• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some great changes and some that were needed but I feel my time is coming to a close. Purely anecdotal but it feels like the challenge pages under the options button is quicker to load/scroll/access.

OP
OP
Coolduderedux

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
We shouldnt be though. Its not normal that so many games now launch, and arent like what theyve been hyping. We should get excited for whats next, and not if its finally going to be what they had initially promised. Thats a very low bar.

I don't believe it's a matter of whether we should or shouldn't be excited for broken things being fixed. I myself want to be excited for the game because of what I have played that I enjoy and I'd like more of it. No Man's Sky and The Master Chief Collection both turned things around for the better. It wasn't a tactic; it burned their developers and their fan bases, but at the very least, they went back and did what they could to fix it. Anthem is trying to do the same, and I will support it because of the fun I have with it.

That's not to say that my mentality is wrong or right. Life's too short to wait for a broken game to be fixed and ignore other great games. But if it's fun for me, then why the hell not?

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I'll come back in a year if they fix their entire loot system. Right now it's absolute trash. Barely any variation in the look of weapons and armor. This game still needs at least a year.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
We played the game on launch and gave up for The Division 2. It's shaping up to be something else when (and if) we return

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
These are quite some big changes, but I doubt many people will come back.. There's a lot of new games coming out and Anthem left bad taste in many people's mouth.

I'm picking this up later when it's at 10 or 15 euros to see the story and enjoy the combat a bit.

Let's wait and see....

Zero mention of loot drops, legendary drop rates and error loading pilot data. I am just baffled here. how can a developer be so out of touch with its own community?

They still haven't hired a loot expert :P... They definitely messed up the loot, they shouldn't have focused so much on it.. knowing it was their biggest weakness

Feb 21, 2019
I'll probably hop back on to complete the grind to level 30. Then put it back down again.

The game can be fun, but wow, did they miss the mark on so many things.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
This update looks really good. I'm still waiting for a discount though. I'm excited to play, but not for $60.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
those QoL additions are very nice, haven't played since the complete rebalancing of all the light levels and everything. Maybe after days gone when im in that blank slate waiting for WoW Classic ill launch it up again to see everything. Should be nice to see my Ranger's ultimate feel good, i remember towards end game it got pretty bad.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Platinum and have little desire to continue playing this PoS. But has anyone tried the new Stronghold? Is it another remix of an existing mission or actual new content?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I totally expected responses like this but we shouldn't stand for them here.

First, it's such an easy insult to throw out. Second, we all know the game isn't great. They're trying to fix it. It's not a fresh take to insult it at this point. Either you're with them for the long haul, or just move on and don't waste time with pointless insults.
I bought the game expecting what I was shown - it wasn't as advertised, to say the least.

And what we shouldn't stand for are game developers blatantly trolling and lying to us by showing footage of graphical fidelity and cool features that don't make it into the finished product - in some cases it's not even close.

While the game is fun at times, it is completely not what I was led to believe it was going to look and play like. I love mechs and Ironman, things like that and I'm a sucker for combat against giant monsters, so this seemed like a win-win for me.

How wrong I was.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game expecting what I was shown - it wasn't as advertised, to say the least.

And what we shouldn't stand for are game developers blatantly trolling and lying to us by showing footage of graphical fidelity and cool features that don't make it into the finished product - in some cases it's not even close.

While the game is fun at times, it is completely not what I was led to believe it was going to look and play like. I love mechs and Ironman, things like that and I'm a sucker for combat against giant monsters, so this seemed like a win-win for me.

How wrong I was.

OK. But do you have anything meaningful to say about the topic of this thread, which is a QoL Patch for this game? Any impressions, bugs, wishes? Anything?

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's a start but will still wait for a year to see if there's better loot and stuff. WIll it have less loading screens?

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
How about updating the public on how their labour practices are being managed? Anytime this game is mentioned my skin crawls and I'm creeped out.

OP
OP
Coolduderedux

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017

How wrong I was.

You're concerns are legitimate. There have been countless other threads that cater to that. This is not one of them.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has game stability improved any on Xbox One X? I dropped it because it kept crashing.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Never having to walk around the Fort ever again is the biggest quality of life improvement ever haha

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how this game is a year from now. Maybe it'll have a R6: Seige/NMS type "reinvention" with enough improvements and largely erase the negative initial reception

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Have they increased movement speed in the fort yet? Or is it still equivalent to that of a particularly lazy baby with lead weights attached to all 4 limbs?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
They seem set on completely marginalizing Fort Tarsis instead. At least post-campaign.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I play it on my X and rarely experience crashes...

As in crash to dashboard? That's never happened with me. Still get an occasional "Error loading pilot data" but that's it.
I played the game a bunch on launch week and every so often, the game would freeze for I think about thirty seconds or so before crashing to the dashboard. I tried to ignore it, but it kept happening often enough for me to just pass on the game for now. I like the game, but that was making it really annoying to play. And I don't think it's my Xbox, since it's the only game that does it.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I played the game a bunch on launch week and every so often, the game would freeze for I think about thirty seconds or so before crashing to the dashboard. I tried to ignore it, but it kept happening often enough for me to just pass on the game for now. I like the game, but that was making it really annoying to play. And I don't think it's my Xbox, since it's the only game that does it.
I'd say give it a try if the last time you played was launch week. There's been a lot of changes and performance improvements. I can only speak anectodally obviously but it rarely crashes for me.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Have they increased movement speed in the fort yet? Or is it still equivalent to that of a particularly lazy baby with lead weights attached to all 4 limbs?
Fort Tarsis would be a decent place if walking speed was at least doubled. I really laughed when I saw the "improvement" between the beta and the release.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure this is enough to get me to dive back in to the game. It's solid improvements that will seriously help with loading and all of that. Just still not enough content to keep me busy.

evilcar

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed this for my Pro when it was $20 on Newegg and I have legitimately been enjoying it. The combat is really tight and solid, so it makes me want to keep playing. Those QoL improvements are fantastic! Seems I jumped in at the right time and I'm really happy to see the direction this game is going.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for the Cataclysm to see if Bioware can right this ship. I'm still hopeful, despite all of the problems, but the window for me caring about Anthem is only open for a limited time unless they can completely transform the game into something far, far better.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Great start. I hope they keep improving the game. I also hope they fixed the glitched trophies. My grenade launcher trophy never popped after completing the challenges. Currently I think they only way around it is to make a new pilot.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Less loading, more content end game and more loot/cosmetics then I may come back.

Game is just a chore to play and not that much fun at all staring at loading screens.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Getting to the lack of content quicker is not going to fix this game.

The loot system is still horrible and now they delayed all of the rest of the 90 day calendar.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
That live stream and developer update sure made me feel like this game is moving in a positive direction.