• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Question for all of y'all playing with randos: which suits are you seeing most often? For my first javelin I don't want to mirror others regardless of efficacy. Keep up some variety, you know?

I'm leaning towards the Storm but I have a feeling that everyone else is too.

Oh god, this plays and looks even better than what we played internally.

I feel the power! Holy hell this is triggering so many fantasies of mine. :D
How often do you folks get to try out other projects from around the company? I'm sure it's refreshing cuz you're otherwise so locked in on your own work for so long.

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
Javelin customization is one of the top features people enjoy about the game, so yeah - your Javelin has always been the focus. Just because they didn't say there was no character creator, doesn't mean it's safe to assume there is one. Between the plentiful amount of Dev streams, I'm pretty sure I've heard it mentioned however. I'd much prefer an excellent customization experience for the Javelin vs our human character that we will never really see.

Why are you so pressed?

I just finished the second tutorial mission and they refer to the face/callsign selection "character customization" so I sincerely doubt they said there wouldn't be character customization in the game- considering they refer to this as character customization. I've played every BioWare game since KOTOR and you know what they all had? Lol at you telling me what I should or shouldn't assume.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm sure this has been addressed a million times already but have they improved the kb & m controls?

Sounds like they have (I didn't play the beta) but even still the game controls considerably better with a controller. It doesn't feel good to fly or swim with KB/M. I've switched to controller for this game and I usually hate using a controller for any type of shooter.

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this runs loads better than the demo. They weren't kidding about performance improvements. Couldn't get 60 FPS on low and now I'm probably (didnt check for sure) getting 60 FPS on medium. GTX 1050 Ti

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
For 1080p on lowest settings it is absolutely reasonable.

You might have lower tolerances for this type of thing if you feel it "runs fine" on your rig, but that doesn't particularly mean anything to me. Performance is wildly variable going from 50-100+ depending on the mission. That is not running "fine." That is a poorly optimized game.

Again, sorry you are having that experience I told you about the two dips to 55 I experienced. Two. I'm running frame counter as well. I'm just telling you my reality. It is a CPU and GPU heavy game. Maybe time to upgrade or not play?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Uhhh I'm gonna say fuck this game. About 10 missions in and hit a major brick wall. The way this game organises Freeplay in the story is awful:

you're thrown into seeking out 4 tombs, but it's freeplay so you're unlikely to corral any of the other people in your server to follow your lead. There's also no way to teleport to teammates which would make it less annoying. Oh and when you get to the tombs you have to do a ridiculous number of tasks, OH and they're not tracked on screen because the game apparently just expects you to remember them. WTF? I hope I'm just being dumb and missing something but this just seems like a chore.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you so pressed?

I just finished the second tutorial mission and they refer to the face/callsign selection "character customization" so I sincerely doubt they said there wouldn't be character customization in the game- considering they refer to this as character customization. I've played every BioWare game since KOTOR and you know what they all had? Lol at you telling me what I should or shouldn't assume.
No need to be so defensive , the other poster was just giving you info. Yes you only can costumize your voice and face as part of your pilot, the rest is all javelin customization. Which kind of makes sense since you're in first person in fort and in your javelin for the rest of the time out in missions and freeplay.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Uhhh I'm gonna say fuck this game. About 10 missions in and hit a major brick wall. The way this game organises Freeplay in the story is awful:

you're thrown into seeking out 4 tombs, but it's freeplay so you're unlikely to corral any of the other people in your server to follow your lead. There's also no way to teleport to teammates which would make it less annoying. Oh and when you get to the tombs you have to do a ridiculous number of tasks, OH and they're not tracked on screen because the game apparently just expects you to remember them. WTF? I hope I'm just being dumb and missing something but this just seems like a chore.

I am there too.
There seems to be a way to track it via the codex (go to feats section), but it doesn't actually show you the requirements for each specific one, simply the progress you've made on the feat that is related to it.
This seems like really bad game design from a game that was enjoyable up until this point.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, sorry you are having that experience I told you about the two dips to 55 I experienced. Two. I'm running frame counter as well. I'm just telling you my reality. It is a CPU and GPU heavy game. Maybe time to upgrade or not play?
You've had more than that if you're really running the same hardware as me. You're probably just less sensitive to it.

...and obviously I know the solutions. This is a forum. I'm sharing my experiences and my frustration. Maybe time to stop replying to me?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'd love a summary if you watch it - bit long for my tastes. I scrolled to the end and they mostly sounded...tired?
I'm halfway through the video and they're not impressed with it.

-Glitches
-UI is trash.
-Flight being restricted is annoying for them.
-Colorblind mode is garbage as it washes out the colors.
-Story is going in and out for them and they don't care. They feel the writing is bad.
-Powers seem more fun than shooting.
-Tarsis is annoying to deal with and they want they want movement speed upped. Tarsis in general is not interesting.
-"I don't feel the game has a ton of character."

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
What I'm hearing about the grinding in main story content is dissapointing. I would have thought Bioware would have backed off that after Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'll still pick this up, but i expect to fall off.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017

-Glitches
-UI is trash.
-Story is going in and out for them and they don't care. They feel the writing is bad.
-Tarsis is annoying to deal with and they want they want movement speed upped. Tarsis in general is not interesting.

Sounds pretty spot on?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's disappointing tbh. I don't recall them explicitly saying there's no character creator. Seems like a ploy to sell skins at a glance, unless I can alter tons of elements of the suit in game.

You can alter the appearance of each piece of your gear, as well as the texture and color of like 6 different appearance slots. Oh and decals.

And yes they have said there was no character creator many times. I'm at work but I'm sure a cursory twitter search would find your examples.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

-Glitches
-UI is trash.

My impressions after several hours as well.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Question for all of y'all playing with randos: which suits are you seeing most often? For my first javelin I don't want to mirror others regardless of efficacy. Keep up some variety, you know?

I'm leaning towards the Storm but I have a feeling that everyone else is too.

I've seen 50% Storm 30% Ninja 15% Ranger 5% Heavy

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
The load times I'm seeing on Seagull's stream are very disappointing. I suppose this must be an issue with Frostbite at this point. Long loading times when you don't expect them really break the immersion.

I suppose it depends on what other games you play that focus on gunplay. Compare the gun audio in Anthem to the gun audio and effects in Gears of War. It's shocking how weak guns sound in Anthem by and large.

Go back to the Demo thread. LOTS of people were complaining about the awful weapon sounds. And yea, in watching these Anthem streams, nothing changed. Disappointed. But oh well.

Completely off topic but I love your chibi Lifeline avatar :3

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you so pressed?

Seems you insist they never mentioned it.

Here's a link to an entire article about it :)

https://gamerant.com/anthem-customize-face/

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

-Glitches
-UI is trash.

Giant bomb dudes not understanding another loot game...well colour me shocked.

Powers seem more fun than shooting...well erm yes that's the point. That's the whole point.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the game just phased out enemies and a chest that was right in front of me in freeplay.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
My friend is having A LOT of loading issues, 95% loading bug, loading times taking 1-2 minutes to get in when he doesn't freeze at 95%.
Me and my other friend have the game installed on an SSD and it only takes 10-20 seconds to load, but my friend with the issues has it installed on a HDD. I'm guessing this isn't an isolated issue though.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Do they not explain the combo system? It seems like you're just supposed to... figure them out by experimenting. I feel like I missed them explaining the combos, which seem like a major component of gameplay.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished my first session after 8 hours.
Besides the rocky first 45 minutes everything went quite well.

My group just reached the first stronghold and will take care of that tomorrow:)
Replayed a lot of missions to get everyone to the same quest state.
Somehow I received 160000 coins and had all javelines unlocked, but I'm the only one in my group.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just because it's a loot game doesn't excuse the problems they're having the game.

If you come to anthem a powers first, weapons second game and complain about that very fact...then it shows a lack of understanding imho. The powers are meant to be the primary thing and most fun thing.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Solved it.

The trial only appeared when I go to Origin with my web browser. The client never gives the option to get the trial and just pushes Premier. Now I got the trial through the web store.

Shitty design from EA.

THANK YOU. I was looking everywhere for the trial and couldn't find it on the Trials page nor the store search. Shitty client design indeed.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Once you do ~10 missions, and get to the freeplay stuff...

Here are the full requirements
  • Artinia: 5 World events, 30 Weapon defeats, 15 weak point defeats, 9 elite defeats
  • Cariff: 3 missions, 30 gear defeats, 15 combos, 3 multikills
  • Gawnes: 50 Melee defeats, 50 ult defeats, 3 legendary defeats
  • Yvena: 15 chests, 25 harvests, 3 javs repaired, 10 collectibles
All four are required to advance the main quest.

Fun Fact: Feat tracking is broken, so the only way to check progress is by manually flying to each tomb to see!

Yay! Isn't locking main storyline content behind an absurd grind fun? /s

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
If you come to anthem a powers first, weapons second game and complain about that very fact...then it shows a lack of understanding imho. The powers are meant to be the primary thing and most fun thing.

I don't get that at all. I've been following the mainstream coverage of the game and loot, and by extension guns, has seemed like a core part of the game.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• Artinia: 5 World events, 30 Weapon defeats, 15 weak point defeats, 9 elite defeats

Fun Fact: Feat tracking is broken, so the only way to check progress is by manually flying to each tomb to see!

What the fuck.

Im not doing all that shit.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

This seems...misguided.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York

hahahahahahahaha

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I am there too.
There seems to be a way to track it via the codex (go to feats section), but it doesn't actually show you the requirements for each specific one, simply the progress you've made on the feat that is related to it.
This seems like really bad game design from a game that was enjoyable up until this point.

Yep I dunno what the fuck they were thinking tbh. You can "track" the grinding in the challenges > expeditions menu of the cortex but...they don't appear on the screen when you're actually playing.

So. fucking. stupid. This is basic shit, I don't get how they're getting it wrong and making proceeding a chore.

EDIT: I see others are hitting the same area, this is fucking terrible and making it a tough proposition to continue tbh.