• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a good idea to wait for it to be added to EA Access or, at the very least, big content updates.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Best thing I can say about anthem that it broke my addiction to destiny. It has everything I wanted in a GaaS game (fun game play, fantastic setting, all match making pve stuff) but just didn't stick the loot loop.

Still only game in the last 6 ish years that got me to stop playing destiny.

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a question of price, but of time. Your time could be better spent elsewhere. Not to mention the latest patch broke a lot of stuff (Including one of the bosses not giving loot). Why waste money and time on something that will get you frustrated?

Oct 31, 2017
Just my personal take on it after playing it for a few weeks at launch: no way.

One of the few games I've played where I was actively angry at the title for wasting hours of my life that could be spent doing anything else. Usually if I pick up a mediocre game I can at least say, "Well it had fun moments and overall I'm glad I could experience it, even for just a bit." Not this one. Still disappointed I was dumb enough to try it.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
No honestly, looking back on my time with the game feels like a void of disappointment. Hopefully one day it'll reach the point where it's worth a shot.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I really enjoyed the game and I'd advise against it. The combat/movement's the most fun I've had with a shlooter but the loot system's terrible, the contents lacking, and all signs indicate the people in charge have no idea what to prioritise with what to fix or how to fix it despite the community's obvious feedback. Fuck, it's hard to say if it will ever see a significant update at this rate. It's a total car crash.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Too many great games out there to be getting Anthem even at half price.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Plenty of people manage it, it's probably one of the best looter shooters there is.

Gaming hindrances aren't something that should be managed, though, like stress :) It baffles me that they never addressed (and continue to ignore) this issue, which is a known and repeated problem with the game by many. I wonder if the engine is at fault or something.

The game is great in every other way, and the F2P implementation has been consistently fair and balanced. Shame about the FoV.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Do yourself a favor, and play Destiny 2 or Division 2, instead of supporting unfinished early access like Anthem.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Not with what I have heard about people's experiences since launch and including updates (both planned and implemented).

It sounds like it was flawed from the concept stage, and never had a chance.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I spent $20 to play it on launch with Origin Plus or whatever. It wasn't even worth that then. There are better games out there to spend your money and time on.

Oct 30, 2017
It's not worth it right now. There is no solid timeline for content and even though the gameplay is actually pretty stellar, it is a very forgettable game. I find myself just booting up Division 2 instead.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Given that apparently it bricked some consoles that's a hard pass even if it's free

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Physical version was €39 day one. This would be like €35? Hardly a discount.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
The investment for Anthem is roughly 20-30 hours. If you pay $30 for $30 hours of gameplay, then that is your value proposition. Beyond 30 hours you will likely find issue with the game. If you play the game in short bursts, 30 hours can last you a little while. If you intend to play the game in a weekend, then you will be disappointed. Otherwise, the core gameplay is not that bad. Will there ever be additional content? Probably. Will there be a substantial overhaul of core systems - hard to say. But there are definitely worse games out there than Anthem to spend money on. But there are also better games to spend money on as well.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it for ~€20 on PC and it was worth it just to look at the shiny pretty and the first few story missions.
I might play some more, definitely won't grind it like I did with Destiny 1.
Personally, I found playing games like Division, Destiny 2 enjoyable enough up to endgame not to bother with that timesink stuff.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Got it for twenty and traded it back in for $19 within the week. Not awful, just doesn't offer much of anything that truely interesting imo.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
I got it for free and played about 8 hours. Do not buy anthem for any price. Play a good game instead.

ByWatterson

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No.

I haven't played it, but there signs that Bioware support for it may not last the year.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I actually like the core gameplay of loot shooters and think Anthem looks really fun, but I just can't handle the premium currency bullshit that I'm sure this game also has.

I got Destiny day 1 and was just shocked that I bought a game for full price and can't access stuff in the game. Maybe I was naive, don't care, will never support that shit.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Nah, it has the worst loot concept and table of basically every loot game in history. I think I would even give launch Diablo 3 the edge when it comes to loot quality.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
No. It will be €10/15 come black Friday. The game will be in a better state and should have more content. Don't give EA your money until they deserve it.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's worth it, just look at all the *FREEEEEE CONTENT* they're providing.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F02%2FAct-1.jpg

& that's just Act 1!

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Man, even at half-price is expensive.

A large online retailer is selling is new for ÂŁ25.

Digital still has a long way to go before I even start to consider buying games online.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Game is dying and the future is looking bleak for it. Bioware has shown complete incompetence to fix/add stuff to the game. Honestly, I doubt the game will even be supported in 6 months. So no.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
No.

It feels like this game is on the way to "abandonment," especially after hearing it didn't meet sale expectations. Didn't they just patch out a feature that they patched IN to the game after release? The extra stronghold chests?

With everyone moving on while this game is still behind the 8 ball, I just feel like I have almost no faith this game will received the care it needs to become an amazing game.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
The Kotaku article put me off Anthem completely. It could be free and I would still not get it.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not worth it as it currently stands. If they improve it later then it will still be cheaper to get later than it is now. The game isn't going to stay full price for long.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
No, buy it when its $10 if you want something that's pretty to look at. I played the game till I hit credits and probably 5 hours of "endgame content" and it's boring AF, so much repeated content and not enough gear variety to keep things interesting.