• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So you have to buy the N7 decal? It isn't unlocked for playing the Mass Effect games?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely pissed about how early on they introduce paid cosmetics. This is a full $60. They haven't justified the existence of microtransactions yet.

Once you do ~10 missions, and get to the freeplay stuff...

Here are the full requirements
  • Artinia: 5 World events, 30 Weapon defeats, 15 weak point defeats, 9 elite defeats
  • Cariff: 3 missions, 30 gear defeats, 15 combos, 3 multikills
  • Gawnes: 50 Melee defeats, 50 ult defeats, 3 legendary defeats
  • Yvena: 15 chests, 25 harvests, 3 javs repaired, 10 collectibles
All four are required to advance the main quest.

Fun Fact: Feat tracking is broken, so the only way to check progress is by manually flying to each tomb to see!

Yay! Isn't locking main storyline content behind an absurd grind fun? /s
Oh boy

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've had a bug since beginning the game where my LoD weapon goes to -3 on the ammo counter.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

• Artinia: 5 World events, 30 Weapon defeats, 15 weak point defeats, 9 elite defeats

Fun Fact: Feat tracking is broken, so the only way to check progress is by manually flying to each tomb to see!

???? Why would they put this smack in the middle of a campaign? I feel like if you're gonna put shit like this in your game at least let it be something you can grind at the end of the campaign for maybe a certain weapon or ability power. That's such a buzzkill to the pacing of a game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The grind for those challenges isn't that bad at all. You're supposed to be enjoying exploring, killing things, etc... anyway right? I know I am.

And you cancomplete them while you do Freelancer missions or Free roam.

You're supposed to be being a Freelancer, taking quests to survive and gear up as you work through the story.

I picked up the first one, flew about for a bit just killing stuff, exploring, and completing in world events (solo and in groups) and when I checked next I had a single elite to kill to finish it.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Is EA Access down for anyone else? I can't log into it today. I could log in just fine yesterday when I signed up and they took my money...

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Ok just finished the video impressions. Here are some additional comments from the GB crew.

-Animations feel fake and are akin to a stage performance.
-Mission design is bleh and feels repetitive.
-They really hated the writing and feel it's bad for a Bioware game.
-Worried about enemy design variations.
-Want more challenging encounters.
Thank you for summary, everyone!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gxqWW7z.gif

Jun 1, 2018
I absolutely would not blame anyone for stopping the second they hit that grind. It is poorly communicated and extremely hard to track or tell what your current status is at any given time. Yes, it is doable, but man it's like a brick wall for anyone who is casually enjoying the game and isn't interested in doing some insane grind at that point.

I'm seeing similar people pissed across Reddit, Twitter, and Discord as more and more people hit this area. It has to be one of the more baffling design decisions I have ever seen in a video game. It completely kills any momentum in the game's story, and it really hinders enjoyment of the game.

I think the grind, tracking or not, would be awful. But given there's no decent ways to track it makes it even worse. It really is absolutely unacceptable for AAA game in 2019.
what discord?

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
The grind for those challenges isn't that bad at all. You're supposed to be enjoying exploring, killing things, etc... anyway right? I know I am.

You're supposed to be being a Freelancer, taking quests to survive and gear up as you work through the story.

I picked up the first one, flew about for a bit just killing stuff, exploring, and completing in world events (solo and in groups) and when I checked next I had a single elite to kill to finish it.
It doesn't seem that bad either but it being a main story mission is a terrible idea.

Oct 27, 2017
Surely this was intentional so players with 10 hour early access couldn't finish the campaign today.

Kappa
Ea doesn't give you 10 hours if free roam with their demo. With andromeda you could play 10 hours or up to a certain part and it gates you from progressing the story. You can then dick around for the remaining 10 hours. I don't see why anthem wouldn't have a similar feature

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. If I could just ten more consistent FPS, I'd be happy with the medium settings I got it on.

L1e6omJ.png

Any suggestions on what I should upgrade here to get a lil speed boost? Don't really care about making the game prettier but man its so close to being decent performance wise for me.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I'm not getting this reaction people are having like the game just told them to kill 5000 enemies just to advance the story. I think the only really bad requirement is the one where you have to actively harvest materials but doing stuff like killing 50 enemies with an ULT or melee killing them is shit you do during the course of one or two missions.

To be clear, I don't think they should have done that but it's not the end of the world.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
???? Why would they put this smack in the middle of a campaign? I feel like if you're gonna put shit like this in your game at least let it be something you can grind at the end of the campaign for maybe a certain weapon or ability power. That's such a buzzkill to the pacing of a game.

Destiny 2 also have stuff like this, but at least they are mostly for obtaining Exotic weapons.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man I usually dig giant bomb stuff but had to turn off that vid. Starts with him picking quick play then wondering why he not playing the new mission, fumbling with controls saying can't figure out how to land, doesn't bother use skills and when does didn't bother reading what they did.

Yikes. Had to stop after that.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Holy fuck any advice?

Not really. All I did was run around to each tomb to check what I had to do and did it. That's why it's so stupid. The tombs are ridiculously far apart and you have to constantly check to see what you have to do for each one and it's a lot of shit. Gating the story behind that shit was ridiculous.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah, I'm not getting this reaction people are having like the game just told them to kill 5000 enemies just to advance the story. I think the only really bad requirement is the one where you have to actively harvest materials but doing stuff like killing 50 enemies with an ULT or melee killing them is shit you do during the course of one or two missions.

To be clear, I don't think they should have done that but it's not the end of the world.

It basically comes down to the fact its boring and lazy padding.

Kneecap

Oct 27, 2017
This puppy needs more time in the puppy mill: loading screens are still too frequent and some of the load times are near 60 seconds. Also, sound issues abound. In particular the sound will occasionally just quit--completely.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
5 hours of playing and I'm already burning out.

Biggest complaints in no particular order:

• Walking around the hub is simply bad, there's like no redeemable aspect to the area. Even if they increase the movement speed or add in fast travel the area would still feel unnecessary and lifeless. The launch pad is also useless because you still need to go to the Fort for progression.
  • All of the guns are underpowered and boring to shoot, to the point where as an Interceptor I just never use a gun and use melee and powers for everything. This will probably change at end game, but I'm already kind of over that aspect of the combat.
  • The story front loads all these characters, heroes and antagonists, and then you go right in to boring fetch quests, go here and blow up some dudes, or look for 3 overly small interactables.
  • Why is there a limit on flying outside of combat?
All of that would be disappointing but manageable in any game for me, but the real thing that's killing me is that I've spent more time in loading screens than actually fighting anything at this point and I'm on an SSD. Every where you go leads to a loading screen. This game would be unplayable on an HDD, and I can't even imagine what this game is like on a console. All of that on top of Origin crashing me like it crashes me in Apex Legends now and then.

There are some positives though. Some of the lore is cool, the graphics are good, and the frame design is pretty cool.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, all these negative impressions are cementing my decision to wait about a year for them to improve the game. Think I'll go with The Division 2 for my near future co-op title.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
5 hours of playing and I'm already burning out.

Biggest complaints in no particular order:

• Walking around the hub is simply bad, there's like no redeemable aspect to the area. Even if they increase the movement speed or add in fast travel the area would still feel unnecessary and lifeless. The launch pad is also useless because you still need to go to the Fort for progression.
  • All of the guns are underpowered and boring to shoot, to the point where as an Interceptor I just never use a gun and use melee and powers for everything. This will probably change at end game, but I'm already kind of over that aspect of the combat.
  • The story front loads all these characters, heroes and antagonists, and then you go right in to boring fetch quests, go here and blow up some dudes, or look for 3 overly small interactables.
  • Why is there a limit on flying outside of combat?
All of that would be disappointing but manageable in any game for me, but the real thing that's killing me is that I've spent more time in loading screens than actually fighting anything at this point and I'm on an SSD. Every where you go leads to a loading screen. This game would be unplayable on an HDD, and I can't even imagine what this game is like on a console. All of that on top of Origin crashing me like it crashes me in Apex Legends now and then.

There are some positives though. Some of the lore is cool, the graphics are good, and the frame design is pretty cool.

Yeah, the hub is completely indefensible imo. If this is the end product, I can only imagine how godawful it was before they iterated on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Had two play sessions today with two vastly different results on PC. This morning went very smooth and made me think, wow, this has received a lot of polish while the session I just had was far, far, far worse than anything I saw in the two "demo" previews. This game for one all of a sudden made it sound like my harddrive wanted to break out of my PC case as I've never heard it grind like that, then while using an Xbox Elite controller it kept losing it's connection which both of these issues never happen with any other game. Then it decided to just completely lose sound. Those issues compounded with unbelievably long load times, a matchmaking system that just doesn't work considering half the mission or more is generally over once you get in-game, and enemies and structures appearing out of thin air made me really question a full purchase which is a shame as when everything works it is beautiful visually and super-fun to play as well.

Gonna give the Xbox One X version another go as the initial one went very smoothly just like the PC version.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

I asked around about this specifically (to be frank I haven't played yet).

Feats are specific to an expedition. Are you looking at the challenges in the cortex to see what you've done?

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I still get drops on the Xbox One X version. I think I may end up switching to the PC version and trying that out.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Ugh, I keep crashing and now there's a new problem where I can't rejoin my own friends game because it's private.
1; It's not, it's free roam public and 2; even if it was I was part of the damned team.

Also no news about why servers are coming down, for how long.....

The game has froze in the same mission at more or less the same portion of the map. I don't think I'm the only one either because the 3 attempts I've tried at least 1 other person has DC'd around that area before I did.

I think the heightened reaction is because they want to rush to end game and really see what the game is about. A lot of people, including myself, are starting to feel fatigued from doing everything that isn't combat. So to hit a soft road block like that, when they're already starting to feel like they may not like the game is probably going to be the final nail for a lot of people.