• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, bummer to see that the release got bumped/corrected. Just yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to see the game was gonna be up on Thursday lol

Oh well, close enough. Lovely OT! :D

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm highly considering a month of Premier for the early access. The timing is just right with a four day weekend for me.

Any idea on player base numbers for PC? I usually play these sorts of games on PS4.

Synbios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty excited despite the uneven beta. I hope the story is somewhat interesting.

I guess I'll be one of a million Storms out there.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
So has this not been posted yet?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/380170243##

They show the new mission selection screen. It now starts with you selecting what content you want instead of having to go into the nonsense map.
It was talked about quite a bit in the running pre-release thread. It had ended already when the OT went up, so that talk had already sort of run its course there.

While it's still a bit of a hodgepodge, the flow of that IS better than it was in the beta demo. I figure they'll keep iterating on it through different updates as they add activities and figure out what "flow" works best.

Also, official OT hype! I am THIS || close to just buying a month of Premier so I can play this over the weekend.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone who got it to work PM me the discord link? I tired replying to, and quoting, the first post like it say I'm still just seeing "hidden content".

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Things that don't work

- trying to open AnthemTrial.exe from the Anthem folder.
- renaming AnthemTrial.exe to Anthem.exe, then trying to run that from the Anthem folder.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Phenomenal job on the OT iFirez! Thank you for all the hard work you and others have been putting in to get this community up and running on the right foot.

Still think the OT should have been *Redacted*
;)

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the other thread was saying Anthem would unlock on the 14th at like 5 EST, but the OP is saying 10 AM on the 15th?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hold up...

EA Access folks who can play on Friday CAN'T preload?

This is... something else man.
That's either a weird oversight because we're technically a "trial", or the pettiest way of pushing Premiere. Oh well, still gonna have it downloaded and ten hours into it before launch day but ehhhhh...

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
can't wait to start playing on the 22nd...no Early Access for me but that's OK because Metro Exodus is coming out this Friday...have fun with your 7 day head start freelancers

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this game! I took off the 27th for it.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So has this not been posted yet?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/380170243##

They show the new mission selection screen. It now starts with you selecting what content you want instead of having to go into the nonsense map.
It's such a small but very important change.

SWegfYd.png

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to the OST, and it's pretty fucking good. Reminds me of a mix of all of the styles Bioware has done across the years.

Edit: and I guess this would be why.

Sarah Schachner, who previously composed Assassin's Creed Origins, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, has been announced as the composer for BioWare's upcoming title Anthem.

In addition to those scores, Schachner has collaborated for games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, as well as movies like Iron Man 3, John Dies at the End, and The Expendables 2. Her work was also featured in a trailer for Game of Thrones season 5.

According to BioWare, she will create "evocative time-travelling and intergalactic scores" that "will create the perfect backdrop for rocketing around in a javelin and exploring Anthem's dangerous world."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this. I think im going to be playing the Ranger class after watching a bunch of footage of all the different classes. I probably will end up picking something else for the endgame stuff, but Ranger looks like itll be the most fun for my playstyle.

FreelancERA Discord
For those looking for a link to the FreelancERA Discord, reply to this thread and you should see it below:
(Replying for Discord invite)
EDIT: Got it, thanks!

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to the OST, and it's pretty fucking good. Reminds me of a mix of all of the styles Bioware has done across the years.

Edit: and I guess this would be why.
Just wondering where you listened to the OST? Just random youtube or has it had an actual release?
Keen to check it out.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to the freelancers theme and this OST will def my jam.
EA OSTs are usually pretty great, Mass Effect 1 + 2, Battelfield 4 etc. This sounds promising as well.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So, I pre-ordered on the Xbox store awhile ago but now I'm down for getting EA Access so I can access it early. As long as it's preloaded I'm good for tomorrow?

Yes, you should be good to go, but you only have 10 hours. Once you use those 10 hours you then have to wait till the 22nd. In addition, some games with EA Access will also cut off at a certain point in the game. For example, in one of the games that had the 10 hours, I was playing and got to about hour 6 and the game said that I could not progress further until the release of the game. So some games with the 10 hours access are 10 hours or until you get to a certain point. No one knows if Athem has the same thing, but it is possible.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT. Hope the game is great too. Not buying this until we know the game is worth it. If the story is serviceable and solo players can easily find rando's to play with it is an easy buy for me.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Great OT. Hope the game is great too. Not buying this until we know the game is worth it. If the story is serviceable and solo players can easily find rando's to play with it is an easy buy for me.
Doubt it on the former based on all the dialogue from the demos and footage (hopefully I'm wrong but we'll see), but as to the latter, the game is automatching you with people for every activity. You have to go out of your way to play solo. At least in the opening weeks/months, finding people will be easy, which is good because the times when I've lost people to connection problems and was alone or with a single partner, it got a bit unmanageable to keep up with the enemy spawn rates and whatnot.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it on the former based on all the dialogue from the demos and footage (hopefully I'm wrong but we'll see), but as to the latter, the game is automatching you with people for every activity. You have to go out of your way to play solo. At least in the opening weeks/months, finding people will be easy, which is good because the times when I've lost people to connection problems and was alone or with a single partner, it got a bit unmanageable to keep up with the enemy spawn rates and whatnot.

This is great to hear (gameplay anyway). Glad that this game was designed with auto-matchmaking in mind.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of auto-matchmaking, did they ever mention anything about text chat? It would be quite helpful in communicating in freeplay and strongholds.