• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how viable is it to play this game on your own and/or with randoms?
Is it like Destiny where it's like fuck you if you're alone and fuck you go find a webstie if you want to find randoms? Or does it give the player an easier in-game avenue to team up with strangers to tackle later game activities?

Edit: Finally got that far in the article. The answer is yes, matchmaking for all.

Last edited:

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I wonder what the difficulty scaling is? More advanced AI or just a bigger health pool and higher damage, probably the latter sadly

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how viable is it to play this game on your own and/or with randoms?
Is it like Destiny where it's like fuck you if you're alone and fuck you go find a webstie if you want to find randoms? Or does it give the player an easier in-game avenue to team up with strangers to tackle later game activities?
Every activity has matchmaking.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To say the end game is just higher difficulties for better loot just leaves me asking what about raids/group content/mega bosses etc. Think strikes and raids etc in Destiny.

I don't mind replaying content, but end game should introduce new things that you use that higher power level on. Not just repeating story missions with modifiers.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Like many, I'm concerned about end game. I really hope it's more than just higher difficulty.

Deleted member 29354

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone (at IGN or otherwise) know if the difficulty scaling will come with increased AI aggression, varied movesets or attack patterns or will be a steady grind fest to whittle away health?

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I thought in previous interviews they spoke of Strongholds as being Anthems form of "raids". I don't think you'll see something like Destiny has to be honest.

From the articles wording strongholds will be the destiny equivalent of a strike. So I'm hoping that something "raidlike" is coming sometime after launch. Which I'm fine with as I don't like to have to rush to do the endgame content immediately.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm unclear on if they have said that. If you can find a source where they said that, that'd be great.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/anthem/anthem-raids-strongholds?amp

"Strongholds, which we showed at E3, are a raid-type thing," Darrah said

It's certainly possible there's still a tier of activity above that but I haven't really heard / seen signs of it so far, so I'm expecting the worst.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Looking good. I'll wait a while before buying. Let them work out the kinks and bugs, and jump in when ready. Plus, it's good hear feedback.

Destiny taught me to avoid launches.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I saw a video yesterday of gameplay where the youtuber said that the level of aggression changes with the difficulty levels. Maybe it was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvt5MPzU2hM

One of the devs said that the enemies rarity is what changes the behavior I believe.

So a lengendary ash titan should have some more abilities than a typical lesser titan. Difficulty will just change health pools and damage.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
This makes me regret buying it on Xbox X because I know the resetera players will most likely be on PS4 :/

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Need to actually dig into the full article later but the snippets in the OP are extremely encouraging to read.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
With the room they have for the customization of javelins they can make realy cool skins etc. Wich people can like alot.
I mean this N7 skin is already cool imo.

n7_anthem-740x593.jpg
They still haven't said how much this shit will cost though. Yeah, it looks cool, but having to spend more money on top of the $60 buy-in fee is a hard no. It'd be nice if these custom skins were unlocked via in-game challenges like, "beat all the strongholds on Grandmaster 1 difficulty to unlock the N7 skin." Instead, it's pay $10, or grind for 100 hours. Though they also haven't clarified if every cosmetic item can be attained using only in-game currency, and if so, how much and how fast do you earn it. They also haven't said whether you can buy exactly the amount of shards you need for an item or if you have to buy them in packs. There are a lot of unknowns, and since it's EA, I'm assuming the worst.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They still haven't said how much this shit will cost though. Yeah, it looks cool, but having to spend more money on top of the $60 buy-in fee is a hard no. It'd be nice if these custom skins were unlocked via in-game challenges like, "beat all the strongholds on Grandmaster 1 difficulty to unlock the N7 skin." Instead, it's pay $10, or grind for 100 hours. Though they also haven't clarified if every cosmetic item can be attained using only in-game currency, and if so, how much and how fast do you earn it. They also haven't said whether you can buy exactly the amount of shards you need for an item or if you have to buy them in packs. There are a lot of unknowns, and since it's EA, I'm assuming the worst.
He asked how they were gonna support the free content with people buying shards. Just showing they can do alot of great things and have alot of room with customization. They are not really limited that way so its very possible we get great skins wich alot of people want to drop some bucks on.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting read! I really like what I'm hearing so far. It's especially neat to me that they've separated activities by the types of rewards you'll get. At least I can know that doing activity X is my best way to get gear, rather than just throwing everything at the wall and hoping I get what I want.

Cosmetics sound awesome, and I believe they've already confirmed that there are no random rolls there. That's great! The premium currency talk was a bit confusing though, as I believe they said that everything can be bought with in-game currency. The article says cosmetics require a mix of in-game and real-world currency. I'm hoping that it changes to be one or the other.

Oct 26, 2017
It annoys me that I'm still on the fence on this, I'm not particularly interested in "diablo-style" end-game with infinite % scaling of enemies. I'm hoping there's more to end-game than just that style of content.

I'll have to wait to see how I feel about the demo, I suppose.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Yeh, all this diablo similarities... won't be surprised if Shaper storms are rifts

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going for Diablo-esque difficulty levels is interesting. Repeating content on higher difficulties works in Diablo because the character variety, builds and gear abilities change enough to keep things fun despite the repetition. Not sure Anthem can really deliver the same way. Especially if that's the only endgame it has like early Division.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol if they had raids, they wouldve mentioned them by now. they have been doing weekly gameplay streams for the past three months and havent mentioned them.

There is a reason. Raids are hard to do. it takes one team a year to make a raid in Destiny. This will be Diablo with some kind of Rift mode added later this year that lets you take on harder and harder waves of enemies. but thats about it.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
lol if they had raids, they wouldve mentioned them by now. they have been doing weekly gameplay streams for the past three months and havent mentioned them.

There is a reason. Raids are hard to do. it takes one team a year to make a raid in Destiny. This will be Diablo with some kind of Rift mode added later this year that lets you take on harder and harder waves of enemies. but thats about it.
More appealing to me.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
So, regarding monetization I have simply learned not to trust an EA game. Battlefront II's lootboxes were there but the balancing for the in-game earning vs paid earning was completely neutered in the review-period and changed on release-date, effectively making all reviews inadvertendly lie about its implementation and frankly, actually pissing off certain reviewers who felt shot in the leg by EA as people who report with honesty.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
So am I reading this right? You should be able to do most content pretty quickly, but then you increase the difficulty for better rewards as you gain more powerful gear? Like D3. Is that correct?

Because if so, that's the first thing about this game to pique my interest. I'd much prefer that to an endgame where you really have to grind just to see everything.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
premium currency ? im out. another game ruined by ea's monetization. the grind for those premium skins will probably be unreal (looking at battlefront 2)

Are you trolling? It's purely cosmetic, in direct contrast to BF2. OW does that and no one complains. Read the post.

Hell, just read the section. Your comment might be better suited for YT, if you want to post it there instead.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
So, regarding monetization I have simply learned not to trust an EA game. Battlefront II's lootboxes were there but the balancing for the in-game earning vs paid earning was completely neutered in the review-period and changed on release-date, effectively making all reviews inadvertendly lie about its implementation and frankly, actually pissing off certain reviewers who felt shot in the leg by EA as people who report with honesty.
You couldn't buy lootboxes or anything in Battlefront II right after launch, the monetisation was turned off before launch, what on earth are you talking about???

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
BioWare is really adamant that they don't want to divide the player base by selling story content, so while there are huge post launch plans for Anthem, none of it will be tied behind a paywall.

This quote here has me excited. Hope to hear more about post launch plans shortly after release. Always a big fan of the road map that Bungie releases for Destiny to keep everyone in the loop on future content. Hope BioWare does the same.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Really good overview of the game. More like Diablo and less like Destiny has me getting more and more excited.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
People who follow this game have been saying this for a while now. Its alot more Diablo/Warframe then Destiny.
Hope people finally come to the conclusion with it.