• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I think it's amazing, that EA managed to find a way to get their customers buying expensive versions/subscribe to their ea access thing, to betatest a game.

lol

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
While the new patch has fixed my hdr issues (I can now run it in full screen wiothout getting a purple screen), it has totally broken v sync and it is not locked to 60 fps anymore and is instead around 62-63 fps. Has anyone found a fix? The game is more or less unplayable for me now... b6 oled 2080 ti

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I think it's amazing, that EA managed to find a way to get their customers buying expensive versions/subscribe to their ea access thing, to betatest a game.

lol
I don't see that as anything special honestly, paid early access games aren't some novel thing. We've had those for quite a while. Some games that even had paid early access but f2p launch.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
This patch is very good I have to admit. Xbox one x performance is very close to a locked 30 now and these tomb quest things are unlocking rapidly.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't see that as anything special honestly, paid early access games aren't some novel thing. We've had those for quite a while. Some games that even had paid early access but f2p launch.

Early Access normally means: lower prices and longer periods of development until it finally releases.

I shouldn't have called it beta testing though, it's more like stress testing... hilarious.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
While the new patch has fixed my hdr issues (I can now run it in full screen wiothout getting a purple screen), it has totally broken v sync and it is not locked to 60 fps anymore and is instead around 62-63 fps. Has anyone found a fix? The game is more or less unplayable for me now... b6 oled 2080 ti
Use RTSS to set framecap to 60, or force vsync through Nvidia control panel, don't use the option in-game.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else noticed higher CPU usage on Ryzen (and higher temperature on CPU) after this patch?

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
Use RTSS to set framecap to 60, or force vsync through Nvidia control panel, don't use the option in-game.

neither works. Even if I use RTSS frame-up to 60, I get stutter and drops that are neither GPU or CPU related and the origin fps display show 62-63 fps (even when RTSS show 60). Do you have the same problem with the in game v sync? and if this was the case, did the Nvidia control panel v sync work for you? If that is the case, then I will try reinstalling the Nvidia control panel when I come home after work today.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
I still think Bioware didn't want to release the game now but were forced by EA because they were taking so much time and using too much money in EA's opinion.
So they rushed a lot of stuff in order to get all the pieces glued together and that's what we have here. I really don't think Bioware would want to release this as is.

I hope someday, maybe jason schreier, can find out what happened and put out an article. I'm still waiting on a book dedicated to Destiny, titled "wtf happened".

Goldenhen

Oct 27, 2017
Sydney
Man this game really need triple buffering v-sync enable as option. I tried to add triple buffering line in .ini setting and it doesn't seem to work at all. Also need resolution modifier slider too.

Can't believe it because Mass Effect Andromeda has those graphic setting options available from day one.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Why are they sharing their list of bugs? The game is still in development right?

;)

Jun 1, 2018
there are literally new accounts that have over 500+ upvotes on their subreddit that praise the game (and the other subreddit they are active is apexlegends) ... coincidence? i dont think so

bighugeguns

Banned
Feb 21, 2019
To be completely fair, the loading is improved. The longest load I saw since the patch was 80 seconds (expedition screen to mission), whereas before it wasn't unusual to go just under 120 seconds.

Hey not bad, so there are improvements at least, I don't know why I just couldn't stop laughing at that thread, that whole sub is something else.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
They fixed HDR on the LG TV's for PC players? That's surprising. What about Dolby Vision?

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have timed my loading screens after the patch and they are now between 10 - 15 seconds.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's still pretty bad and the screens are just as frequent as before, but there are some improvements.
(And also a plethora of new issues, apparently, plus worse performance across the board on PC).
I...just can't fathom what went so wrong with this game? I mean HOW?

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
They fixed HDR on the LG TV's for PC players? That's surprising. What about Dolby Vision?

Yes it is fixed. HDR10 now works correctly both in full screen and borderless on my LG oled. There is no option for dolby vision though, and v-sync is broken which makes the game more or less unplayable for me at the moment since the frame rate is stuck at 62-63 fps causing lots of stuttering. V-sync worked perfectly for me before the day one patch.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where's the lie, though?

People that bought in to play the game eight days early got saddled with a buggy mess of a game with broken progression and PS1-era loading times.

I played it launch weekend on PC for around 25 hours and it was absolutely fine for me outside of the long loading times. Not saying there wasn't issues but I've actually experienced more bugs post patch along with PC framerate drops that weren't there before the patch lol :P

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's still pretty bad and the screens are just as frequent as before, but there are some improvements.
(And also a plethora of new issues, apparently, plus worse performance across the board on PC).
how in the world would they be able to change that in a game they developed for this long at all, anyway? Seems very unlikely

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
Went from around a dozen crashes in my first 8 hours of play to none in the last 2 hours of my trial. Looks like the patch fixed my biggest problem.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I stopped playing and was waiting for the patch because performance was poor, I'll have to try it for myself but if performance has actually got worse then that'll push it into "delete off harddrive" territory.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I've experienced more bugs post patch then before. PC performance in the world (uncertain about Tarsis, maybe no change) has deteriorated but that may be due to the games weather effects hitting performance. There's been a storm perpetually raging on the map since pre-patch and still going. Then again they certainly made some changes to nvidia cards as they turned off the buggy Sli.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So the story and missions are still generic trash right?
Nope, they replaced the story in a patch. New cutscenes, dialogue and everything. Even some voice actors didn't get to reprise their roles with the new writing, they went all in with this. Blomkamp is the new director for the cutscenes. Daniel Day-Lewis came back from his retirement to play Matthias, I heard he improvised all his lines.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Nope, they replaced the story in a patch. New cutscenes, dialogue and everything. Even some voice actors didn't get to reprise their roles with the new writing, they went all in with this. Blomkamp is the new director for the cutscenes. Daniel Day-Lewis came back from his retirement to play Matthias, I heard he improvised all his lines.

My review was a mistake.

juventino13

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart
I still think Bioware didn't want to release the game now but were forced by EA because they were taking so much time and using too much money in EA's opinion.
So they rushed a lot of stuff in order to get all the pieces glued together and that's what we have here. I really don't think Bioware would want to release this as is.

I hope someday, maybe jason schreier, can find out what happened and put out an article. I'm still waiting on a book dedicated to Destiny, titled "wtf happened".
I'd hardly call 6 years of development rushed. Stop blaming EA for Bioware's issues

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hopelessly waiting for the patch that removes loading screens. They are seriously the worst implementation I've seen in a long time, and the main reason I'm not getting the game until there is a deep discount.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So is this patch live on X? Does it address load times?