare fashion, they're trying to do some things that make their own jobs harder but with good intent. Nobody at BioWare set out to launch this epic game in the state it's currently in. The only saving grace is that it's a service game and it has the potential to improve, even rapidly and massively, and still be a success. Please don't get dragged along with the haters, you're better than that fella.

I totally agree people shouldn't shit all over Bioware but this game should still be critiqued. This topic isn't going to filled with love for the game because it's unfortunately highly disappointing.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still looking forward to this game. I know it has issues, but I like the theme, model, and gameplay impressions enough to give it a try.

Plus, I don't want to live in a world where I don't give BioWare a chance.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I totally agree people shouldn't shit all over Bioware but this game should still be critiqued. This topic isn't going to filled with love for the game because it's unfortunately highly disappointing.
I've been critiquing the shit out of the game and its many problems. There's a way to go about it that's not internet fanboi troll level shitposting though, and that should be something we expect of fellow posters.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Games probably going to get ripped a new one when the reviews roll in. There's many issues with the game and many improvements to be made. I probably wouldn't want to be BioWare right now. Which is a shame when your launch what should be an exciting new product. Looking forward to getting in to it still but I just hope the support and improvements and fast and worthwhile if the game ends up a huge disappointment.