• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think the AI will be "smarter" and "harder" in the endgame content? Wouldnt Bioware market that part of the game? Yes they would. Do they? No. So I dont understand why people expect the AI to get very smart and better. Why wouldnt they use that AI in the normal game instead of endgame..
You're right, pre-order cancelled!

Maybe some of us see the game for what it is and just want to have fun with pals shooting shit while, err, shooting the shit. Based on other posts you've made this game doesn't seem to be in your wheelhouse and that's fine. No one is going to persuade you one way or the other as to if this game is for you. Unsure? Try the open beta next weekend. But I'm sure you already know how that's gonna turn out...

Jun 1, 2018
You're right, pre-order cancelled!

Maybe some of us see the game for what it is and just want to have fun with pals shooting shit while, err, shooting the shit. Based on other posts you've made this game doesn't seem to be in your wheelhouse and that's fine. No one is going to persuade you one way or the other as to if this game is for you. Unsure? Try the open beta next weekend. But I'm sure you already know how that's gonna turn out...
I just dont want people to get hopes up and get disappointed because they are trying to convince themselves that bioware saved the "best ai" for higher levels

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Annoying. I wanted to pre-order for a code. Trying to get one for me and my brother.
Yeah there are a few weird issues with the pre-order / code situation. For example people who pre-ordered directly through Xbox and PSN storefronts still can't access their friend codes, and all the devs have said on twitter is that they are "pretty sure" we will be able to get them after the demo actually goes live on the 25th. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to get my brother on board with Anthem and really hope I can give him one of my codes..

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
I just dont want people to get hopes up and get disappointed because they are trying to convince themselves that bioware saved the "best ai" for higher levels
Problem is, nobody in the past couple of hours in this thread has even mentioned the AI. Most everyone in here is excited to get into the game. I think most people, especially with the upcoming demos, are capable of making their own decision as to where they want to spend their money. Not everyone is looking for Souls like combat here...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
... Why isn't this on Amazon to pre-order?

I believe Amazon is pulling listings temporarily for titles that have a pre-order to access the beta promotion going due to the high amount of pre-order and cancels they see. I believe the same thing happened with Black Ops IV and BFV

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW .... it's torture having it sitting there waiting to play only to not connect. Does anyone here have a 48 hour time machine i could borrow ?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
By the way BAD, you may want to reach out to Cornbread78 as he was planning on doing a demo thread too from what I know. I'm not sure if it was reserved or anything, but I'd prefer there not to be a fight over it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Amazon is pulling listings temporarily for titles that have a pre-order to access the beta promotion going due to the high amount of pre-order and cancels they see. I believe the same thing happened with Black Ops IV and BFV

Division 2 is still up for pre-order on Amazon though, and that also comes with a beta code

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah there are a few weird issues with the pre-order / code situation. For example people who pre-ordered directly through Xbox and PSN storefronts still can't access their friend codes, and all the devs have said on twitter is that they are "pretty sure" we will be able to get them after the demo actually goes live on the 25th. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to get my brother on board with Anthem and really hope I can give him one of my codes..

I might need to just get one at least. I think I have an EA Access trial somewhere for myself.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I never had this issue.

I pre-ordered on Monday.

When the demo went up for download, I started downloading it that night.

By the morning, after it had finished installing but before I even started the demo for the first time, I could access my link and hand it out.

Had zero issues.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man...youre having a tough time Shy. Maybe tweet and see if they've encountered it?
Seems that one was on me, this time.

But you are right. I'm still probably fucked long term. Even though i spent all that money. *sigh*

I have a hard enough time just trying to wake up and get through the day, you know. And then this unnecessary bullshit doesn't help.

And i don't have the Twitters, so i can't even go and whine to Ben about it.
makes sense. the referral link you got could be used up to 3 times (it's the same link though; if it was given to others you were too slow)
Ohhhh. I thought it was just a generic link for people with the VIP demo. So you could give out codes.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never had this issue.

I pre-ordered on Monday.

When the demo went up for download, I started downloading it that night.

By the morning, after it had finished installing but before I even started the demo for the first time, I could access my link and hand it out.

Had zero issues.
Nice, you lucked out. A lot of people are having the issue I described unfortunately, including me. The devs have addressed it on twitter but there still isn't a definitive solution.

EDIT: here is there most recent statement regarding the issue. Not very encouraging wording tbh. "What I'm hearing" is this is how you fix it...

Last edited:

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017

Doesen't seem to work for me.

yp1K0sx.png

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
Closed the launcher and restarted.. wasn't there. Left to make a pizza, button was there. Well that was weird.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
A game that's loot driven, and are encouraged to play with friends, yet you don't get why people are excited about a social hub? Trolololo

A social hub, IMO, is a standard issue mechanic in a game that position themselves as GaaS and try to bank on cosmetics monetization post launch, it SHOULD already be a feature from the conception phase of the game and I fully expected them have one. What I don't get is people are surprised by this feature.

If a social hub was not planned right from the get go for such a title, they need to hire a better monetization manager/lead.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A social hub, IMO, is a standard issue mechanic in a game that position themselves as GaaS and try to bank on cosmetics monetization post launch, it SHOULD already be a feature from the conception phase of the game and I fully expected them have one. What I don't get is people are surprised by this feature.

If a social hub was not planned right from the get go for such a title, they need to hire a better monetization manager/lead.
People are surprised and excited because they had previously said they weren't including one.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Is pre-load available on XB1? Downloading the PC demo at the moment. Can't wait to try this out!

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yeah... after seeing so many storm and interceptor videos where they are basically launching snowflake darts and throwing vials of acid on people, it is awe-inspiring to see the sheer destructive force of the Colossus.

Go thicc or go home!

Colossus 4 life!

i got lucky and googled anthem friend access vip demo, found a giveaway and tried the latest link then got it lol.

Niiice, see ya in there woofy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.