• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I only have Origin Basic. Is there still a way to preload? When does this unlock?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I really wouldn't be surprised if later down the road they made flying during exploration unlimited for everyone. Quality of life tbh.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So, I only have Origin Basic. Is there still a way to preload? When does this unlock?
The 10 hour trial for Basic does not seem to be pre-loadable in any way. The trial is likely to start tomorrow at the same time it launches for Premier members but you'll have to download it then rather than preloading it.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently no way to preload if you haven't preordered.
I have Origin basic too, paid it when it was 1€ at the end of january. Will I be able to install it and play the 10 hours starting tomorrow?

edit: k, answered above :p

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased Origin Premier and pre-loaded. Does this mean I don't have to actually buy the game as a separate purchase?

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm gonna cave and pay for a month of EA access or premier when I get home. I'll switch to PS4 next week, but I really can't wait that long to check this out. Plus I'll be more useful to PS4 friends if I know what's going on

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Reminder for those on x1 to close their copy of the game properly and not just quit to dashboard as the 10hrs will continue to countdown.

Jan 4, 2018
I have two versions of Anthem in my Library. One is the Legion of Dawn edition which is included with Origin Premiere, and the other is the standard edition that I got bundled with my RTX 2060. Does it matter which one I download?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

The one thing I don't like about the Conviction video, is that it's almost too good.

Actually though, I have mixed feeling on this. On the one hand, it's pretty damn awesome for a video game tie in/pseudo commercial, but on the other it's almost actually good to the point of being a legitimate movie trailer. Almost. Or at best, parts of it look like a big budget Blomkamp film, yet parts also look like a much lower budget SyFy original. The javelin stuff is all him though.

Oh come the fuck on people. This is Bioware, of course there will be story elements in the game. That is what they are KNOWN for!

That's the problem. I think a lot of people might be going into this expecting typical Bioware quality regarding the story elements. But this isn't their typical kind of game, and their stories were not really what made their games so memorable anyway. It was the party member or NPC interactions. Their actual plots are typical hero worship fluff usually, but they usually had a stellar presentation of it. Bioware has been trying so hard to get people interested in their "funny NPCs" with this game that they likely aren't even actually all that funny, or at least what's surrounding them isn't going to be interesting enough that many will want to continue to care to interact with the NPCs. The whole "Your story takes place after each mission" just sounds like PR talk for "We don't really have much of a story, but we have a lot of mundane task givers with Yes/No options, so please be excited!"

Last edited:

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
I am very tempted but because I got scammed by Destiny 2 (altough these games are not related), I will wait couple of weeks to see what people are saying. It looks very inviting to me and could be comfy late-night grinding.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I keep saying it. I think that trailer ties in with this.

• There is a folk tale of the first cypher. It was a daughter of an Engineer, who "developed strange new abilities" not long after the Cataclysm. She could "see faraway things" or "talk directly into another's mind". Soon, Arcanists arrived and presented her with an experiment to help them test device that would amplify her gift. However, girl's mind "ventured too far from her body and became lost to the music of the Anthem of Creation". It is believed that "cyphers glimpse the engineer's daughter while in their amplifier".

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand what's going on in it. Maybe the game will help make sense of it.

Well, we do know in a general sense how the start of the actual game takes place (not from this short). I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the "big bad" in the game is the traitor in the video before assuming that role. If this actually is supposed to take place a long time prior to the game's actual story. Without knowing anything about Anthem's story though, that trailer told me absolutely nothing, and looked almost like a demo for something else.

I keep saying it. I think that trailer ties in with this.

Never saw this before, but that could easily fit with what was shown.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I have two versions of Anthem in my Library. One is the Legion of Dawn edition which is included with Origin Premiere, and the other is the standard edition that I got bundled with my RTX 2060. Does it matter which one I download?
If it lets you download both, either one will work. From experience, if a version doesn't qualify for early access, you won't have the option to download it.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sigh, so Origin is now stuck in offline mode and won't trigger back over even after a restart. Anyone had this issue?

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Hm

I've got to say the demo was one of the biggest disappointments I've experienced in awhile, so anyone gushing over this game will make me raise an eyebrow or two.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I've got to say I thoroughly enjoyed the demo, so anyone being critical of the game is going to make me raise an eyebrow or two

Jan 10, 2018
Has anyone shown any build for the Interceptor that is not so melee heavy? I'm not that fond of mashing triangle on enemies 90% of the time so it would be nice with some variation in builds.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
In 24 hours there will be tons of first hand impressions of how the game plays and feels out in the wild. Reviews are fine and good but we won't need to rely on them to know what is releasing on 2/22.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
In 24 hours there will be tons of first hand impressions of how the game plays and feels out in the wild. Reviews are fine and good but we won't need to rely on them to know what is releasing on 2/22.
Seriously, so many twitch streams and whatever will be up, literally showing every second of the game.
Don't know how reviews of people even still matter at this point

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont bother. BS clickbait vid

Theres nothing clickbaity about it. The guy is only saying that by the nature of the game, being a looter shooter with tons of systems and needing dozens of hours of play before forming an opinion, people should be weary of reviews that pop up very quickly after the game launches.

He actually doesnt say a single negative thing about the game.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
But isn't melee the whole point of the Interceptor???

Interceptor does have ranged abilities as well as guns, so if you wanted to use melee less, I'm sure there are components and builds for that style as well. What I don't think there will be are extreme range builds. Interceptor will likely always have to at least be somewhat close to its enemies to be the most effective, especially with its combo effect being an aura.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Theres nothing clickbaity about it. The guy is only saying that by the nature of the game, being a looter shooter with tons of systems and needing dozens of hours of play before forming an opinion, people should be weary of reviews that pop up very quickly after the game launches.

He actually doesnt say a single negative thing about the game.
Don't believe positive reviewers because they are all biased because he got blacklisted and they got free swag

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone shown any build for the Interceptor that is not so melee heavy? I'm not that fond of mashing triangle on enemies 90% of the time so it would be nice with some variation in builds.
There is definite potential with some of the spammable range abilities and hard-hitting weapons (i.e. Devastator) with the Elusive Talisman. I don't know of any specific video that depicts it but I'm almost entirely positive it'll be viable if you put in the work to build for it.

The thing is that its melee is a really damaging rapid-hit Detonator, and its Ult is melee-only. So it's pretty intrinsically geared toward it. If you don't want to rely on melee at all it's the wrong class.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't believe positive reviewers because they are all biased because he got blacklisted and they got free swag

Actually, he says dont believe rushed reviews because the game is of a particular genre that usually needs a lot more time to digest and form opinions of. He even says that he himself rushed a review about Warframe and ended up realizing this kind of game cant have reviews like that.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, he says dont believe rushed reviews because the game is of a particular genre that usually needs a lot more time to digest and form opinions of. He even says that he himself rushed a review about Warframe and ended up realizing this kind of game cant have reviews like that.
Fair enough

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I have an ebay coupon that would let me grab this for $35, but I had a very uninspiring experience in both demo weekends on the performance/bug front. It was mentioned that not all the 1000+ fixes in the launch build are in tomorrow, right? Some stuff is not until the actual launch on 2/22? The ebay coupon expires on 2/19 so I guess I can at least get a few days of early access impressions to see how things have improved.