• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome to hear that they improved performance compared to the demo. Looking forward to more impressions from you guys!

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
So it is 10 hours of actual gameplay, or 10 hours of booting the game? I'm asking because there seems to be a struggle with the connection, and it would suck if it meters that as well.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
k6fgsv122rg21.png

In the original leak it was 40k coins and now it's 61k. So they decreases how much purchasable currency you need but increased the amount of currency you grind by 21k.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Flying is MUCH better on mouse+KB. Only weird thing I noticed is cut scenes seems a bit jerky even though Origin shows 160fps during them :) Anyone else noticed it?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ran the opening all the way to the Anthem title, not a single connection or system issue.

Played so smoothly.

Flight feels incredible now on PC. Flying... jumping mid flight, redirecting, boosting to fly again... hovering, flying... it's so smooth, and this is going to be a huge hook for players in terms of the minute to minute. Already feeling myself addicted to it.

And visually.... it's just beautiful. I know I'm high end and brute forcing it a bit, but damn it's easily the best open world game I've ever seen visually.

The story in the opening chapter is handled really well, too.

A very impressive start.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 2700x and a 2070................at 1080p LOL.........so this means i should be fine then.

Oh yeh, I'm at 1080 too. I probably should mention that. :p

I'm going to try downsampling to 1440 later, buut for now 1080 looks good enough. I chose between G-Sync at 1080 and no G-sync at 1440.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Flying is MUCH better on mouse+KB. Only weird thing I noticed is cut scenes seems a bit jerky even though Origin shows 160fps during them :) Anyone else noticed it?

You're talking about the pre-rendered cutscenes at the intro? Those were rendered at 30 FPS that's why it looks that way.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I know it's really early days, but have they said how much you could do solo/with randoms? I'm totally out of the loop with this game.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not sure what flag or whatever was activated for my account, but I have 200k coins instead of 80k that everyone else has, and I had all four javelin unlocks right from the start.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone playing, what's the average coin earned per event/mission? Some are saying the economy seems steep without knowing how me we can earn.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Any performance impressions on PC? How does it compare to demo

(Didn't see a performance thread yet, sorry if I missed it)

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I know it's really early days, but have they said how much you could do solo/with randoms? I'm totally out of the loop with this game.
Everything can be done with randoms. Stronghold missions can't be done solo I don't think, and it will be difficult to solo stuff on the endgame difficulties if not impossible for the highest tiers.

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I'm not sure what flag or whatever was activated for my account, but I have 200k coins instead of 80k that everyone else has, and I had all four javelin unlocks right from the start.
Saw some people on reddit saying they started with 160k coin and all 4 javelin unlocks available. Others didn't. Will be interesting to see if we find out what triggered that for some players and not others. Something related to accomplishing something in the demo maybe?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, ran into the same problem this morning.

What's the deal, EA?

I was able to download the free trial from there. I cant be sure if it is downloading to my X1X because that one is greyed out and my old xbox that i reformatted a dozen times before trading in is still showing. it does say it is auto installing so im hoping its done by the time i get home.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Any news on Origin Basic trial for PC players? My friend isn't Premier and thought the 10 trial would begin today

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh, this already feels like a huge improvement over the demo.

This may be a big surprise after so many were reeing let down. That opeming section really got my attention.