• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

HMC

Aug 24, 2018
Spent about 5 hours with this on the 1X. The constant loading is just obnoxious , the main hub is dull and lifeless, and I don't think I've ever hated a protagonist voice and personality more. I know the ultra-macho Marcus Phenix characterization is cliché, but dude reminds me of Jimmy McGill, ffs. Other than that though, I really like this game a lot. The gunplay feels right, the traversal is great, graphics look phenomenal on my 4k. Those load screens, though...

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Never played much of Destiny. What is the point of a no-respawn zone if they allow respawning...?

Most of the time, at least in my experience, if two out of three player down, the final dude will have a really hardtime surviving until the others can self-res.

To be clear, I'm talking about Normal difficulty or levelling part of the game. I don't mind no self-res for the hardest difficulty. Raid in Destiny 2 for example, each player can only revive one other player per Encounter and must be done in 30 seconds or risk party-wipe.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Most of the time, at least in my experience, if two out of three player down, the final dude will have a really hardtime surviving until the others can self-res.

To be clear, I'm talking about Normal difficulty or levelling part of the game. I don't mind no self-res for the hardest difficulty. Raid in Destiny 2 for example, each player can only revive one other player per Encounter and must be done in 30 seconds or risk party-wipe.
Okies. That explains it more clearly now. I also understand why it is a bit of an issue for you then.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
35 second cutscene inside that cozy Strider and I wish the game never returned to Fort Tarsis ever again.

Seriously. Tarsis is the worst part of the game by far and it will never be salvageable. If they are truly serious about expanding the game in the future, make it so you go to another city and never go back to Tarsis again.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
About 4ish hours in and I really like it. The mission design is very repetitive though so you really have to enjoy the fundamental gameplay loop to get much enjoyment out of it. As someone who probably dumped 200 hours into Mass Effect 3s multiplayer though, this feels like a hugely expanded version of it.

I guess I'm a weirdo for liking Fort Tarsis though. It's kind of chill to just poke around and chat with npcs.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure I've missed a bunch of feedback, but how does Colossus feel now after whatever changes they made?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
yes, i think im going to rock ranger..........im loving the more i see it while storm isn't my style. It's just a lot of floating

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure I've missed a bunch of feedback, but how does Colossus feel now after whatever changes they made?
It feels better, at least I'm doing early missions on hard and I'm not getting slaughtered like in the demo. I've also gotten health and armor mods so I'm lasting a long time and I can do things like get out of cover and stomp on enemies for a while.

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if saves on the PC are saved in the cloud? I have this on a standard HDD and just have to move it to an SSD. The loading is killing me. I don't want to lose progress if I can avoid it. I'm Origin Premier if thet helps.

I don't use Origin a a lot...

HMC

Aug 24, 2018
Tarsis feel like every other Mass Effect hub environment. Lifeless, but with tons of narrative and lore laying/standing around.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
It feels better, at least I'm doing early missions on hard and I'm not getting slaughtered like in the demo. I've also gotten health and armor mods so I'm lasting a long time and I can do things like get out of cover and stomp on enemies for a while.
Are its abilities interesting to use?

Also, unrelated, but has the shooting been improved at all from the demo? I couldn't believe how lifeless and boring it felt to shoot things when I played through that.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
After the Demo, I wasn't sure. But after getting my choice of Javelin and trying out a Colossus... with an autocannon...

giphy.gif

That shit was raw. Nobody told me.

Everything feels better than the demo, from flight to combat to server performance. Also, ironically, kinda liking the NPCs so far. Nothing to bad, and Owen is kinda amusing.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if saves on the PC are saved in the cloud? I have this on a standard HDD and just have to move it to an SSD. The loading is killing me. I don't want to lose progress if I can avoid it. I'm Origin Premier if thet helps.

I don't use Origin a a lot...

99 percent of game saves are stored on your C drive anyway, moving drives won't affect it (or any game)

That being said I imagine this game saves everything server side. You will be fine either way.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the game to finish downloading on X1X. completed the sequence from the alpha. Did I miss something or our we limited to the predetermined "faces" for our freelancer? I was hoping for some customization options. Really wanted a a crazy looking beard.

Last edited:

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Are its abilities interesting to use?

Also, unrelated, but has the shooting been improved at all from the demo? I couldn't believe how lifeless and boring it felt to shoot things when I played through that.
I think it depends on what abilities you have equipped, right now I have a rail gun that does heavy damage and an ability that lets me lay down a long wall of fire so my teammates can cause combo damage on burning enemies. If you mean how it plays with the bigger guns like the gatling gun and the shield, then I think it's pretty fun, if you hate having to manually use your shield instead of just letting it automatically take damage on the other javelins then you're probably not going to like the Colossus.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I think it depends on what abilities you have equipped, right now I have a rail gun that does heavy damage and an ability that lets me lay down a long wall of fire so my teammates can cause combo damage on burning enemies. If you mean how it plays with the bigger guns like the gatling gun and the shield, then I think it's pretty fun, if you hate having to manually use your shield instead of just letting it automatically take damage on the other javelins then you're probably not going to like the Colossus.
Having to deal with a manual shield sounds like a far more active playstyle, which as a long-time Reinhardt player in Overwatch, sounds appealing.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
For those complaining about the sound of guns, you do know that you can increase gun sounds decibel, right?

With it turned up to the max, the guns sound fantastic to me. Maybe a little bit too loud, even.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For people with the audio bug, is that on PC? Haven't had it yet on X1. Game is actually more stable than BFV for me lol

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't unsee the Predator when I look at that Legion of Dawn helm for the Ranger lol

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how to unlock the legion of dawn edition stuff? I have 40,000 coins but no vinyls or weapons or anything listed that I should have.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
For people with the audio bug, is that on PC? Haven't had it yet on X1. Game is actually more stable than BFV for me lol
That's where I ran into it. Along with weird bugs where my character and parts of the world disappear. I went through the matchmaking cutscene where you're putting on your suit with an invisible face in the helmet.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I m really impressed with the game. After the VIP and Demo I was not sure about it, glad they proved me wrong. The walking speed in the Hub was improved even though they said it would not be till the 22nd patch. With that said, why does the hub sound like there is nothing going on? There are a ton of NPC's looking like they are talking and doing things, but there is like no audio. Even a low level soundtrack of people shopping etc. would bring a bit of life. It looks gorgeous but it sounds sterile.

Game looks better to me and performance has been fantastic. That entire intro was breathtaking and really set up the game nicely. I wish I had more time to play it longer, but game has it's hooks in me. I really want to see what other enhancements will come on the 22nd with the game.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Anyone know how to unlock the legion of dawn edition stuff? I have 40,000 coins but no vinyls or weapons or anything listed that I should have.
u have to do the first mission...and then a side mission to unlock the store. And then u click over to rewards in the store. Right now theres a vinyl for me playing the demo and a vinyl for having ea access that i can get in there. I assume thats where the LOD stuff would be as well

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
35 second cutscene inside that cozy Strider and I wish the game never returned to Fort Tarsis ever again.

Seriously. Tarsis is the worst part of the game by far and it will never be salvageable. If they are truly serious about expanding the game in the future, make it so you go to another city and never go back to Tarsis again.

Tarsis is super generic and the "funny AF" NPCs are as well. Expected the writing to be typical, non-Bioware level slop, but this is even worse than that. The layout of Tarsis too seems like it's only set up like it is to slow the player down and nothing more.

how is the story in the game?

Go into it with your lowest possible expectations. It might not bother you as much then. The plot is fine, but the execution...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The uptick in positivity has encouraged me a little despite hating my time with the demo and I just got a nice payday so I might be snagging this but I don't think I'll bother with the demo considering I have Crackdown, Metro and Far Cry to jump into this week.

Biggest concern though, how is the performance on the One X? The demo was unacceptable.