• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I mean I knew it would happen, but I let the community vote and 52% of voters chose "GaaS Effect" as the title. At this point we kinda just have to move on and talk about the game, we have the live action short coming out in 15mins

There would have been no winning ifirez, whatever you did there would have been complaining or similar.. "the majority wanted Gaas Effect, but the community didnt have the self confidence and were too po-faced to choose it" or similar;)

Anyway, a touch to "trailerry" for my tastes given Oats Studios other short films, but enjoyable enough as an amuse-bouche

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
The release time in Origin is probably right and you'll be able to launch the executable, but the servers won't be up until tomorrow is my guess

*edit* I was wrong and bad at guessing

Last edited:

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Didn't love Conviction - think they mis-sold it as a short film instead of calling it a trailer so I was disappointed with what we got.

Though lol at the people acting like this is indicative of poor or missing story in the main game.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
It's interesting that the Monitor's armor color in Conviction is blue whereas in the actual game it's yellow.

Really enjoyed it though.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I noticed that the Urgoth helmets look exactly like the one bioware has in their studio (some dev posted a photo of it on twitter), maybe they're connected to the shapers or something. The guns they use look very high-tech.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thought Storm would play a bigger part in Conviction seen as it seems to be linked to the world of Anthem more than any of the other javelins - seems my main Inty was the focus towards the end?!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I noticed that the Urgoth helmets look exactly like the one bioware has in their studio (some dev posted a photo of it on twitter), maybe they're connected to the shapers or something. The guns they use look very high-tech.
I...don't think you see any Urgoth in this
s9skbmwpvze21.png

Top right picture is what I presume an Urgoth being killed by human slaves

Bulletzen

Oct 30, 2017
I bought 1 months access to Origin Premier just for the demo, and ultimately wasn't too keen on it. I understand it was an older build, so I'm interested to try it out tomorrow. It's competing for my time with Metro: Exodus though....ah! First world problems! Love it!

Oct 30, 2017
United States

Thank you for the kind words Shy! It has been a while since I have been this excited about a new IP, and iFirez has not only been kind enough to bless us with two OTs and several charts for the community, but we also always have a blast discussing all of the gameplay mechanics and theorycrafting ideas that Bioware has created in Anthem :) We also have an great AnthemERA community!

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Very nice work on the OT!

I was initially pretty hyped for the game, but ultimately decided to skip... for now. The demo/beta didn't impress me, and this seems to be the type of game that needs a heavy time investment (which I no longer have).

Either way, I will watch this thread with a close eye. Good luck to everyone jumping in tomorrow, hope it's fun :D

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Didn't love Conviction - think they mis-sold it as a short film instead of calling it a trailer so I was disappointed with what we got.

Though lol at the people acting like this is indicative of poor or missing story in the main game.

It's tough to really quantify what Conviction is. A trailer is by definition:
a series of extracts from a film or broadcast, used for advanced publicity.

give advance publicity to (a film, broadcast, or proposal) by releasing extracts or selected details.

Conviction kind of fits the bill for these but it also isn't showing scenes from something larger like a trailer often does. There's is no long form film nor will we see a bigger version of this ingame. It sits in a strange place. It's basically a short film edited like a trailer.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting that the Monitor's armor color in Conviction is blue whereas in the actual game it's yellow

It could be a monitor and not The Monitor. Or... fashions change, even in the Dominion.

is anyone else in here going to be playing Anthem as a solo player?
Only early days. I don't want the people I'll play with rushing me through the story campaign just to get to the stuff we'll do together, so the first days I'll be a loner (well, as much as you can with this game).

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

I don't have close friends playing so other than my kid, I will need folks to play with. Hoping drop ins will be quality like they were with Mass Effect Multiplayer. I don't have discord but I guess I should learn about it if I want to team up with ERA folks?

My PSN is NattyBo1985 if you want to add me, just put something about Anthem/Era in the message lol

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I've just been reading through all the lore and I gotta say I am tempted to do the story missions solo and then open up to group content for strongholds/contracts etc. afterwards.

Even in the demo there was a lot of comms while out on mission with peeps back at Fort Tarsis and I could barely read or listen to the damn things because the rest of the squad was inevitably already in the thick of the fighting and I felt FOMO cos of that and felt I needed to assist.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Conviction is here

In Anthem, players must venture into an evolving, living world and battle the dangers that threaten the safety of the people in Fort Tarsis. Through exploring the world, completing missions, and protecting humanity, players are introduced to intriguing characters and a unique BioWare story.

In Conviction, Academy Award-nominated director of District 9, Elysium, and Chappie Neill Blomkamp (with Oats Studios), explores the vast world of BioWare's Anthem through a new narrative set decades before the beginning of the game. Neill's live-action short is a chance to see the world of Anthem through a different lens, with stunning locations, new characters, and a new story.

Wow, that was fucking great!

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
That Conviction short is alright but honestly I think it kinda misses the point of the Javelins as they don't look fluid and agile in the video but seem clunky and slow.

Anyways, how much is the game download on PC?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty meh. Wish they tempered expectations, I was expecting an actual coherent narrative rather than a trailer.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

You can't even solo for almost all of the content in the game.

AFAIK, you can really only go private for story missions. Strongholds are all co-op only and is probably better to co-op as the content is designed as a co-op mission. Free roam you can "ignore" other players, but you can't set the instance to private.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Conviction felt a little hamfisted to me. Maybe because of how it was edited like a trailer rather than an actual short. Visually it was as great as I'd come to expect from Blomkamp though.

Spartan

Nov 14, 2018
Just to let people know, cdkeys has X1 standard for £45.99, LoD edition for £49.99, and standard pc edition for £35.99. Preordered my LoD edition ;o)

Game are doing the standard edition for £49.99 with an exclusive skin, on both X1 and PS4.
Not sure if it's still valid but with code JAVELIN10 at checkout you get £10 off any edition at GAME. Got my standard version for £39.99.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
The conviction trailer felt like a second rate live action destiny trailer. Some parts were great others pretty bad

Oct 30, 2017
United States

I plan on doing the story solo, and use random matchmaking for strongholds / freeplay until I hit level 30! Then I plan on hoping into grandmaster difficulty with my regular crew.

One thing i would recommend is check out iFirez's ability chart in the OT!! Understanding the combo system and gearing your Javelin appropriately to perform combos will be a huge factor to playing the game solo effectively