• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
The loading screens are driving me insane, especially when am restarting the game to test different graphical options.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the tombs "grind" was non-existent. I was able to open the first three instantly, and the fourth I just needed to run two more world events for chests.

I was expecting something crazy, like a Destiny grind.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I keep trying to do the stronghold, the mine one from the demo, but every single time I join it puts me halfway through the mission, stuck in an area that I cannot leave. Cannot go forward and cannot backtrack to where I believe the rest of the party is. Broken AF.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
my tombs took an hour, hard part was the chests but I guess I was lucky finding random chests about?

Edit: When my quest started for the tombs, 2 of them were already close to being done, note I was doing a lot of freeplay too, maybe why mine was quick when I got the quest

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So the tombs "grind" was non-existent. I was able to open the first three instantly, and the fourth I just needed to run two more world events for chests.

I was expecting something crazy, like a Destiny grind.
So the peeps in here were exaggerating?
Nah, for some of us, there was some obvious bug where we started from scratch. The stuff is supposed to retroactive, but it wasn't.

---

There's a lot of obvious craft in Anthem, marred by some odd design decisions.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I keep trying to do the stronghold, the mine one from the demo, but every single time I join it puts me halfway through the mission, stuck in an area that I cannot leave. Cannot go forward and cannot backtrack to where I believe the rest of the party is. Broken AF.

this was also in the demo, they could have learned from Destiny, and just spawn the new player beside the existing players

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Man the difficulty difference between beta hard and retail hard is a nice jump. Took about twice as long to clear the first stronghold in the retail game. Also didn't help that I had a squad that was going down every other minute outside of myself even though I was level 10 and there were 14, 17, and 22.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Nah, for some of us, there was some obvious bug where we started from scratch. The stuff is supposed to retroactive, but it wasn't.

---

There's a lot of obvious craft in Anthem, marred by some odd design decisions.

Retroactive? I think it was for nobody, but when you accept the mission all what you do counts for completing the tombs

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Same here, all i had to *grind* was 5 chests everything else ive done on the fly making other stuff. Add a friend revive him three time, let him/her revive you three times and done

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Question. Does loot stay with you if your game exits in the middle of Freeplay/Missions or is it gone?

My EA access trial ran out on me mid mission and I had a good amount of loot :/

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Retroactive? I think it was for nobody, but when you accept the mission all what you do counts for completing the tombs
For some it was, and I believe that's the intended effect.

What's retroactive credit?

Basically, when you get the trials, it's supposed to count all the things that you did before you actually received the quest. So if you did 20 missions before you received the quest, it should say 20 out of 30 completed. For some, it's starting at zero.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Question. Does loot stay with you if your game exits in the middle of Freeplay/Missions or is it gone?

My EA access trial ran out on me mid mission and I had a good amount of loot :/

it looks like you will get it after a successful mission completion

they should have an NPC like the postmaster from Destiny so people won't panic

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question, how do I lock the game to be solo only, I hear other people can join your squad/game and I don't want that.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
What's retroactive credit?
Like, one of the trials asks you to complete 5 world events. Let's say I did 5 world events before getting to the tomb section, that trial should already be complete when I find the tomb. It sounds like for some reason, they weren't counting, and people are having to satisfy those conditions from scratch, which is very time consuming.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
He did praise Apex despite his EA hatred, something in your narrative doesn't check out.

"Narritive" god this website I'm not forming a narrative I'm just saying what I see. I've been following him since before he did reviews. Go look at his channel and go look at the top watched videos and you will see what I mean if his Twitter isn't enough.

Apex is a great non controversial game that gamers love. Even people that don't like EA and origin are playing it kinda hard to be negative.

This game people will get more hits if they dislike or hate it to the extreme. I'm not saying his issues with the game are not real I'm sure they are but it's not in his best interest to like the game he overlooked a lot of issues with division for example because he enjoyed it.

For me personally I lived and loved Destiny 1 dispite its low 60s scores and it's massive grinds and issues for that first year and then even D2 with its stuff. So I can live and put up with a lot if I enjoy what a game is trying to do or if I enjoy the combat or lore.

This thread is showing I won't be welcome to enjoy this game here though which is a shame.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I haven't posted at all in this thread, because I've been busy playing the game, but me and my friends are having a great time with it. I don't know what to say. The game is great. Having a blast with it. For the record, I just hit the tombs section.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
It has a terrible grind in the middle of the story that can only be described as "padding because this game would last 6 hours if this wasn't here"

Ignorant people often say the same about Destiny. Games like this are more than the story you play at launch. I'm not up to end game so I can not speak to it but it's not like the game is suppose to be over once the story is done.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
"Narritive" god this website I'm not forming a narrative I'm just saying what I see. I've been following him since before he did reviews. Go look at his channel and go look at the top watched videos and you will see what I mean if his Twitter isn't enough.

Apex is a great non controversial game that gamers love. Even people that don't like EA and origin are playing it kinda hard to be negative.

This game people will get more hits if they dislike or hate it to the extreme. I'm not saying his issues with the game are not real I'm sure they are but it's not in his best interest to like the game he overlooked a lot of issues with division for example because he enjoyed it.

For me personally I lived and loved Destiny 1 dispite its low 60s scores and it's massive grinds and issues for that first year and then even D2 with its stuff. So I can live and put up with a lot if I enjoy what a game is trying to do or if I enjoy the combat or lore.

This thread is showing I won't be welcome to enjoy this game here though which is a shame.

I don't really think we're at the point where there are divisive features in Anthem that you can overlook. Spending almost half the time on a loading screen is not something anyone can reasonably claim to enjoy.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't really think we're at the point where there are divisive features in Anthem that you can overlook. Spending almost half the time on a loading screen is not something anyone can reasonably claim to enjoy.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but have you tried moving the game to an SSD? It makes a huge difference.

I can clock my load times, but they're not bad on an SSD.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is living proof to not even pay attention to the first 50 or so pages of an OT.

That's the honeymoon phase.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

Sure I can get that but like subjective opinions and all.

I haven't played on my PC yet as I'm still building it but on console I put the game on my external SSD and it honestly doesn't feel much different to Destiny loading.

I will say objectively Destiny hides it better in the presentation though.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but have you tried moving the game to an SSD? It makes a huge difference.

Yes, and streamers timed the loading times on SSDs, it's still terrible.
Some loading screens are fast and just annoying (like the Forge one), but some can take two or more minutes even on SSDs. That's simply crazy. Plus the amounts of them, you often hit 6+ loading screens between the beginning and the end of a single short mission - loading into the mission, loading because the game teleports you to the group, loading into a cave, loading out of the cave, loading the end mission screen, loading forge, loading Tarsis...

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Yes, and streamers timed the loading times on SSDs, it's still terrible.
Some loading screens are fast and just annoying (like the Forge one), but some can take two or more minutes even on SSDs. That's simply crazy. Plus the amounts of them, you often hit 6+ loading screens between the beginning and the end of a single short mission - loading into the mission, loading because the game teleports you to the group, loading into a cave, loading out of the cave, loading the end mission screen, loading forge, loading Tarsis...
Huh, that's super weird. My load time is like, 20-30 seconds tops. Same with my friends. I noticed it was considerably better than it was in the demo.

A buddy of mine was having horrific load times on HDD, and he switched it to SSD and the difference was night and day.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Ignorant people often say the same about Destiny. Games like this are more than the story you play at launch. I'm not up to end game so I can not speak to it but it's not like the game is suppose to be over once the story is done.
Sure, but most people has finished the story with level 15-18.

It doesn't take that much to see that in this thread, Twitter, reviewers, Reddit, etc. hitting level 30 for the endgame is "nope" situation, specially after the story grind (which highlights even more the terrible loading screens and the stale mission variety).