• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I just subscribed to origin access basic, but it says I have to pre-order to pre-load the game? Does anyone know what's going on?

arrosev

Nov 30, 2017
I don't mind rolling for higher stats etc but getting a Masterwork item, only to find out it was a lesser MW, is going to be a little annoying.
Hopefully they have just moved them to the GM difficulty's, his reply made it sound like you can aim for them rather than rng deciding whether or not you get a lesser one

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
It's almost time...

t1548435600z1.png

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I might be the odd one out but for the VIP demo, I am playing only Ranger. Not going to jump into the other classes till launch.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
No. EA Access, Origin Access and preorders also give you access to the VIP demo
No, Origin Access Basic will get you in too.
No. Origin access basic works fine to access the VIP Demo.

EDIT: So it was said and so it was dogpiled. :-)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE VIP DEMO
If you are an Origin Access or EA Access subscriber or if you digitally pre-ordered on Origin, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store, you have been automatically registered for the VIP Demo & do not need a code.

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/anthem-demos

Nice. That's good.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Well the demo only be during certain times, or is it on until the severs shut down?

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Well the demo only be during certain times, or is it on until the severs shut down?

Man I feel bad cause I'm not positive what you're asking...

Only over the 3 days the VIP and open demos run but running over those whole weekends, surely

No mention of mainting the demo past release date, if that's what you mean.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man I feel bad cause I'm not positive what you're asking...

Only over the 3 days the VIP and open demos run but running over those whole weekends, surely

No mention of mainting the demo past release date, if that's what you mean.
I am talking about the recent trend of having a demo or beta but only for a 2 hours a day at weird times.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Kinda surprised we still haven't got a stream or in depth dive into Shaper Storms...they're one of the things I'm most intrigued by and wonder how they work, affect the game world, etc.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I'm sure it has been discussed already, but could anyone clue me in to the friend invite process for the VIP demo on PS4? Also I pre-ordered on the PSN store so I assume I can download the demo client directly without getting a code by email?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know if there is some kind of currency, with a weekly limit, that you have to farm to exchange for Legendary loot? I can't stand that shit anymore.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if there is some kind of currency, with a weekly limit, that you have to farm to exchange for Legendary loot? I can't stand that shit anymore.

you mean something akin to dailies? That's been around since the dawn of time, and is the main carrot + stick method of getting people to keep playing your game (especially GaaS).

not sure what they would replace it with. Maybe really low drop rates?

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
So basically the Friend code is 4x 7days free Origin Access thing. For PC anyway.

Unless i got things wrong.

If there are 4 code too for the demo...then you can have 8 invites! 4 with demo codes 4 with origin access

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm sure it has been discussed already, but could anyone clue me in to the friend invite process for the VIP demo on PS4? Also I pre-ordered on the PSN store so I assume I can download the demo client directly without getting a code by email?

If you preordered through PSN you should be good to go for the VIP demo. Just make sure your PSN name is linked to an EA account. I think the friend codes are obtained from refer a friend on your EA account page.

Kass

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I won't be in town when the public demo drops.

For those who have experience in such matter , is it possible to pre-order the game on PC on Origin, play the VIP demo then cancel the Origin the pre-order if I don't like it? Would this be covered by the "Great Game Guarantee" ?

I really like what I'm seeing but I want to try it first.

Edit: Is there any sort of origin free trial that would allow me to do the same ?

Thanks all :)

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Unfortunately I won't be in town when the public demo drops.

For those who have experience in such matter , is it possible to pre-order the game on PC on Origin, play the VIP demo then cancel the Origin the pre-order if I don't like it? Would this be covered by the "Great Game Guarantee" ?

I really like what I'm seeing but I want to try it first.

Edit: Is there any sort of origin free trial that would allow me to do the same ?

Thanks all :)
Could you not just use the Amazon trick?
Pre order,wait for code and cancel if its not your cuppa.
Amazon don't take payment until they ship.

Oct 27, 2017
Bit the bullet and subscribed to Origin Premier Access. Good game slready as there's 2+ games I want to play on my laptop already as well as Anthem.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting really excited for the Beta/demo! My friends and I are looking to pick up the Division 2 in March, but I'm kind of hoping that Anthem will sway us between the beta and EA Access trial. Do we have details on whether the beta is co-op?

Status
Not open for further replies.