• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 18, 2018
Was very skeptical of this game but I've spent the day so far looking for footage. It's looking like it might be some fun.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ditto. Storm and Interceptor both seem super fun for my playstyle. These are likely the two I'll be doing builds of and switching between in the end game.

Yeah this is what I've been thinking. Both look like a ton of fun and don't have to rely on guns themselves all that much.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Enemy Dominion Javelin.

PlainAgedChafer-size_restricted.gif

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
If I were planning to pick up Anthem, this'd definitely be my main Javelin.

Here's hoping that, if/when they ever make more Mass Effect, they borrow some stuff from Anthem--powered exoskeletons, things of that nature.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks pretty cool but might be a little too visually "noisy" for me personally.
There have definitely been moments the past month or so where the footage looks like total chaos, but overall I think it won't be more than an occasional annoyance for me.
You can turn off the damage number floaties, for one, which I'll definitely be doing (never a fan of them in any game). I'm thinking you can probably turn off more of the HUD too.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I think I'm still going to main storm first but the interceptor is quickly catching up to it, it'll be my second unlock most likely.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
You can turn off the damage number floaties, for one, which I'll definitely be doing (never a fan of them in any game). I'm thinking you can probably turn off more of the HUD too.
The hud can be customized to be dynamic, which is great for a game like this especially while you're just flying around taking in the sites.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

Yeah it was more the explosions when you were in close range with Interceptor, but it's great they have such customizability.

As for Colossus, I'm thinking that'll be the class of choice for those wanting punchy gunplay. And Taunt will probably be 100% required for high level endgame runs.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Are people not really liking the Ranger? Too general of a javelin?

It's the first one so I think a lot of people see it as the least sexiest choice, but I think it'll grow in popularity once people figure out builds for it. It'll probably always be the least popular, though.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Interceptor looks like what would happen if Platinum Games made an Iron Man game.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
It's the first one so I think a lot of people see it as the least sexiest choice, but I think it'll grow in popularity once people figure out builds for it. It'll probably always be the least popular, though.

I'm not sure. Its basically the "Soldier" class. The class for people who want to play the game as a more or less typical shooter. In Mass Effect, that was the most popular, though that was likely helped by it being the default.

Oct 29, 2017

Thats a nice addition but my biggest issue is really all the attack effects and flashing explosions and stuff. The older I get, the more annoying these types of games become and it becomes harder for me to enjoy.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ranger for life. Just wish the grenades we're something else. Would be cool if you could choose any ability for your 3, even 2 from the same category.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
You start with the ranger. Unless you're not talking about unlock order.
I could be wrong because it's been a little confusing, but the way things look you'll probably only play the Ranger in the intro mission, level up to level 2 from that mission and then pick whatever Javelin you want to really start with then. I don't know why else there would be 4 unlocks.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I could be wrong because it's been a little confusing, but the way things look you'll probably only play the Ranger in the intro mission, level up to level 2 from that mission and then pick whatever Javelin you want to really start with then. I don't know why else there would be 4 unlocks.
This is exactly how it works. Ranger is just for the intro then you can choose.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Okay, wow Interceptor looks amazing. I was thinking of going Storm, but hell naw, that melee gameplay is something else.

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
Not talking unlock order, talking about usage haha Ranger is the one you start with and spend the most time with early on. Can't say more cuz of Alpha NDA but yeah haha
Actually the Developer explained that you play your first mission with a "scrap ranger" then, when you reach level 2, you unlock your first Javelin and it could be the one of your choice between the 4 (8,16 and 24 for the other 3 unlocks)

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That flying scar looks like it's dealing out some decent damage on the interceptor in this bit. I'm glad to see some more challenging enemies compared to the cannon fodder we've mostly seen.

That was my big issue with the game up to this point, where the enemies just seemed to be screen clutter fodder that you just pick your poison of choice on.

This in contrast actually looks quite engaging.

Devanous

Oct 27, 2017
I am kinda shcoked that it's still alpha gameplay, shouldn't they be in beta since it releases next month?