• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

You've been able to test out the latest build with them? Other than sharp turns and being underwater, the PC controls were fine (other than the UI which they modified to fit keyboard better). Aiming and shooting is vastly superior though. Tried using an S controller for moving around and it felt comfortable, but the aiming and shooting was ass on PC with one. Don't know if the consoles have a better aim assist, but it's awful on PC with a controller in that regard. After every shot the reticle would veer way off the mark.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Crazy high for what they are. Especially in a full priced game. So much for the economy being a work in progress...

Anyone on Xbox able to play yet? Did the performance improve in any way?
k6fgsv122rg21.png

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
The game looks great and runs great so far. Just started the 2nd tutorial mission @1440p ultra settings on 4790k/RTX 2060 has not dropped below 60 fps yet.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am an EA Access member on Xbox and wasnt able to download the game from the MS Store. It still tells me to preorder for money.

The EA Access hub didnt have the trial.

So lame.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Are ALL javelin-related cosmetics in the coin/shard shop, or are there skins and whatnot that can drop out in the world/be earned in other ways?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never more strongly associated a game with "can't connect" than anthem. Every beta/demo I've mostly just not been able to connect - and here I am again. Not sure why i got up early for this. I'm stupid

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
Are there legendary skins though? That screenshot just shows epic items. I could see them rolling those out later for $15-20.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy high for what they are. Especially in a full priced game. So much for the economy being a work in progress...

We will have to see how many of the appearances are paywalled. This is a full priced loot game so if there isn't many appearances you can earn in the game from drops and they are mainly just to buy, then that is a hype killer imo. Even if you can grind for them just the fact that they can be bought kills the excitement of getting a skin not many have.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am an EA Access member on Xbox and wasnt able to download the game from the MS Store. It still tells me to preorder for money.

The EA Access hub didnt have the trial.

So lame.

I only have EA access and I'm downloading the game.

On console go to the store, click where it shows the Anthem image in the front page. Then on the game page go down where it says "included in this bundle" you'll have 3 items, pick the first one starting on left then it should say "free trial". That worked for me.

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Someone from BioWare stated that they start you off with "a bunch of coin". Assuming that pic was taken right away without the player earning any, looks like they start you off with 80,000 coin, which appears to be enough for an armor pack with some left over for some cheaper cosmetics.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get super freaked out when exploring underwater in video games?

That first undwater section was horrible, but super fun.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Might be a coincidence but I just verified my game files and all of a sudden I can continue and watch the intro.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Btw does the trial begin once you launch the game or just when you connect?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm running on ultra on a 2700x and 2080 and so far it's super solid. It's not dipping below 100, sat around 120 most of the time.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The intro mission was glorious. Seeing and playing it again was amazing (it was in the alpha - not the demo) the cutscenes are a sight to behold too.