• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Early Access continues to not work for me on XB1. I reinstalled, tried launching through EA Access, tried installing through the play trial option etc but it just does not work. Back to Apex I guess.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm on the opposite side of half the thread here, I played the beta and didn't love it but after about 3 hours with the full game I feel as if it's a totally different game.

It's almost as if what they presented in the demo was a very very unfinished version or they just went in right away and addressed some issues I'm on PC with no connection issues minior performance issues but overall having fun.

As for the grinding on the quests, I'm not really bothered by it. If anyone has played WoW the quests are pretty much the same at times and I'd rather that then the shallow experience Destiny presented mostly thru the first game up until taken king and some of the second, but we'll see maybe my option will change towards the end.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got Ice Storm and Fire Bolt for my Storm. Now i feel bad for my brother whose an intercepter as i decimate everyone before he can even get to them.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Oh god. Doing the first dungeon/raid thingy and I got disconnected. When I finally logged back in and started the game it joined me back into the same group but now I'm stuck behind a door while their doing the mission. I'm at the door to the caves where you fight the big spider dude. FUUUUUUUCK

This happened even before the demo's..... :(

Abdozer

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked already guys, but is this viable solo with randoms? I don't really have anyone to play with lol

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised how much I'm not a fan of the Storm. His flowy movement doesn't do anything for me, and most of his E abilities are lackluster. I like the weight of the Collosus and Ranger. Think I'll try one of them at Level 8.

Sorry if this has been asked already guys, but is this viable solo with randoms? I don't really have anyone to play with lol
Yes. Probably not when you start doing Grandmaster difficulties where you need good teamwork and communication. But there is matchmaking, so all things are possible.

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So is the tomb quest the only "grind" in the campaign? From reading impressions, it seems so.
There's a mission later on that requires you to kill 3 titans or escari to obtain certain materials. Certain story sidequests will pit you against titans and escari, but if you've already completed them previously, you're stuck grinding world events and hoping you get one where you have to fight a titan. Not as bad, but still potentially annoying.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the issues that people have with the tomb quest. The majority of the challenges you can do in other missions and there are only a few that have to be done in freeplay. In an age where most mission objectives in games like these are pretty bare bones and simple, I enjoy the change. Meh opinions and all.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
There's a mission later on that requires you to kill 3 titans or escari to obtain certain materials. Certain story sidequests will pit you against titans and escari, but if you've already completed them previously, you're stuck grinding world events and hoping you get one where you have to fight a titan. Not as bad, but still potentially annoying.

Good to know. I'll try to wait and do certain things when I get to that point.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
How long is the main story in this game?

Apparently it took Datto and 3 friends 19 hours to beat it on hard. That seems like a fairly long length given the skill and experience of Datto.

By comparison, I recall Destiny's original campaign being less than 10 hours. That's why my friends wrote it off even though I wanted to keep playing.

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
Gaming bile is in full effect here.

The game is in a much better state than demo/beta, this much is undeniably true. Some might question if it's fully baked and I'd agree there's much more they can still do with UI, tweaking controls and how co-op plays in mission with shared objectives and what not.

But we should be looking at early access as nothing more than beta 2 - the games has not effectively launched yet. Feb 22 will be an improved state of the game still.

Topper

Oct 27, 2017
Loving it so far, I heard the complaints about the grinding part but when I got to it myself I already had most of it completed, I'll just continue to do side quests free roam at my pace and see whats left to finish up when I run out of things to do.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
But we should be looking at early access as nothing more than beta 2 - the games has not effectively launched yet. Feb 22 will be an improved state of the game still.

No, this excuse needs to stop being perpetuated it's such a bad idea.
People have paid money for this, it's not beta; it's retail.

It's getting real tiring hearing excuses like "it's alpha, it's beta, it's a demo, it's pre-release, it's "some magical shit you just came up with", it's just come out, come on it's only been a week since it's released!, it's the weekend! It's holidays!.

Stop, If you had the experience me and my friends have had you'd not be happy either.
It might work flawlessly for you but it doesn't for others.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else experienced the issue where it throws you into Stronghold matchmaking after the boss has been triggered and you spawn behind a locked door? I've had to waste 10-15 mins so far loading in, see I'm locked out, exit out, load back in, etc.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Can you do most of the Tomb grind mission in Strongholds or does it have to be in Freeplay?

Lies

Oct 27, 2017
Despite all my issues with Anthem and the fact that I don't really think I like it that much at least it is a cool world and futuristic which appeals to me. The Division 2 is a snoozefest through and through. At least the first one had the winter theme but the new one is dry as a bone imo. I payed $7 for the first Division and still refunded it. Anthem is not a game I will get at launch but one day I might. I would never buy Division 2 not after that boring ass beta. Just my opinion though.

7 and still refunded. Funny stuff. Not /s but that's just amusing :p

I think the suit design in anthem is pretty great. Outfitting and customising is very cool. The abilities have potential. The environment is pretty but dull and unexciting, particularly the structures. Enemies in lore is interesting but in practice weak combatants . There's been plenty commentary on it already.

I can understand the thoughts on Division. The RPG builds appeal to me and the diverse ai which provides depth to interactions is decent. Massive are also experienced at this point and I have faith. It's shown even in the small details; accepting a invite by just pressing up on the dpad (rather than going into the slow PS4 UI, or the limited loading. General flow is great.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Still very positive on the game but, yeah, the Tomb mission is not great. If you could at least track the progress it would be better but not great. Also having an objective based around reviving someone else is lame.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Ranger and Storm use the same weapons? I just unlocked the Ranger and there's no new weapons to use, only the same as the Storm.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god. Doing the first dungeon/raid thingy and I got disconnected. When I finally logged back in and started the game it joined me back into the same group but now I'm stuck behind a door while their doing the mission. I'm at the door to the caves where you fight the big spider dude. FUUUUUUUCK

I fucking hated that, fucking fucking fucking hated it. Hearing your team being crushed by the trash compactor as you're helpless to do anything...

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to kick people from the group? This one bozo can't find his way out of the water in said dungeon. Fuck my life.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
So is this whole Tomb mission overblown? Will this still be a satisfactory game even with a grind mission or two?

I already had most of the items complete by the time I got to the Tomb mission. I just needed to get more kills with my ult and get more melee kills....EXCEPT for 1 of the tombs. It had shit like revive javelins and find secrets. Screw that tomb.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
anthem_2019_02_16_15_gyj7d.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Having a hard time with the game this morning lol. First I couldnt figure out how to start the mission im doing. Then once I did finally get the mission to start it joined up with a group of people that were stuck in a room and we couldnt progress the mission lol. Then it wouldnt let me cancel the mission in progress and return to the mission select screen. Had to quit to the main menu.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having fun on one X. Game is good looking and plays good. Better than beta. Hesitating if I order or no. Will see within next hours'

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
No, this excuse needs to stop being perpetuated it's such a bad idea.
People have paid money for this, it's not beta; it's retail.

It's getting real tiring hearing excuses like "it's alpha, it's beta, it's a demo, it's pre-release, it's "some magical shit you just came up with", it's just come out, come on it's only been a week since it's released!, it's the weekend! It's holidays!.

Stop, If you had the experience me and my friends have had you'd not be happy either.
It might work flawlessly for you but it doesn't for others.
You beat me to it. I can tell you EA and BW consider the launch of the game to be yesterday, when paying customers start playing (even if it's via subs).

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat a stronghold mission and yet it's still showing up as my next objective. Am i interpreting something wrong in these menus or is this a bug?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they haven't fixed that ? LMFAO WOW