• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So my free EA Access i got from EA activated. I am ready for the demo and will buy the game next week with the EA Access discount in the singapore store so i can play on the 21st already next month.
I have it all figured out. :P

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
One thing I really hope happens in Anthem is that they have some really cool and varied weapons and inscriptions for Masterwork and Legendary items.

I have recently got back into Diablo 3 and getting Legendary and having fun ways to spice up a new build, it what keeps me coming back. I can sink hours and hours into the game, just because I might get something fun!

I really hope Bioware have a good look at loot game like Diablo for ways to keep things fresh and fun.
You will take your legendary "+5% damage to flying enemies" and you will LIKE IT

accx

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon.de has no more demo codes. Thank God I got mine and could cancel my preorder.

I didn't get one in time but amazon.co.uk are still offering.
I'm actually wondering if the vip demo keys are multiplatform? The one from cdkeys i got in case my amazon.co.uk-key wouldn't pan out said multiplatform.
Here in Sweden the only versions you can get from preorder are ps4 and x1, but maybe they would work for pc as well? dunno, and i'm not trying it out myself.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't get one in time but amazon.co.uk are still offering.
I'm actually wondering if the vip demo keys are multiplatform? The one from cdkeys i got in case my amazon.co.uk-key wouldn't pan out said multiplatform.
Here in Sweden the only versions you can get from preorder are ps4 and x1, but maybe they would work for pc as well? dunno, and i'm not trying it out myself.
Yes, the codes are multiplatform.

I hope this is true or else everyone will download on the 25th and the PSN might explode.

Last edited:

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Does anyone know if for Origin Access we gotta wait for the 23rd to get the codes?

I've never suscribed so I don't know where I would get them (e-mail, Origin itself..)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wait so legendary is a higher tier than masterwork? I'm used to it to be the other way around, Have we seen any drops?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So Masterwork is Epic with inscriptions and Legendary is a Masterwork but with the highest possible level. Or does Legendary give better inscriptions also?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
So my free EA Access i got from EA activated. I am ready for the demo and will buy the game next week with the EA Access discount in the singapore store so i can play on the 21st already next month.
I have it all figured out. :P

You forgot about the 10 hours of early play time, starting on 2/15. Which will last me until I get the full game. Plus Metro Exodus on the 15th.

I'm doing the same thing, right down to the free EA month.

Last edited:

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
And is there any partnership with AMD/Nvidia for this game ?
I am looking to upgrade my PC this year, and anthem is 99% gonna be the most demanding game i want to play.
Should i upgrade my PC from a I5-7600 to a I7-8700k for this game, or should i hold of and buy one of these newer Ryzen 3000 chips ?

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was planning to get that Steelbook cause it looks sexy AF.

But I'm not sure pre-ordering it on amazon.co.uk will grant me a VIP demo code ? It only shows the "Anthem Pre-Order Bonus" snippet on the page of standard consoles versions, but I wanna play PC.

Should I pre-order a PS4 version (even if I don't have one) just to be sure to get a code then cancel it or ?

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, it looks cool.

But on the other - I play Warframe.

It's not a drive-by shitpost. Everytime I play Warframe lately I think "okay, why would I even want Anthem". Amazing combat (this is the only grindy game where grind or even waiting for crafting doesn't bother me at all because of how I enjoy the combat), great world/look, the need for sci-fi looter/action game fulfilled.

But I gonna play the demo ofc. I want to see if you really can spec as a tank or support.
I'm really interested to hear impressions from other Warframe players. From what I've seen, I think Anthem has some cool things going for it, but there really isn't anything that compels me to invest time into it for the longterm over Warframe.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
on the warframe vs. anthem debate, the aesthetics in anthem are definitely more appealing (never could get drawn into the weird alien armor of warfame) and you get to fly like iron man.

for those who have probably done more research than me, can you confirm that I can 1) get origin premiere 2) get access to the beta this weekend + 4 friend codes 3) cancel the premiere subscription afterwards?

are there any other benefits for premiere vs. just pre ordering or using origin access?

Corey

Apr 9, 2018
Upstate, NY
Quick question for you guys - does anyone know if the Alpha I already have installed will update to the Beta and I am good to go? Or will the Beta be a completely separate download? I got my pre-order code for the Beta but want to know if I even need it since I still have the Alpha downloaded or if I can give my code to a friend.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question for you guys - does anyone know if the Alpha I already have installed will update to the Beta and I am good to go? Or will the Beta be a completely separate download? I got my pre-order code for the Beta but want to know if I even need it since I still have the Alpha downloaded or if I can give my code to a friend.

The demo is a separate download from the alpha

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
on the warframe vs. anthem debate, the aesthetics in anthem are definitely more appealing (never could get drawn into the weird alien armor of warfame) and you get to fly like iron man.

for those who have probably done more research than me, can you confirm that I can 1) get origin premiere 2) get access to the beta this weekend + 4 friend codes 3) cancel the premiere subscription afterwards?

are there any other benefits for premiere vs. just pre ordering or using origin access?
You're locked in for 30 days when you subscribe to premier so there's no reason why you can't just cancel immediately after. Still billed for the full 30 days. As far as the benefits for premier, you get the full Legion of Dawn edition if you subscribe to premier.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Demo access is granted with both origin access and origin premier. You'll get 3 codes for friends. And yes you can cancel it later (better do it after the demo imo).

If you just want to try the demo then go with origin access, it's cheaper, and if you want to play the early access of the game on the 15th you can always upgrade your subscription to origin premier.

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
A few months ago I thought our clan would only have 10 members but now I think it's going to have a little bit more.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested to hear impressions from other Warframe players. From what I've seen, I think Anthem has some cool things going for it, but there really isn't anything that compels me to invest time into it for the longterm over Warframe.
What makes you invest in warframe? The end game is pretty lack luster right now and for most people its just fashion frame. Once you collect the things you want (weapons, frames, w/e) theres nothing to really strive for anymore. You could use mastery as a thing, but that really only matters for when you're locked out of things b/c of your rank. Once you get past that point it doesn't matter. I have a ton of hours in WF and I love it but right now there's not much reason for me to go back until I feel like the end game matters more.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said anything buying and selling gear from vendors in game? Is there a way to recycle excess loot?

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got clarification on the loot tier stuff from a dev in the discord. The highest tier goes Epic to Masterwork (without the rare inscription) to Masterwork with inscription to Legendary. With how rare the MWs with inscriptions are supposed to be, I wonder how much rarer legendaries will be.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only thing missing from Anthem, is a good sound when Loot drops. I need some joyful rapture sound when a Ledgendary drops.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know if there is some kind of currency, with a weekly limit, that you have to farm to exchange for Legendary loot? I can't stand that shit anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.