• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Via reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/avm9yn/anthem_loot_update/

Hey All,

First off, thank you for all the feedback around loot drops, this is what we have heard:
  • Many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to
  • Due to this, players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a "good one"
  • Players want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help with the above OR…
  • They want us to change how masterwork inscriptions work so that they are more "useful"
There is more feedback, the above is a summary.

This is our plan for changes to go live on February 28th or March 1st (central US time)
  • Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
    • This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
    • If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
    • For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
    • Some more information below
  • Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
    • This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that's that.
  • We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
    • As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
    • Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players

Additional inscription change details

Its hard to write a short version of this, but I'm going to try. If we need to add more information later we can do that…
  • Current: There are a large pool of inscription options available to roll on items, the inscription pools are generic (e.g. Weapons)
    • Every masterwork item has 4 inscriptions – Major Primary, Minor Primary, Major Secondary, Minor Secondary
  • Change: Each item type now has a specific set of inscription options for each of their inscription pools. The pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type
    • E.g. there used to be a Weapon pool, now there is an Assault Rifle pool and the assault rifle pool has 4 pools for each of the inscription types listed above
    • Primary inscriptions are focused on damage or survivability
      • Any item specific inscriptions (gear icon) will always benefit the item they are on
      • Javelin wide inscriptions (suit icon) will benefit damage or survivability across the whole Javelin
    • Secondary inscriptions focus on utility and can be targeted to the item (gear icon) or the entire javelin (suit icon)
There are likely a bunch of questions, we will read through the comments and if we need an additional post to clarify things, we can work on that.

Thanks again for all of your support

Ben

This game is only going to survive if it has a lot of developer attention. Here we go!
MvjAty2.gif

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Say what you will about the game, but BioWare has been killing it with communication and some quick responses. Not excusing the problems mind you, just pleased to see the effort they're putting in.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who just got to 30 yesterday and only has a couple masterworks so far this loot update sounds great. Hopefully they can do enough to keep the player base around because I really like the game and want it to survive.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really want their game to succeed and seem really quick to respond to player feedback.

Night and day difference coming from DICE with Battlefield / Battlefront. There is a heartfelt passion here with Anthem that is absent in those :/

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I am happy with the communication from the team. Granted, some of the issues should have not been in the game in the first place. I do appreciate them working to get things right. While this is only one aspect of the issues that many players that are in the upper levels are experiencing, it sounds like a good fix. Looking forward to the update and also what they have for the next patch to address some of the other issues.

Loving the game myself, I think the story, characters and gameplay are great. They have some of the best in-game cut scenes I have seen in a while. I am still early, Level 11 pilot and just really digging it. While I have not encountered a lot of issues, I have some like the broken missions when going into quick play and of course there could always be better improvements to frame rate and such.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really am enjoying Anthem, but these fixes are all things I'm surprised were not originally implimented. I love that they are addressing problems, but I also hope they come up with some inspiring original content and it isn't just "what is the obvious thing that everyone is telling us to do" from here on out.

But I'm hoping for their success in executing the best version of their vision!

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would work out all the bugs first. Sound glitches everyday and game crashes

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Are you able to change weapons or gear mid mission or in Freeplay?
Nope and I don't see that ever changing.

On topic - I applaud BioWare for their openness and speed when it comes to fixing things but how such basic issues that have been solved MULTIPLE times during Anthem's development made it into the game is a bad look. For those still playing these changes will be great but this won't bring many people back, the launch of this game burned too many people I think. My friend list went from having a bunch of people playing to only 1 and unless Anthem gets it's Reaper of Souls/The Taken King/Forsaken I don't see this changing. It's entirely on EA to whether this game will get the support it needs as from everything I've heard BioWare really want to do right by Anthem.

Last edited:

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Bioware has been great with this so far. Can't wait to see what they tweak and keep fixing. Anthem as a base is a great time, albeit a bit flawed. I'm really digging it so far though!!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This reads like the don't really have a clue how they want their itemisation to work

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Nope and I don't see that ever changing.

I can see it changing. I remember seeing a post in the OT to a video where someone glitched into a Strider and it looked complete and had animations running etc. The Striders in the Story are places where you exit your Javelin and launch Javelins. I can see them adding 3-4 Striders in the world (spaced out) where you can land and go inside of them to change gear etc. Not saying it will happen, but based on how the Striders are supposed to be like, it is something they can add and I could see this being something available to those that reach 30.

The Striders are actually in some locations in Free play as you at times respawn on top of them It would not be impossible for them to make it where you can enter them to do gear changes.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I can see it changing. I remember seeing a post in the OT to a video where someone glitched into a Strider and it looked complete and had animations running etc. The Striders in the Story are places where you exit your Javelin and launch Javelins. I can see them adding 3-4 Striders in the world (spaced out) where you can land and go inside of them to change gear etc. Not saying it will happen, but based on how the Striders are supposed to be like, it is something they can add and I could see this being something available to those that reach 30.

The Striders are actually in some locations in Free play as you at times respawn on top of them It would not be impossible for them to make it where you can enter them to do gear changes.
Hadn't seen this, people had theorised that was going to be one of the uses of the striders in game but it didn't make the cut in time but to actually confirm it is great. It would certainly make FreePlay a better experience.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a step in the right direction.

Now just stop the game disconnecting after every mission on PS4.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Any mention of bug fixes?

My buddy and I cannot even play together on PS4. We have been trying for over an hour to do a mission together and the game will not let us. Between his game crashing, server disconnections and my friends list not even showing up in the game We have been unable to do jack squat.

Thats not even mentioning the myriad of sound issues I am having.

Last edited:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This is great news. Good on Bioware for being so responsive with improvements, fixes and changes. I will continue to stick with the game.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not at 30 yet, but I'm glad to hear it'll be an easier grind when I get there. Anyway, here's hoping bug fixes are coming soon.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, looks good. I'm enjoying the game, but as a 487 Colossus I admit the lack of Legendary drops has been slightly demoralizing. I'm even doing GM2 because I can pretty easily and still nothing. :(

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
The changes make sense. I'm curious how removing whites and greens impacts the overall drop rate. It sounds like there will be less overall loot with a better chance of it being good? I am not sure that is a good thing if that is how it shakes out.

Oct 27, 2017
Good update! I probably should not play until this update hits - I was about to complete some Legendary contracts on GM2 lol.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Bioware to turn the ship around

Anthem doesn't seem like a bad game, just one that needed much more time in the oven

The potential is certainly there

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
This won't change much if the game is still full of bugs and connexion errors. I never seen anything life this is my gaming life. We just barely finished a legendary contract which bugged 3 times in a row.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
This won't change much if the game is still full of bugs and connexion errors. I never seen anything life this is my gaming life. We just barely finished a legendary contract which bugged 3 times in a row.

It's ridiculous. I actually really like how the game plays, but I uninstalled it this morning because I just got sick of the constant crashes and errors causing me to sit through the same lenghty loading screens over and over.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Good start but they have so much to fix.

Tonight I loaded into a freeplay with no enemies or world events.

A jump into quickplay put me against an endless wave of Dominion soldiers. I stayed 30 minutes hoping for progress but it never happened.

Connection errors and booting from session was rampant.

Invisible enemies

Ungrabbed Loot not show up after the mission

Completed a GM1 stronghold with my friends and 1 of them didn't get the guaranteed masterwork.

While I appreciate the removal of green/whites and making the inscription pool smaller, I hope they keep all hands on deck for a while. They have a ton of work to do

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Nice update.

BW knows they got to do something to please their existing player base pool to keep the washout rate to a minimum before TD2 hits. They know they can't have a GaaS title if even the people that are willing to stick with them at launch aren't happy, especially when basically every outlet and YT video straight up telling people to not buy their game.

TD2 is probably going to have a great launch just from recent preorder numbers alone as an indicator.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they can keep doing this and keep turning the ship around.

I think there's potential for this game.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Bioware has been great with this so far. Can't wait to see what they tweak and keep fixing. Anthem as a base is a great time, albeit a bit flawed. I'm really digging it so far though!!

Agreed. This game still has many issues and a ways to go but it feels great to me and I love the loop. If anyone is playing on PS4 and wants to swap psn names it would be great not to have to PUG when friends aren't around.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you had just read a few more words you could have avoided this terrible shit post.

BioWare has done a great job communicating about feedback and updates. The rest has been rough, but they've nailed that.
That feels like the bare minimum considering what the state the game is in currently.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
And just like that, another contract bugged and no reward at the end of it. 30 minutes wasted.

Good luck with that.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is a good start. I don't see anything about drop rates in there though but fixing how fucked up the inscriptions were is a solid first step.

OP
OP
Anton Sugar

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uuuh, Monster Hunter World allows you to change your loadout mid mission whenever you want, actually.
You're still going back to camp to do this. It's not "on the fly" which is what a lot of complaints have been aimed at. Players wanting to immediately equip picked up loot are more common than players asking for the option to fly back to base, walk into a tent, change your gear, then run back to the fight.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
You're still going back to camp to do this. It's not "on the fly" which is what a lot of complaints have been aimed at. Players wanting to immediately equip picked up loot are more common than players asking for the option to fly back to base, walk into a tent, change your gear, then run back to the fight.

Well, at least you don't have to go through multiple loading screens to change your equipment.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Bioware take feedback seriously. Hopefully they add some model variety too