• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Crap. Can't end freeplay. Was a spotless experience for 2 hours, but alas. Logging out and back in to see if that fixes it

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have had 2 moments of 55ish fps all day since I started. You got a card that was mid-tier at launch. Now it is a generation behind. I don't know what you expect. Your CPU isn't exactly setting the world on fire either.

I expected to be able to lower enough settings to hit 60fps. I expected that because for the vast majority of games, that is easily doable on my hardware.

Return the game. If you can't deal with anything under 60 fps, while not willing to invest in an actual card and cpu.
Card is less than 3 years old. It should be capable of 1060p 60fps on low settings in a new game. Give me a break.

The evidence shows that the problem is this game, not my hardware. Anthem can't even hit its performance target on consoles.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It didn't really strike a nerve which is why i edited it so it didn't seem that way. You really thought u had me lmaoooooo i hope seagull and the gang guide you on the right path
I didn't think I had you, I just commented on your stealth edit because what you edited out absolutely struck a nerve with you. Its all good, keep on keeping on.

Razors4edge

Nov 12, 2017
A beautiful game that feels great to play in some regards like flying etc, but it lacks impact in its combat. Story is not griping for now and idk if I will play to much of this. Maybe use the rest of my free trail.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So whats the best way to go about my 10 hours? Just steam roll as much as I can?
Do you want to play the full game at some point? Personally I think ripping through is a real waste story-wise as you won't get a chance again for the world and characters to grow with you. And & playing the missions with randoms trivialises the game far more than I'd have anticipated- the characters can barely get out their lines before objectives are complete at times.

If you're at all interested in the story/lore I'd say take it easy, breathe it in. You'll get as far as you get but it'll have been a good 10 hours. If you have plans to play beyond the 10 hours then there's plenty of time to be teaming up and attacking stuff hard. If you just want a very quick flavour of what the game is action-wise and don't care for story, then keep hammering that skip button and set the difficulty to hard, but don't be surprised to find it's all a bit too easy, too samey and doesn't feel massively fun or fulfilling.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A beautiful game that feels great to play in some regards like flying etc, but it lacks impact in its combat. Story is not griping for now and

"And...", Kiryu?

giphy.gif

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone on Xbox not getting legion of dawn bonuses showing? Only rewards I can claim are the VIP and EA access vinyl. No legion of dawn stuff.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
The game is fun but it's so frustrating right now, first proper mission with my Javelin and I can't finish the first mission, gave up after attempt number 4. First time the game froze when I was nearing the end of the mission, 2nd and 3rd time the enemies don't load up during that part, just nothing and so I had to quite and retry, last attempt same thing with no enemies loading up near the end but then got the 95% loading when trying to exit. I decided to leave it for today as I don't want to go through that mission again for the 5th time and have it crash again. Might just wait until there's a patch.
I should also note I have Origin Basic, so playing through the first mission over and over is eating up my trial hours.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, Seagull is on a main story that requires fetch quests like finding 15 chests, and all of the above, where progress is tied to individual characters rather than the whole party (his teammate doesn't get progress for this while he opens chests). So if youre playing with a 4 man squad you have to find 60 chests, since finding 15 will only give a chest completion to one person at a time, and thats just one category. That has to be like 1/5th of the 10 hour trial at least.
OMG lol.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I expected to be able to lower enough settings to hit 60fps. I expected that because for the vast majority of games, that is easily doable on my hardware.

Card is less than 3 years old. It should be capable of 1060p 60fps on low settings in a new game. Give me a break.

The evidence shows that the problem is this game, not my hardware. Anthem can't even hit its performance target on consoles.

When did anyone at Bioware say the performance target was a locked 60 on 1070?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't ask for the reason specifically but my guess is they chose to put resources into Javelin customisation and then came to the realisation that the character model under the suit is irrelevant.
Oh 100% the case. Why waste resources and employee time on something so rarely seen when its the badass suit you are keen for?

What is your ram my dude, and running on SSD perchance as that will help streamline resource pulling? While the 1070 is a very capable 1080p card it is really going to be what you couple it with, and your CPU may very well be the bottleneck you are suffering. It is now 4 years old, that is quite a time for a CPU especially with current-gen advancements.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm getting really sick of being booted out with connection errors. It makes me scared what it'll be like next week when there's a lot more people playing.

Also, I'm having a bug where it shows my power as 3, when it's clearly not.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I dont know how the guns sound weak to some people. Maybe the sound outputs are radically different or something.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
?

It's reasonable to assume that the $400 card I bought just 2 years ago should be able to achieve 1080p60 on the lowest possible settings. I don't particularly care what BioWare did or didn't say.
From what I read there could be problems if you stick with the default settings for low. have no further info on that though, but maybe try medium and adjust individually from there.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The load times I'm seeing on Seagull's stream are very disappointing. I suppose this must be an issue with Frostbite at this point. Long loading times when you don't expect them really break the immersion.

I dont know how the guns sound weak to some people. Maybe the sound outputs are radically different or something.
I suppose it depends on what other games you play that focus on gunplay. Compare the gun audio in Anthem to the gun audio and effects in Gears of War. It's shocking how weak guns sound in Anthem by and large.

Go back to the Demo thread. LOTS of people were complaining about the awful weapon sounds. And yea, in watching these Anthem streams, nothing changed. Disappointed. But oh well.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
?

It's reasonable to assume that the $400 card I bought just 2 years ago should be able to achieve 1080p60 on the lowest possible settings. I don't particularly care what BioWare did or didn't say.
Someone said earlier in this thread that low settings on pc actually run worse then higher ones? Maybe try switch around some settings see if something changes that way? edit: again late

Cosmic

Jan 7, 2018
Fixed the screen tearing. So it might be just something weird with my setup. If you are on Xbox One X and getting screen tearing actually turning off freesync fixed it.

After a little more testing there is definitely still screen tearing but only in open play. As someone else suggested, seems to be adaptive sync

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Fixed the screen tearing. So it might be just something weird with my setup. If you are on Xbox One X and getting screen tearing actually turning off freesync fixed it.

WTF. Man, i just got a Samsung with Freesync yesterday and i already have to disable it? God damn it. I guess its worth it if it cleans up the image in Fort Tarsus though.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Are there more people in the hub area than in the demo? I remember the reveal showed like 5x as many NPC's all chattering out.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose it depends on what other games you play that focus on gunplay. Compare the gun audio in Anthem to the gun audio and effects in Gears of War. It's shocking how weak guns sound in Anthem by and large.

Go back to the Demo thread. LOTS of people were complaining about the awful weapon sounds. And yea, in watching these Anthem streams, nothing changed. Disappointed. But oh well.

I dunno what it could be. Like I said earlier, every shot was accompanied with a pulse from the sub. I was told to turn it down multiple times.