• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If I come to this game as someone who has been looking for a co-op shooter to fill the void in my heart left by Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, which I loved, will Anthem do anything for me?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
They showed the new UI once you get into your javelin in the last stream. Looks like that is also coming on the 22nd

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
The trials really are just a measure of if you will like the game or not. Throws all the things in the game as a requirement. It's a window into what the endgame will be like.

PC Performance could def be better. It's still more then playable on my rig.

Intel I5 6600k OCed to 4.3
GTX 1080
16gb ram

I'm not sure how the story could be worst then D1 Vanilla story. The characters are actually fleshed out and there is actually established lore pieces that i can follow along with.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Do any of the missions consist of anything other than gunning down cannon fodder as they spawn out of the gate things? Are there proper bosses?

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
The final cinematic was quite an experience:

atdRLXy.jpg

After this I received the standard end game screen, followed by
credits and then some post game exposition. This sequence had no sound playing. At the end of it all, the game still ran, but I couldn't control anything and had to force quit.

A bit of a downer to say the least.

Some scattered thoughts:

I've loved my time suited up as a Colossus. I spend most of my time demolishing enemies with my shield and it's glorious.
A pro tip is to not shield bash, but shield charge(sprint with shield deployed). You can also shield charge while flying, and if you can get a handle on that combo, you can mop up trash all over the area in no time.

My biggest gripe with the game is the brutal downtime of the hub area and frequent/long loading(on a 960evo nvme drive!). The pacing of main path missions is horrible with instance and cutscene loading. I can't remember the last time a game handled this so poorly.

If you're interested in hearing what people have to say it's a huge slog to wade around Fort Tarsis. I must have spent at least 1/3 of my time with Anthem in loading screens and walking around Fort Tarsis.

If they can't improve this, they might end up with a lot of game put-downs that could have been prevented.

My rig:
5L96M4q.png

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Cant you do a full reset on your character. I know i can on the pilot. But want a full fresh start.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
What is the Tomb mission people keep referring to?

About 6 hours into the game, you cease to get missions and instead get a quest to open 4 tombs which each have fetch quest requirements to open. Grinds the story to a halt for about 2-3 hours while you have to do free play with no real explanation for why it is important to open these tombs.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
The mission structure of this game is horrible. Even small contracts have an expedition victory screen and force you back to Tarsis? Everything about the Tarsis hub is not fun, the funneling of players there constantly is just such a slog.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's just a mission that takes an hour or 2 to finish, really easy tasks, in freeplay mostly. it was quite seamless for me. I don't get the hate.

I'm not up to it yet, but looking at this thread, I probably already have 80-90% of the requirements done. I don't understand the outrage. Are people just rushing through story missions on easy?

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
My god this game has so many design and technical issues.
I didn't run into so many bugs for a long time in the first hour of a game.

And I think this could be a really cool game, but there are a lot of things holding it back.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
About 6 hours into the game, you cease to get missions and instead get a quest to open 4 tombs which each have fetch quest requirements to open. Grinds the story to a halt for about 2-3 hours while you have to do free play with no real explanation for why it is important to open these tombs.
You still get missions. There are contract missions from the 3 factions you can still do--this is just the main story progression.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Absolutely love how your previous works such as repairing Javelins in missions doesn't count towards this tomb shit. Bravo Bioware.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys also have problem with enemy models loading too late? Like, the fight starts and people in my group are shooting at something and I can't see any enemy for ~10 seconds.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
I definitely don't get all the "this game is a mess posts" I've been having a blast and the only issue have run into so far is the insane cpu requirements. I dunno what is using so many cpu resource but the game dame sure looks beautiful so it's doing something.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
So... how do you get more cosmetic armor pieces? Is it really just through their store? I've played like 5 hours and haven't seen a single new cosmetic item.

Color customization is great, but armor wise everyone looks the same.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

That must be rushing it because I'm 8 hours in and haven't encountered it yet. There still seems like other missions to do.

It's just a mission that takes an hour or 2 to finish, really easy tasks, in freeplay mostly. it was quite seamless for me. I don't get the hate. If anything, it teaches you a few things.

If it's just a mission to get someone to try free play I don't get the hate. But I guess I'll see for myself sometime soon.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question - how do you get a multi kill? I've tossed out countless grenaded and used my ult many times and somehow have never gotten one.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing customization options when there is not a single way do change how your javelin looks except materials and colors.

On the expedition clear screen, everyone wearing the same piece of armor. There isnt a single way to get drops for armor, not with enemies, not with contracts, missions, etc. This game has nothing to look for when you finish it.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Dumb question - how do you get a multi kill? I've tossed out countless grenaded and used my ult many times and somehow have never gotten one.

You have to kill a decent sized group. I'm not sure how many it is exactly but I think it's at least 5 kills or higher at once.

Amazing customization options when there is not a single way do change how your javelin looks except materials and colors.

On the expedition clear screen, everyone wearing the same piece of armor. There isnt a single way to get drops for armor, not with enemies, not with contracts, missions, etc. This game has nothing to look for when you finish it.

I think it's tied to the faction levels?