• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are all these people so shocked there is no character creator?

Bioware said like 1000 times that the Javelin is your character, you only see your characters face a few scant times. Customization is for the Javelin.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
When did anyone at Bioware say the performance target was a locked 60 on 1070?

It really doesn't matter. He has a 1070 which should smoke 1080p/60. I'm using a 1080 and performance isn't great on that either. The game just needs more optimisation, there's no need to go into full fanboy protector mode.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on Xbox not getting legion of dawn bonuses showing? Only rewards I can claim are the VIP and EA access vinyl. No legion of dawn stuff.

You get these later I believe. After a certain point in the game, pasting from Reddit:

- Play game up to Prospero Mission

- Complete Prospero Mission

- Open Store and go to rewards tab

- Claim rewards

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
After a little more testing there is definitely still screen tearing but only in open play. As someone else suggested, seems to be adaptive sync

Heh I went through these same couple of realizations. Also, freesync gave me some flickering- particularly in the forge. This is the first game I've played where I needed to turn it off. I know it doesn't support VRR considering its target frame rate, but I'd rather not have to toggle it off just for one game. Oh well.

Last edited:

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
It really doesn't matter. He has a 1070 which should smoke 1080p/60. I'm using a 1080 and performance isn't great on that either. The game just needs more optimisation, there's no need to go into full fanboy protector mode.

I'm not. I have no history of being a fanboy Anthem or for any game besides Chrono Trigger. Runs fine on my rig. They said LOCKED which based on the specs they shared is unreasonable to expect.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, this fucking thing actually covers up your overheat gauge.

unknown.png

slobster

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even launch the game, trying to access the ea app on Xbox just gives me an error. Might try PC in a few here.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
The moment-to-moment gameplay is alot of fun, but man does this game lack any sort of flow.
After each mission theres a billion loading screens, tons of pretty boring dialogue etc.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do you leave that pathetic little social room? I got dumped back in there after a mission and everyone was trying to figure out how to leave. I ended up just backing out to the main menu.

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
How are all these people so shocked there is no character creator?

Bioware said like 1000 times that the Javelin is your character, you only see your characters face a few scant times. Customization is for the Javelin.

That's disappointing tbh. I don't recall them explicitly saying there's no character creator. Seems like a ploy to sell skins at a glance, unless I can alter tons of elements of the suit in game.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do you leave that pathetic little social room? I got dumped back in there after a mission and everyone was trying to figure out how to leave. I ended up just backing out to the main menu.

When I wound up there I had a giant door with a blue arrow pointing right at it. Easy to leave.

BioZilla

Jan 29, 2018
That's disappointing tbh. I don't recall them explicitly saying there's no character creator. Seems like a ploy to sell skins at a glance, unless I can alter tons of elements of the suit in game.

Javelin customization is one of the top features people enjoy about the game, so yeah - your Javelin has always been the focus. Just because they didn't say there was no character creator, doesn't mean it's safe to assume there is one. Between the plentiful amount of Dev streams, I'm pretty sure I've heard it mentioned however. I'd much prefer an excellent customization experience for the Javelin vs our human character that we will never really see.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You get these later I believe. After a certain point in the game, pasting from Reddit:

- Play game up to Prospero Mission

- Complete Prospero Mission

- Open Store and go to rewards tab

- Claim rewards

Done all that. Not there.

Apparently they are only for origin premier access. EA access doesn't give you the bonuses until full game unlocks.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I lost my Lighting strike ability, or at least, I can't find it anymore when choosing "Blast Seal", only fire burst and the ice thing.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just did the first stronghold and it didn't give me completion for the mission I had for it. Ahahaha

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
So the downside of only getting loot at the end of the mission?
If you crash/disconnected or whatever reason and don't make the end of the mission, you get ZERO LOOT.

Fuck off, I had a bunch of blues for the first time too!

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you crash/disconnected or whatever reason and don't make the end of the mission, you get ZERO LOOT.

Go to free play and then return to base. You'll get all the loot did did not go away

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Been watching a lot of streams and basically confirmed this game is not for me. Barebones story and just a lot of aimless grind. I really wanted this to be Mass Effect Ironman, but it's more Destiny Ironman which is just tired and boring.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Your loot is still in your inventory. The next time you finish an expedition that loot get's added to the rest that you earned.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
So.... spoilers for a bit later on

the grinding for these tombs seems insane? impossible to track, all do X of whatever, no new content to do until you've completed them

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
‪The combat and traversal are incredible, but what I really am happy to see is that Bioware's trademark focus on story, lore and characters are still at the forefront.

This game already has its hooks in me - I don't think the 10 hour trial will last me until Friday!‬

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if already asked....I preloaded and have Basic sub, and I own Anthem too, and my Play button is gray. Can I not play 10 hours of this game early?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it so far, but the UI is an abomination and you can quickly see the grind not 5-6 hours in. Expected, sure, but somewhat disappointing if I'm being honest.

shermas

Oct 25, 2017
Is the death / respawn mechanic still the same? Trapped and unable to do anything if you die and a teammate doesn't revive you...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I'm going to end up buying this after playing a few hours today. I enjoy the story a lot, but the actual combat just feels dull. The weapons especially all feel like they don't have enough weight behind them. Plus I just don't care at all about the actual loot, aside from the numbers getting higher.

Maybe loot shooters just don't work that well in 3rd person, or atleast haven't been done well yet. I actually would like to see a third person sword and board loot game. Diablo, but with a behind the back camera.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not. I have no history of being a fanboy Anthem or for any game besides Chrono Trigger. Runs fine on my rig. They said LOCKED which based on the specs they shared is unreasonable to expect.
For 1080p on lowest settings it is absolutely reasonable.

You might have lower tolerances for this type of thing if you feel it "runs fine" on your rig, but that doesn't particularly mean anything to me. Performance is wildly variable going from 50-100+ depending on the mission. That is not running "fine." That is a poorly optimized game.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Oh god, this plays and looks even better than what we played internally.

I feel the power! Holy hell this is triggering so many fantasies of mine. :D