• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
It's like Destiny. You're sitting and wondering "how does this sustain itself for potentially years? What is the catch? Is this ALL it is?"

Yeah, I think that's the feeling I'm having right now.
Destiny 2 on PC had the best gunplay I've ever experienced ... but (at least for me) there was no real feeling of actual reward, when all you get is encrypted cubes of random items that all feel the exact same :/

Will have to do some research on Anthem itemization and progression

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I think that's the feeling I'm having right now.
Destiny 2 on PC had the best gunplay I've ever experienced ... but (at least for me) there was no real feeling of actual reward, when all you get is encrypted cubes of random items that all feel the exact same :/

Will have to do some research on Anthem itemization and progression
There is a great dev stream recently that dealt with loot and itemisation.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Another trailer that looks like the same like most of the other stuff that they put out.

It really feels like the game gonna be 10 different jungle missions that almost look the same in terms of environment variety.
That's basically my main concern about the game as well. I hope there's a lot more than what they show, even though everything they've shown looks absolutely fantastic

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Not being an ass, but are there different biomes or does everything take place in the jungle setting? It's the only thing I've seen, but I admittedly haven't followed every content drop, trying to avoid overhyping like I did with Destiny.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not being an ass, but are there different biomes or does everything take place in the jungle setting? It's the only thing I've seen, but I admittedly haven't followed every content drop, trying to avoid overhyping like I did with Destiny.
Well, they have been super tight lipped about what the zones are like, so we have seen mostly forest areas, open water zones, underground cave systems etc. I get the feeling that radically different looking zones will be kept for updates that expand on what the Shapers have been up to.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Graphically it is looking very nice, although I do feel the art design is a bit conservative. Nevertheless, it is beautiful.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Parts of the trailer game a Xenoblade X vibe which is a very good thing but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was looking at Prettier-environment-Destiny.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Parts of the trailer game a Xenoblade X vibe which is a very good thing but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was looking at Prettier-environment-Destiny.

These Destiny comment are so weird that people just take the more know shooter looter then the actual comparision to other games. Its alot more Warframe then Destiny in the same genre.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
So, is there like, actual story here?

I am trying to decide if to pre-order.
If story, yes, otherwise no.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to see some Bioware in this game before I get hyped. Show me some story, character interactions, dialog trees, rpg shit...anything.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
These Destiny comment are so weird that people just take the more know shooter looter then the actual comparision to other games. Its alot more Warframe then Destiny in the same genre.
Destiny will always be mentioned in every looter - shooter game, partly because its the biggest amongst them, it set the trend for the generation. Like how every open world sandbox game used to be a GTA clone.

I think Anthem is more Monster Hunter than Destiny tbh.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
The more I see the ironman style of flying/hovering the less I like it. It's a minor complaint though. The annoying com-tech guy that we see in the closed alpha is a bigger concern for me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Believe we have never seen this enemy before. Only seen "aliens' before.

BountifulNippyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really need to see some Bioware in this game before I get hyped. Show me some story, character interactions, dialog trees, rpg shit...anything.

Story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZizDqnz7oY

Characters Interactions and dialog trees:

https://youtu.be/yEQxR4kN0Ps?t=1009
https://youtu.be/u2uJPeuUeMQ?t=652

RPG shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivGNly4umo8&t=267s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHW9bmaZqLI&t=1312s

Anything:

What Anthem is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBUlFOhFks
Strongholds (dungeons): https://youtu.be/p-nKttWT7JM
Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye3aF_eNtUQ

There's obviously more stuff they haven't shown yet. These are just samples.

Oct 31, 2017
I've played way more Destiny and Warframe than I probably should have. I feel like I should be excited for this, especially since some of my fondest gaming memories ever have been from Bioware titles. Something just feels off about all this. Hoping for that open beta or demo. As I said in a previous post, if my Destiny pals get it I'll jump in and they'll get my money otherwise but I've got a pretty big "wait and see" buzzer going off in the back of my head and I can't put my finger on it. Should dig through the main Anthem thread for a bit and perhaps my fears will be assuaged.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've played way more Destiny and Warframe than I probably should have. I feel like I should be excited for this, especially since some of my fondest gaming memories ever have been from Bioware titles. Something just feels off about all this. Hoping for that open beta or demo. As I said in a previous post, if my Destiny pals get it I'll jump in and they'll get my money otherwise but I've got a pretty big "wait and see" buzzer going off in the back of my head and I can't put my finger on it. Should dig through the main Anthem thread for a bit and perhaps my fears will be assuaged.
There is a lack of mystique.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Man, that seriously looks great, doubt my PC could make it look like that though, I only have a 1060

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Really? The game is full of mystique.
I don't know, I wish there was more in the way of space magic, it seems pretty grounded in an overtly mechanical way. I had the same issue with Division.

I guess a cool lore community can rally round to give it that sense of an ever-present greater power at play.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

This matches my thoughts pretty much perfectly. Given how many hours I've put into games like this I should be a lot more excited, but something just seems off.

From a technical perspective this looks impressive as hell, but I don't feel like I've seen a lot that really sets itself apart visually, in contrast to the environmental design of Destiny or the unique character design of Warframe. Still anxiously awaiting this game and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there's been much variety in what we've seen.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Looks great. Bummer that it's an online game. I would love to see some kind of open world singleplayer of this.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
"We are working with Nvidia to bring DLSS technology to Anthem"

No mention of RTX, Ray Tracing is dead.
Both tech is in its infancy, but where fuss actually is meant to improve performance, Ray tracing is a huge performance suck. It's gonna take time for it to be practical. Especially in open world games.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
has there been any real look about how much content is in the game?

I'm getting Destiny 1/2 vibes and I'm afraid that after the first week I'll already be out of stuff to do.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The more i see of this game the further it strays from bioware pedigree (baldur's gate, KOTOR, ME and dragon age).
Is a SP RPG with choices too much to ask for?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No one should be buying a thread ripper for gaming. They're not designed for that.

A 2700x can work, which is Ryzen but 9900k is the best option negating price differences. Let's see what AMD shows at CES though.

Ahh see.
Just planning my Anthem build for when I win the lottery.
So a 9900K and two RTX Titans should get me decent performance with DLSS 4K+ in this
Believe we have never seen this enemy before. Only seen "aliens' before.

BountifulNippyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif
The environment looks super detailed and the particle effects oooofff.
I really need to get m preorder in check.
Hoping the community supports this game....let it drive my gaming for the rest of the year.....till Gears 5 drops.

Im really hoping this game is decently optimized across the board.
Ive only got a GTX 1070 and an 8700K if I cant get locked 60 with atleast particles maxed im be so sad when my lottery numbers dont come through.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Hard pass for me

No interest in multiplayer, might pick it up when it's cheap just to play the story missions solo

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I still like what I am seeing but man .... I'm getting really weird vibes from everything that has been shown about Anthem so far...
I cannot explain it, this game looks like it could be perfect for me, I really want to be hyped but ... I'm not?!

Will wait for the PC demo, I guess.

Yeh I'm super superstitious about this game. Getting destiny vibes (in the sense that things were going terribly wrong behind the scenes). It's polished looking and showy, but I have a feeling it'll have very little content and the core gameplay loop is going to get repetitive. The story seems stronger than destiny's but still generic as hell.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still like what I am seeing but man .... I'm getting really weird vibes from everything that has been shown about Anthem so far...
I cannot explain it, this game looks like it could be perfect for me, I really want to be hyped but ... I'm not?!

Will wait for the PC demo, I guess.

Thats where I'm at. This game should be for me but...I'm just not hyped...like at all.

I don't know why.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
The more i see of this game the further it strays from bioware pedigree (baldur's gate, KOTOR, ME and dragon age).
Is a SP RPG with choices too much to ask for?

Counter question: Is it too much to ask for that a studio which has made 15 published SP RPGs (plus many expansions, DLCs and cancelled games) be allowed to try something new for once?

I find it weird when we expect that creatives be forced to keep doing the same thing they have done many, many times until the end of their days.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic about the game, seeing as Bioware will surely have worked out what Bungie did wrong and they will hopefully avoid making the same mistakes.