• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I'm watching the Giantbomb quick look and the story stuff area doesn't seem that great. Everyone is just standing there. It just seemed so lifeless.
On the other hand it looks visually incredible. I wish we could get a look at a late-game version of the Fort Tarsis. It's supposed to change and be built out over the course of the story which I assume means attracting more people like we saw in the original reveal trailer.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
so according to the poll Storm and Interceptor seem like the best characters to choose...I never played the alpha so I'm guessing those are the most fun?
No ones tried anything other than a ranger. Storm and Inty just fit archetypes that are popular - mages and rogues. People are sleeping on Ranger IMO - myself included.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
On the other hand it looks visually incredible. I wish we could get a look at a late-game version of the Fort Tarsis. It's supposed to change and be built out over the course of the story which I assume means attracting more people like we saw in the original reveal trailer.
It looks amazing graphically just bare bones on the immersive part. The bit they showed with the manifold thing looked cool though. I don't want to come off as overly negative. I really want this game to be good.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Talking about modes... maybe an Arena that's basically horde mode. I'd quite enjoy that. But I suppose it'd have to be a fairly large area for the flight and everything so maybe not. But I love horde modes (especially Firefight) in games.

As we know there's more end game stuff we don't know about yet, I'm just excited to find out what we don't know yet when the embargo ends on Feb 1st.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching the Giantbomb quick look and the story stuff area doesn't seem that great. Everyone is just standing there. It just seemed so lifeless.

Yeah, I have a pretty bad feeling about this. The gameplay loop that Brad described is something I have absolutely no interest in. So far this is fully looking like a bland, uninspired loot game.

I miss old BioWare. I hope playing tomorrow makes me feel differently, but the footage I've seen today makes it look aggressively mediocre.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Wish this would begin at midnight and not the next day..... oh well..

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Nvidia's doing a good job handing out keys:

n4lhqXN.png

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Ive always been curious why with games like this, every body always talks about end game? Its like 90% of the game doesn`t matter.

Would developers be better off just starting everyone at max lvls and say "just go grind these 3 bosses?"

It's something that I've always found weird, how people treat leveling in games as trash that is to be skipped to get to the real game. I like the journey more then anything. Why I'm also not a big fan of instant fast traveling systems. Make a gameworld worth traveling through and one that doesn't require people just porting to their next objective imo.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Datto Ash Titan gameplay videos. I thought that multiple shockwave attack each with different height are really cool, reminds me of Nier Automata Opera boss.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So does the link show up for you know in TheWorthyEdge's post? I'm curious to figure out how this system works haha.

You were correct. Until I posted in the thread, the original post only said "hidden content".

I was trying to post a hidden beta code the other day as my first post and could not figure it out.

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Actually, I just watched that old Dec 13 livestream again at the time you said and 100% it says Impact Resistance. So what I decided to do was go and check some of the other components we've seen to see if its listed more recently... and what do I find components that says "Impact +9% Dmg" and I'm now going back to check other videos with components in because it looks to me like they've been called Impact and Blast (same damage type but two different effects) for a while now. (Also check your Era PMs I sent you something :D )

Yay!! Only 4 more pesky gear drops to find :) I will be praying to RNG for blueprints and drops this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.