• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
Something that I've been feeling lately is that I've seen too much of the non-Ranger javelins. Back when we only saw Ranger footage, the other three seemed way cooler. But now that we've been inundated with footage of all 4, I've kinda started feeling most interested in the Ranger.

Initially I wanted to be a Storm main, but seeing it's ult and abilities, they just seem like particle effect light shows. They don't feel punchy and powerful, even if they are effective. And seeing it's abilities, it seems that it's main strength will be AOE and crowd control, not boss damage, which is less interesting to me.

And none of the other javelins give me that Iron Man feeling
You have the chance to try another outside of the ranger next week or the week after. You may find what you're looking for or you may just gravitate toward the ranger and the ranger alone. Nothing wrong with that. I personally want to try something like a ranger/storm or ranger/interceptor for different scenarios. I think if there's anything else you can get down with you'll find out very soon. No shame in any result. Don't feel badly.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Are they saying there are five javelins? Ranger is the first, level 2, 8, 16 Those would be all four javelins. So level 26 would be the fifth.

I believe the one you start with is a junker Ranger, and at level 2 you get to choose your first "real" javelin. That can be any one of the four, including the Ranger. Each time you hit one of the level milestones, you can choose which of the four you want to get of the ones you don't have already.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately The Division isn't for me, I don't like the setting or time period. Feels too real. I game for escapism and deep stories - which is why I'm hoping Anthem has an awesome story and builds its world really well. But yeah Build Diversity is so good in Anthem.
Oh I agree. I'm more for fantasy all the way. My point wa simply that there's so much more to these games than meets the eye. The Division is designed to create killer builds and become godly. And I'm sure Anthem will be a lot of the same.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I can't wait to make my Storm a sky beast! I'll definitely work on all 4 but the Storm is going to be my main. Always been a Mage/Warlock player

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
The only thing I found interesting in Ranger is his ultimate. Rangers class never been my favorite playstyle. But I'll definitely choose it above Tank

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
You have the chance to try another outside of the ranger next week or the week after. You may find what you're looking for or you may just gravitate toward the ranger and the ranger alone. Nothing wrong with that. I personally want to try something like a ranger/storm or ranger/interceptor for different scenarios. I think if there's anything else you can get down with you'll find out very soon. No shame in any result. Don't feel badly.
Oh for sure I'll be trying the other javs. But I was sold on Anthem for the Iron Man looter shooter premise, but still wanted to play my typical mage class. Turns out that the mage class might bore me, which saddens me a little.

I also think the Inty will be equally viable in high-level scenarios, cause they have lots of acid abilities for debuff. So Ranger/Interceptor should be really good for boss DPS

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no crossplay is a huge bummer. I'm sure the Anthem community on ERA will keep growing though and there will be enough people on board around launch to sustain solid alliances and groups across each platform.
For me the bigger bummer is no Cross-save feature.
I can't wait to make my Storm a sky beast! I'll definitely work on all 4 but the Storm is going to be my main. Always been a Mage/Warlock player
7Cl3qmW.gif

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
When can we preload the demo btw

CAN I PRE-LOAD THE VIP PRE-LAUNCH DEMO?

On PC, the VIP demo client is available in Origin from January 23, 2019.

On Xbox One, you can download it as soon as it becomes available on the Microsoft Game Store on January 23, 2019.

On PlayStation, you can download it as soon as it becomes available on the PlayStation Network Store.

We recommend that you pre-load so you're ready to play when the VIP demo begins.

You'll need to download, install and launch the game before you'll get your friend codes (more on that in the next section).
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-pre-launch-demo-info/

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Sorry if this was already asked but does anybody here know if getting Anthem from the Nvidia RTX promotion if it counts as a preorder for the VIP demo?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
No, they said on Twitter that the alpha NDA is forever.

LOL so I have to carry those secrets to my grave huh?

Was just asking this, shows up as the standard edition on origin after you redeem which includes the VIP demo but not entirely sure.

Hmmm I didn't even consider this. I am upgrading my beloved but aging GTX 970 next week in time for the demo but I already signed up for Origin Access. Hopefully it let's you folks in...

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I don't know if I've just missed it; rumor is level cap of 30, has there been any information on what happens after that? Gimme Diablo paragon levels or /something/ more than an artificial number like Destiny.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, (catching up after last night) but post level 30 you seem to have a gear score similar to the Division which is an average of all your equipped items, there was an image at some point in the video last night. As the game ages I imagine that gear score cap will increase as new content is released. Technically its similar to Light level in Destiny (just increasing levels), though hopefully without all the bizarre time gating and soft caps.

Yeah, no crossplay is a huge bummer. I'm sure the Anthem community on ERA will keep growing though and there will be enough people on board around launch to sustain solid alliances and groups across each platform.

I'd take cross save even, I've friends who will play on PS4 and I'll happily join them, but I'd love to play it on XboneX and even with friends on PC, I'm daft enough to pay them for 3 copies of the game if it meant I could move between platforms with my progression on a whim. Also Added you on PSN :)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Any oceanic PC players knocking around ERA?
Not exactly Oceanic as I'm from SEA. But I usually hang out with Oceanic players in various online games as we're more or less in the same timezone.

Since you're my fam now, I need someone experienced to help me build a PC please
You can ask around in this thread. There are also some example builds too in the OP.

The PC Builders Thread ("I Need a New PC") v2

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Well this has been super confusing (at least for me) from the start. So apparently you do start with the Ranger and then choose ONE Javelin for the demo. This is news to me so I guess I am double dipping the VIP demo on PC and my X so I can check out the Colossus as well.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Yes there is, check out this video on personalization. The systems for changing your appearance are actually really deep and much more involved than I thought they would be. It looks like they will allow for some very cool "fashion" builds haha.

"I think this is one of the most valuable propositions in video game history. If you get the legion of dawn edition, you'll get an armor pack for each of your characters."

Hmmm.

Jan 11, 2019
Anyone here feel free to add me! I'll be on PS4, based in Europe and with a mic! My PS4 friends list is quite empty at the Moment and open to everyone who's not too sweaty. :) PSN Name is in my profile!

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I think that was an off the cuff humor fail.
Kinda doubt that considering how much he went into how awesome it looks, but yeah, its just a bit tiring to continue to see the same micro transaction talk over and over and over again over all these games in the past few years.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same here for UK. There's multiple answers on the Amazon store page there which indicates the codes are being sent out 24 hours in advance though so I'm not overly concerned.

See the Amazon Canada page doesn't even mention the demo code like the UK page does. So I'm probably fucked. Amazon Canada always does this shit.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Status
Not open for further replies.