• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Are you able to change weapons or gear mid mission or in Freeplay?
Nope. If you are in freeplay and want to change your loadout and get back into freeplay, you are subjected to four separate loading screens, two of which are often more than 3 minutes and 1 of which has about a 30 percent fail rate which forces you back to the title screen, at which point you will need to go through about four more load screens to get back into the freeplay, one of which has a high fail rate, etc etc ad infinitum.

If your luck is bad, the process of getting out of freeplay, changing your loadout and getting back into freeplay could take about 30 mintues lol.

Oct 30, 2017
I just assumed if you had plus 10 damage with machine pistol on your assault rifle it meant that you would get that bonus if you happen to equip that weapon as your secondary.

OP
OP
Anton Sugar

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, at least you don't have to go through multiple loading screens to change your equipment.
I don't disagree, but really, they need to:
  • Reduce overall load times
  • Reduce Forge load time to be completely negligible (currently takes 5-6 seconds on X1, sometimes 3-4 if you're lucky)
  • Add a training area where you can test weapons/loadouts at and/or add loadout changes available at Striders or other points
It will never be a game that lets you change weapons on the fly and that's not a bad thing. I am pretty sure the actual amount of steps required to change gear in Warframe, MH:W (outside of camps), and Anthem are the exact same, it's just that Anthem's load times are mostly unbearable so it feels like bad design, when it's just bad performance.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Wont this make the end game end quicker?

If end of end game was getting MWs and Legendaries you want or need then game ended for a lots of people week ago.

For many who play looter shooter like this end game is about chasing those God rolls or something that is close to it, inching closer to it over time. This change makes getting such God roll easier by few Billion drops with plenty left in the tank. There is still plenty to farm for.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If end of end game was getting MWs and Legendaries you want or need then game ended for a lots of people week ago.

For many who play looter shooter like this end game is about chasing those God rolls or something that is close to it, inching closer to it over time. This change makes getting such God roll easier by few Billion drops with plenty left in the tank. There is still plenty to farm for.

Yep. And is welcome, because otherwise the grind was too ridiculous to improve those rolls....

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agreed with you up until this point.

lol yeah, they get no bonus points for fixing this mess of a game. Yesterday, I was doing a legendary contract in a group of 4 and past the first phase, we couldn't progress cause the tethering system decided we couldn't move forward towards the waypoint. It kept bringing us backwards. It honestly feels like every aspect of this game is broken. Seriously, what the hell happen during developpement, it's like they didn't playtest at all.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I suppose if you start at rock bottom, it is easy to make it seem like you are improving things.

Well.. you are improving?

If someone can't run mile without walking etc. during and week from now can will you say to them "You just seem like improving your shape because you started from the rock bottom, but you really aren't" as that is basically sentiment of your post?

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone loves a good redemption narrative.

But it goes without saying there must be some serious internal issues at Bioware if 6 years of development brought what it did and now within weeks changes are going out. What is beta testing? What is QA? What is public beta testing? How do some of the initial decisions make it past a sea of developers and designers?

Why do studios keep making the same mistakes that other studios make and have to fix?

But anyway, good luck Bioware.

Oct 26, 2017
Well.. you are improving?

If someone can't run mile without walking etc. during and week from now can will you say to them "You just seem like improving your shape because you started from the rock bottom, but you really aren't" as that is basically sentiment of your post?

I'm saying that Bioware should be better than this, they haven't been in game dev for a week. I'm not going to praise them for performing well below their expected level.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
wake me up when they make the loot exciting. Same looking weapons, zero armor. Also the way the loot reveals at the end of a session is just dumb

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you will about the game, but BioWare has been killing it with communication and some quick responses. Not excusing the problems mind you, just pleased to see the effort they're putting in.
I currently have zero interest in this game but it sounds like so far they're doing what has to be done if this game is going to go anywhere. So good for them. I hope they can keep at it.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks goodness. It was incredibly dopey to pick up a shiny new grenande launcher just to find it gives a boost to pistol damage or something.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't get it. Hell they could have copy and pasted some models from Mass Effect and literally nobody would have complained.

Not only this but ME3, especially with the multiplayer, had some really inspired weaponry. All of which looked unique and played differently, even among the same class of weapon.

You usually had 3-4 options per weapon class that could be chosen based on how you play your class. They don't need to import the models over, per se, but doubling down on some of those ideas would add some much needed variety.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What people are praising is how fast Bioware are reacting and working on fixes. That is quite impressive. Especially compared to the competition in this genre.

It is a breath of fresh air. Compare it to Bungie;

Players: Hey there's this serious issue severely impacting the game and making it less fun.

Bungie: We're listening!

-three months of silence pass-

Bungie: Hey guys, buy our new expansion where we make all the changes and fix all the problems while not at all making new ones we won't respond to. Only $39.99!

Or...

Players: Hey we found this minor issue that sort of effects the eververse and...

Bungie: HOTFIX INCOMING in 10 minutes! Please buy our microtransactions!

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I am so looking forward to how this game pans out, been a blast so far!

Only issue is wanting more designs for my Colossus.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So they are fixing rolls like this one?

cLBLHio_d.jpg

That's a start.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
  • As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
  • Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players

This isn't really helping if i understand the problem correctly.

In the Angry Joe Review one of his buddies (dell?) said he earned around 30 masterwork embers in 70 hours of gameplay. That's not ok imo. Especially as the stats are random. You could get shit after 70 hours...

I know this stuff from Diablo 3 hardcore runs but there it wasn't nearly as bad and you couldn't buy crafting stuff with real money.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
This should never have been a problem in the first place. You should never get a modifier on a weapon that does absolutely nothing. I appreciate that they've managed to fix it in such a short time, but I'm not going to applaud them for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. I didn't applaud Bungie when it came to similar issues in Destiny 2 either. Hopefully they continue to fix issues, add content, and polish the game and maybe in a few months I'll jump back in because after 52 hours I just don't have any desire to keep playing it.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing this game launched like this in the first place. It's great that they're not going to have completely random drops going forward though. That shit sucks to get a drop that you class can use but it doesn't really help you at all.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is a good step in the right direction, and nice to see how swiftly it's come.

I'd really like to see them resolve some of the game's bugs though. I literally can't have a session without encountering any of the game's infuriating bugs. Crashes, boot back to menu, unresponsive use button etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you able to change weapons or gear mid mission or in Freeplay?
It is a breath of fresh air. Compare it to Bungie;

Players: Hey there's this serious issue severely impacting the game and making it less fun.

Bungie: We're listening!

-three months of silence pass-

Bungie: Hey guys, buy our new expansion where we make all the changes and fix all the problems while not at all making new ones we won't respond to. Only $39.99!

Or...

Players: Hey we found this minor issue that sort of effects the eververse and...

Bungie: HOTFIX INCOMING in 10 minutes! Please buy our microtransactions!

The issue is just how much shit is in dire need of a fix. It should have never released in that state. These are not just things players. This is broken shit that never should have shipped. I'm not commending them for doing their job. Game is dead otherwise.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
The game released to the general public last Friday, and Bioware will have released two patches, and a loot fix, in less than a week. To me, that is encouraging, and bodes well for the future of the game.

literally nobody would have complained.

You underestimate the power of the internet.

• Reduce Forge load time to be completely negligible (currently takes 5-6 seconds on X1)
Five whole seconds?

I don't mean to diminish your entire point. I do agree that overall loading could be more seamless. Five seconds into the forge isn't something I ever even thought about. I'm reading all these comments where people are making it out to be some game breaking nonsense, "uninstalled!" and I'm just like 🤔 never really noticed it.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I'm pretty optimistic they'll fix most of the issues with the game. The real key is whether they can make enough content in terms of story expansions, new missions, new strongholds and so on at a pace to keep me and others playing. I'm loving the game, but I'm not at end game yet and can only play the same content hoping for better loot (even if games have good loot) so long before getting bored.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remove the tomb challenge requirements. Im not gonna do them so until those have been removed, I ain't continue playing the game.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I hope they stick with it. Did the final mission last night and it was everything this game promised to be.

Remove the tomb challenge requirements. Im not gonna do them so until those have been removed, I ain't continue playing the game.

They've already changed them to be retroactive, so basically everyone has them 90% fulfilled by the time they hit that quest. For others who started early, it's seriously like an hour or two of just playing the game, contracts, free play missions etc.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If you still have a bunch of sidequests and other stuff to do, you will pretty much end up completing most of the requirements. Plus it will help you level up more before finishing the campaign, so you wont have a ton of grinding to do once you do finish. The only thing you might have to do is World Events and Chests, which are basically the same thing since chests drop at the end of each World Event.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Are there more than one of these? Because the ones i did was basically completed already (missed around 5 quests and 4 world events). Took me all of 15 mins in Freeplay to complete.

I hope you're not serious if you think that's too much.

They just sort of happen organically if you play freeplay for a little bit. The only one I didn't get at first and had to "do" actively was the "open treasure chests" one. But that's my fault for not knowing how freeplay and world events worked. So I needed 7 chests and realized, "oh, complete the world event = open treasure chest. So I focused on that for a bit and it was easy.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Happy about this update, got a fair few Masterworks now but so many of the stat bonuses are useless to my setup. Also happy at how quick Bioware are responding and their communication post release, doesn't excuse the actual state the game was released in but good to see they are still working on it. Either way I'm still having fun freelancing with my friends and looking forward to some content updates.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you still have a bunch of sidequests and other stuff to do, you will pretty much end up completing most of the requirements. Plus it will help you level up more before finishing the campaign, so you wont have a ton of grinding to do once you do finish. The only thing you might have to do is World Events and Chests, which are basically the same thing since chests drop at the end of each World Event.

I did everything of side quests and stuff, so that did indeed help, but Im not even gonna bother looking up what "world events" are and those other things.

Freeplay is extremely boring for me.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I did everything of side quests and stuff, so that did indeed help, but Im not even gonna bother looking up what "world events" are and those other things.

World events are just the little missions that pop up when exploring in free roam that spawn a chest when you finish them. Basically like public events in Destiny.

If you find that stuff boring I'd just quit. They are unlikely to take out that challenge for the tombs and farming chests in free play is one of the main ways to chase gear in the current endgame, along with playing the strongholds over and over.

There's nothing to "look up". Just fly for a minute or two and your Cypher comes over the Com and updates you with a location. Go rip that location up and that's it. I did most of it solo no problem.

eloxx

Oct 30, 2017
bern, switzerland
Great news. I am so glad that they listen. The responses from Bioware on Reddit are also a nice thing.

I still have so much fun with the game since the launch last friday. I strongly believe that in 1-2 years we will laugh at the launch of Anthem, because the game is here to stay.