• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 30, 2018
So Microsoft sent out this email about a free game with purchase.

little did I know, every single console comes with a Anthem digital code

a little desperate , who's buying Forza and wanting a "RPG"?

SF3Pimy.jpg

DamtVg9.jpg

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Judging by the post, I guess the Fortnite bundle was also desperate?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man I'd hate it if an EA employee slid into my DMs with an Anthem origin code

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah and when the shareholders meeting happens they get to say "the holiday season attach rate for Anthem is through the roof!"

m23

Oct 25, 2017
It's a free game, you're really complaining about a free game? This is amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
e6a.jpg

It's a free game, you're really complaining about a free game? This is amazing.

Time is more precious and valuable than money.

I say, as I debate about how shitty Anthem is on an Internet forum.

If they are rebooting it, this is a smart play in some ways but also may turn people off if they don't like what they experience. It needs a lot of work in its current iteration. Hopefully it would live up to its potential with a restart.

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
if they're planning on rebooting the game like I've heard they are and they want to give away copies for free and turn it into a free-to-play game that is not pay to win I would be on board.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I only own it because I got a code for it with my graphics card.

Metro Exodus, too.

Desperation.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is it a good idea to have more people experience the current version when they are planning a complete overhaul? I can tell you the current version will leave a negative impact, but maybe they want as many people to own the game to create a playerbase for the eventual relaunch (free for owners please?).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Glad they're giving it to people. It's a fun game that will hopefully end up getting the attention it deserves and needs from EA.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a good idea to have more people experience the current version when they are planning a complete overhaul? I can tell you the current version will leave a negative impact, but maybe they want as many people to own the game to create a playerbase for the eventual relaunch (free for owners please?).
This is what I think as well but like you said the current version seems bad still and will just push people away instead of sticking around for any major overhaul.
*Cotton strategy.gif*

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem is currently £5 brand new in the Game (UK gaming retailer) Black Friday sale.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
EA, just bite the bullet and make it F2P already. Yes you'll get mocked for it for a while but it'll pass.

Oct 25, 2017
If EA was desperate and wanted every new console buyer to get Anthem, wouldn't there be PS4 bundles as well?

Haven't seen many people complain about a free game.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Changed the title. Let's try and have more accurate titles in the future. As mentioned, many other titles have been included (such as Fortnite) in the past.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got an email somebody redeemed a one month origin access, thought I was compromised
Nah they just did it on their own without me asking
They gave that because you have two-factor authentication enabled.

Although I got to say that people who usually make fun of "greedy" EA are now making fun of them giving a game away for free.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This culture of celebrating presumed flops of games one doesn't care about is something that eludes me so hard. Real sad stuff.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
You can get Anthem in the UK easily for £5, brand new. A little less in some places!

I'm not biting though. Price is one thing, but there's also time to take into account, and I'm struggling to find time to play all the games I actually do want to play.