• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
So we'll get videos about it today? I think EA Gamechangers get to play every certain time.. taking into account that the Launch Bay is recent, its probably on the builds that were shown in London.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So we'll get videos about it today? I think EA Gamechangers get to play every certain time.. taking into account that the Launch Bay is recent, its probably on the builds that were shown in London.
We're meant to be getting some sort of reveal video or something today - unsure if this is Part 2 of the gameplay series video or not.
Then the EA Gamechangers will also all be releasing videos of the build they got to play yesterday which includes the Launch Bay.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone concerned the demo may not give a very accurate representation of what the game will ultimately end up like? I know they are trying to give an idea of a wide array of loot and levelling, but I hate they are creating a specific demo environment that doesn't reflect things like loot or progression in the full release.

Kind of just wish they'd give us as close to release balance and environment so we can make a better judgement on how the game will play normally.

Destiny did this same thing changing how their early betas played and once the final product hit it was just a different game.

I have no doubts I will enjoy the basic mechanics of Anthem, I liked the alpha, but I wanted the demo to give me a better approximation of release.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Now the big question on launch bays is will they make them public, or have private guild style ones or use the PSO style multiple instances that you can swap between.

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone concerned the demo may not give a very accurate representation of what the game will ultimately end up like? I know they are trying to give an idea of a wide array of loot and levelling, but I hate they are creating a specific demo environment that doesn't reflect things like loot or progression in the full release.

Kind of just wish they'd give us as close to release balance and environment so we can make a better judgement on how the game will play normally.

Destiny did this same thing changing how their early betas played and once the final product hit it was just a different game.

I have no doubts I will enjoy the basic mechanics of Anthem, I liked the alpha, but I wanted the demo to give me a better approximation of release.
I say play the beta. Then wait, and look at how it is talked about after launch, then decide 3-4 weeks after launch?

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I just realized that bestbuy is doing a steel book for free with orders, and $10. Argh.
Damn, I was kinda hyped but it's only for the console versions T~T

On another note, I got my VIP key from best buy but, when I went to the website to put it in, it told me that I was actually already in the VIP demo. I'll wait until tonight to verify, but is it possible I was already in since I was in the Alpha? If so, then I may have a spare key and passes to give away at some point.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yeah Demo thread/OT will be going up around the 5pm UTC time which is exactly 24hrs before the VIP Opens its doors to the waves of players. It's been posted by Cornbread78 and designed by yours truly. I can't wait for people to see it :)

Ooooh so the 'EA Gamechangers' are going to have footage of the Launch Bay today to share? That's awesome. I'm guessing this is apart of their larger reveal event which is also linked into, but not limited to, IGN's Demo Livestream today too.

Huh, that's... odd. I'm able to open the game to the main menu, but can't alter any settings or anything yet.

You really did outdo yourself with the graphics! Looks great!

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
So how does the VIP beta work? I preordered the game at GameStop a while ago got the Alpha code for PC. Am I in the VIP beta?

I just downloaded the Demo yesterday on Origin client, so am I good to go for tomorrow?

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Will weapons be transferrable between javelins and not locked to one?
Yes most weapons types will be usable by all javelins. So if you get a good assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle etc you can use it with any of the suits. The only exception are heavy weapons like auto cannons that are exclusive to Colossus. On the flip side, colossus is unable to wield light pistols and SMGs.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yes most weapons types will be usable by all javelins. So if you get a good assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle etc you can use it with any of the suits. The only exception are heavy weapons like auto cannons that are exclusive to Colossus. On the flip side, colossus is unable to wield light pistols and SMGs.

Thicc boi's only use big guns. Let the little guys use their pea shooters...

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Cool/Interesting quotes from the Verge Article:

"Previously when we would do DLC, we'd ship the main game, and the main game has a certain number of sockets that you can plug DLC into... [but] For example, instead of having to patch something so that it has a snow texture [in Anthem], it's more like we have it on a dial so that we can make it snow a little bit more... The dynamic nature is built right into the game."

"We don't think anyone has focused on character and story the way we have in Anthem. I don't think anyone has actually nailed that."

"I think probably a few years from now, people will look back and Anthem will be just the latest example of 'Hey, why don't you do games like you've always done, like Anthem?' Because in it people will find a lot of those things that are core to what they like about a BioWare game."

Yep, that demo client will work for both the VIP Demo this weekend and the Open Demo next weekend.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
So they have the tools to change the game more fluidly, I gather? Like (obviously with a load of difference, but still works as an example) Lego pieces that you can just.. change?

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
This line hurts:

"In Destiny, meanwhile, the most interesting bits of lore aren't even featured in the game itself, so most people aren't aware they exist."
It's sad, because we had a great story and more in-depth features in Destiny once, including ship customization and the ability to upgrade ship parts. Those "Had to be" cut though.

I am hoping Anthem can stick with the usual BioWare storytelling and not try to casualize it because its a looter shooter.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I don't have a lot of time to read the the entire thread. Will the Demo ruin any story spoilers for us? Or what is going on with it essentially.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
anyone know when it unlocks? i'm up all night with my baby anyway - may as well play a game
Tomorrow - 5pm UTC. Here's a handy chart:
original

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any information about future javelins? I don't think building them is in place like Warframe but will there be more to unlock of purchase?

Still having 3 classes in Destiny after many years was a slap in the face lol

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any information about future javelins? I don't think building them is in place like Warframe but will there be more to unlock of purchase?

Still having 3 classes in Destiny after many years was a slap in the face lol

They mentioned future Javelins will be part of monetization. New dungeons, story, and missions will be free, while new Javelins and cosmetics will cost

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Cool/Interesting quotes from the Verge Article:

"Previously when we would do DLC, we'd ship the main game, and the main game has a certain number of sockets that you can plug DLC into... [but] For example, instead of having to patch something so that it has a snow texture [in Anthem], it's more like we have it on a dial so that we can make it snow a little bit more... The dynamic nature is built right into the game."
I wonder if that will satisfy the people who keep asking if there are snow levels in the game lol. It will be interesting to see them play with levers like that if they really have built a bunch into the game from the beginning. I'm not expecting changing seasons like Forza Horizon every two weeks, but it sounds very promising for them to be able to throw new things at us every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.