• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Ralemont

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I did notice he kinda dodged the question about Raids by talking about the various difficulty settings. Wonder if it will be Raid-less at launch.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I did notice he kinda dodged the question about Raids by talking about the various difficulty settings. Wonder if it will be Raid-less at launch.
I think they will have high level dungeon style events no doubt. We have seen some boss fights, so I can see them having Heroic variations probably. From the video, thhey seem to think they have plenty of content but we won't really know till it comes out.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yeh, you begin as Ranger and then unlock others, I'm going for colossus

I saw something on the video that made me wonder if you could make a more support focused Javelin. They had an item that helped with shields etc and I wanted to figure out if you could make a Medic Javelin haha.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
It seems to be more because each of the Javelins needs more and more skill to use, so they start you off with the all around Ranger, then you learn the tank, then the spellcaster, then the crazy rogue.
I totally get the decision, but I hate it. Let the user choose at their whim, have optional tutorial stages / missions they can run through if they're having difficulty with the class. Done.

No PvP doesn't bother me at all. It's all about the combat, which looks pretty bland to me at the moment.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
No rerolls is dumb. It will rightfully get criticized over and over again. Bioware needs to add rerolls to the game before launch.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
I saw something on the video that made me wonder if you could make a more support focused Javelin. They had an item that helped with shields etc and I wanted to figure out if you could make a Medic Javelin haha.
That would be awesome, I remember in the previous stream the storm was able to put up a wall too, need to read on the site again on the support gear. I'm happy I got a taunt :)

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
But they did in the previous demo and trailers. Have you watched them?

They can't show the same stuff over and over again. Loot and progression is important too in this kind of game, and needed to be shown..
Yes I have but I'd like to see a little more is all. I understand showing this is important too and does need to be shown and explained, and I don't wish to take away from it. I'm not completely down on this game, I'd just like to see something new from this world before release which I'm sure will happen

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks solid, but it's a pass if it's anything like Destiny or Division where you're just grinding the same style mission/quest over and over again.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
That's annoying. I think I'll cancel my discounted pre-order and wait for a better sale.
You start with ranger, at level 2 you can choose to unlock colossus OR storm OR interceptor, then the other 2 on further levels (i think 12/20) . If you want to play storm just play 1 hour of game and you can choose it.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
What type of rerolls are you looking for? Just the base stats of the weapons themselves?

If you're going to have an RNG based secondary stats in 2018/2019, you need to have an option to reroll those secondary stats. Every other loot based game that uses secondary RNG stats has gotten this right. Destiny 2, Division, and Diablo 3 all have the ability to reroll. WoW used to have the ability to reroll, but they removed RNG secondary stats entirely (so there was no need for rerolls anymore) if memory serves me.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Agreed. I remember Destiny 1's Raid coming out after launch and it wasn't a big deal to me.
Same. I prefer having delayed raid launches, it gives everyone time to enjoy the game and get comfortable before the major challenge that is endgame content like that. I hate feeling rushed to get to the end as fast as possible to be "raid ready" the day it launches.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks solid, but it's a pass if it's anything like Destiny or Division where you're just grinding the same style mission/quest over and over again.
So far as I know, that's the only way to build a loot based RPG that's open to being played into the tens, hundreds, thousands of hours with friends in a PvE envirnoment. It's gonna be one of those.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
If you're going to have an RNG based secondary stats in 2018/2019, you need to have an option to reroll those secondary stats. Every other loot based game that uses secondary RNG stats has gotten this right. Destiny 2, Division, and Diablo 3 all have the ability to reroll. WoW used to have the ability to reroll, but they removed RNG secondary stats entirely (so there was no need for rerolls anymore) if memory serves me.
WoW never had RNG secondary, it had reforging that just enabled you to trade 40% of a weaker secondary for secondary of your choice but then removed it after 1 expansion, it was during mists of pandaria.
Anyway in anthem you can craft stuff with rng rolls and just keep crafting till you get the ones you want.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can we see other character's faces? Is there a hub / social area to hang out with others?
You build a character that goes into the suits but I don't think you see that outside of the main town, Fort Tarsis. Who wants to really see a boring human instead of a cool Javelin anyway haha.

iTehDroiD

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny 2 doesn't have a reroll system either (unless I missed something during the Black Armory Launch). They had it back in D1.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've never heard the term Gear Score prior to this topic. Does that just mean your equipment has an additive number that denotes your level? Or is there more to it than that?

Last edited:

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
I expect similar. Honestly, I don't mind it as long as the combat is engaging; I'm having a pretty good time grinding to 600 in D2 at the moment, but I jumped in not too long ago and a lot of the content is still fresh to me.

What I'm looking at in this demo doesn't look inspired. I love the art direction and the world design and I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'll wait for a better discount.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've never heard the term Gear Score prior to this topic. Does that just mean your equipment has an additive number that denotes your level? Or if there more to it than that?
Yes, it's your items score that gives your overall gear level, mainly to inform/gate content. You have pilot ranks and jevelib ranks which are seperate.

Higher rarity items will have scores attached, so building towards a score basically means you an do higher encounters with getting blasted.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Destiny 2 doesn't have a reroll system either (unless I missed something during the Black Armory Launch). They had it back in D1.
I stopped playing about a month or so ago and no there isn't a system to reroll weapons. At one point there was if I remember correctly. But now is back to pure rng with the perks being the things that change from drop to drop, other than base stats being variable obviously. Some things still have static rolls though.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yes, it's your items score that gives your overall gear level, mainly to inform/gate content. You have pilot ranks and jevelib ranks which are seperate.

Higher rarity items will have scores attached, so building towards a score basically means you an do higher encounters with getting blasted.
Right on ty

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Destiny didn't have a raid at launch, it was like 3-4 weeks after. Expecting similar for Anthem.

Ah I thought he meant there would be no raid at all, like until DLC or something.

Destiny's raid was opened 1 week after launch though and 3-4 weeks post-launch is too long to get attention for the game, so hopefully this will be similarly timed.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Did any of the loot of higher quality shown in the stream have any unique abilities on them. Kinda like exotics from Destiny?

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Meh.......world looks ripped from Avatar,characters look ripped from Destiny,gameplay looks ripped from every shooter ever.....I'm being a dick but EA get no benefit of the doubt from me right now.......they need something remarkable to get me onside again and this several years late Destiny knock off won't do it.

Hope everyone who's into it enjoys it though and it does well for Bioware(so we can get Mass Effect back on track).

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Didn't realise they have been doing live streams. I guess I'll check these out. The combat itself still looks kind strange to me. Very slow. I'm assuming they are holding back?