• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Some really cool changes for this stream. Like the team radar etc. Very nice. I also love the fact you get cooled while it rains. Makes perfect sense but I am glad it works that way.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
So many sensitivity options. That's good, I'm not sure what will be better since but maybe I won't play the game with a controller.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Keyboard and mouse controls

pQVhTTp.png

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Also like the way the contacts keep changing. I hope they have a good variation and that they keep adding new things,

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Enemies were keeping them on their toes, knocking them out of the air with fire attacks, and forcing them to help each other out a lot. They're currently taking a beating from an Ursix they didn't have much trouble with the first time.

Weather is playing a part of that. Lightning can strike them out of the sky. The rain cools down the suit slightly and improves flight times. Pretty cool.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Some really cool changes for this stream. Like the team radar etc. Very nice. I also love the fact you get cooled while it rains. Makes perfect sense but I am glad it works that way.

Yea it's nice to see the progression of the game from stream to stream.

Also the weather effects are really neat touch, rain to cool boosters and random lightning that attack freelancers.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
nYADuHt.jpg

Damn you star icon... what do you mean!? Also I can't tell what element either Sticky Grenade or Spark Beam are... I'm guessing the latter is electric but the former looks electric when he throws it too.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You guys saw that javelin unlocks in the loading menu? Confirms you indeed start with a "crappy javelin" first and then unlock the first Javelin of choice at level 2

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
nYADuHt.jpg

Damn you star icon... what do you mean!? Also I can't tell what element either Sticky Grenade or Spark Beam are... I'm guessing the latter is electric but the former looks electric when he throws it too.

Spark beam is E
Sticky is Q
Weapon amp field is Z
V is the melee

pretty sure the star on the Q denotes it is an detonator or does elemental damage of a certain type

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Spark beam is purely damage - no primer or detonation.
He is also using Venom Darts Sticky Grenade/Bomb which is Acid now which has that star icon next to its ability on the HUD too... still no clue what the star icon means.

I thought I heard him nention it is a detonator, but will look in the VOD again!

EDIT: Nvm he did not say that in the video, but given that both the colossus high explosive mortar and heavy cannon abilities have their icon changed to that, I am still inclined to say that it is the new icon for the detonators, rather than a separate or "stun" indicator.

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Why the hell anyone would want to invert controls on a keyboard and mouse? Is that even a thing?!

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I saw that and wondered. It listed level 2 for the first. I wonder what we start with?
I thought we already knew that you start with an old Ranger model that's obsolete compared to the class models we'll get for the rest of the game? Is this just my headcanon? Could've sworn I saw it somewhere.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why the hell anyone would want to invert controls on a keyboard and mouse? Is that even a thing?!

You can't be serious, I was shocked he didn't know a ton of people play with inverted. I always played games in inverted since I was a child. It just feels natural to me to pull down the mouse in order to look up (just like airplanes work).

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
ERA have a spreadsheet or log of what everyone is playing on (console/PC), handle and time zones/play times?

Would love to add people and play along for the demo and beyond.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
You can't be serious, I was shocked he didn't know a ton of people play with inverted. I always played games in inverted since I was a child. It just feels natural to me to pull down the mouse in order to look up (just like airplanes work).
I am serious. Not a PC gamer and never knew anyone playing on KBM inverted tbh. This is interesting

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Yeah the radar really stood out to me, much needed in this type of game rather than constantly find your self checking behind yourself for other players, worked really well too. Especially combined with Health&Shields.

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017
Completing an expedition screen is beautiful

u9mVZ4g.png
It's curious that the texture on Emily's colossus there reverted back to the standard red on the completion screen. I'm pretty sure during the contract her colossus was orange checkered. I wonder if that's a bug.
Related to the completion screen, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of how immediately after finishing the contract you get into the loading screen and completion screen. I guess I get why it's a thing, but it's very abrupt. Also kind of goes against what Ben has been saying how it's fun to pick up all the loot right after since you can't really do that if it loads you into the completion screen. I wonder if that was just a thing for this showcase, or if that's always the case.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Guillaume Onyeaghala and Mitsurugi can either of you identify the two colossus abilities with stars next to them here:
i7E295m.jpg

I'd like to atleast add those to the chart. Also any news on the element of sticky grenade?
nYADuHt.jpg

It kinda looks like acid, but ingame it was sparking and electric like.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was also serious but yeah I know there are alot of people that do inverted with controller, just never even thought about it with mouse and keyboard.

I played counter-strike on lan tournaments for a couple of years and people would always get confused. They would look at my hand and at the screen and go "what a hell". ahah

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's curious that the texture on Emily's colossus there reverted back to the standard red on the completion screen. I'm pretty sure during the contract her colossus was orange checkered. I wonder if that's a bug.
Related to the completion screen, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of how immediately after finishing the contract you get into the loading screen and completion screen. I guess I get why it's a thing, but it's very abrupt. Also kind of goes against what Ben has been saying how it's fun to pick up all the loot right after since you can't really do that if it loads you into the completion screen. I wonder if that was just a thing for this showcase, or if that's always the case.
yeah it was plaid like when they were standing outside the fort

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Guillaume Onyeaghala and Mitsurugi can either of you identify the two colossus abilities with stars next to them here:
i7E295m.jpg

I'd like to atleast add those to the chart. Also any news on the element of sticky grenade?
nYADuHt.jpg

The colossus ability on the left is the high explosive mortar, and the one on the right is the railgun ability. In the gear and progression gameplay stream, they specifically mentioned that the railgun ability was a detonator (around 12:00) and based on arekz's mission videos, the ability on the left is the high explosive mortar which was also a detonator in that build. I previously had the railgun ability confused with the heavy cannon in my last post. hope this helps!

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The colossus ability on the left is the high explosive mortar, and the one on the right is the railgun ability. In the gear and progression gameplay stream, they specifically mentioned that the railgun ability was a detonator (around 12:00) and based on arekz's mission videos, the ability on the left is the high explosive mortar which was also a detonator in that build. I previously had the railgun ability confused with the heavy cannon in my last post. hope this helps!
That star symbol HAS to mean AoE detonator then doesn't it? I mean then the other symbol is single target detonator? It just makes the most sense.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Even on controller I invert the Y axis on the right stick. :p
I do that in Ace Combat and nothing else :p play how you're comfortable bruv I was just surprised that people invert with mouse
i7E295m.jpg

nYADuHt.jpg

I tried to concentrate so hard on whenever they used the skill with the star icon and what I figured is it's somehow a stun

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Even on controller I invert the Y axis on the right stick. :p

That's not uncommon and they even said they have the option for controllers. Like most everyone else here I didn't know inverted y-axis was a thing on M+KB (though I think Destiny 2 offers it as an option on PC). I remember a few FPS games on N64 having inverted on by default. It makes sense on a controller and joystick. 100% awkward shenanigans on a mouse.

I tried to concentrate so hard on whenever they used the skill with the star icon and what I figured is it's somehow a stun

That's what I was thinking. Some sort of concussion/impact ability that stuns. Makes sense for the colossus to have that on a lot of abilities.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I do that in Ace Combat and nothing else :p play how you're comfortable bruv I was just surprised that people invert with mouse

I couldn't see it stun but maybe it could AoE detonate enemies around it? That's just my current thinking of what that star means.

We know that star is currently visible on Explosive Mortar, Railgun and Sticky Grenade. We've seen the other (usual) Detonator ability icon appear on abilities like Spark Dash and Seeking Missile in the gameplay video earlier.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How many colossi will we see painted all green but have purple painted shorts?

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I couldn't see it stun but maybe it could AoE detonate enemies around it? That's just my current thinking of what that star means.
Or that yeah. What I saw is that everytime a skill with star icon is used the enemy froze for like a second or two. This damn star is messing with all of us ;p

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
For my antipodean friends, here are the start times for the VIP and Open demos:

VIP Demo (for people who've pre-ordered):
NZDT (NZ): Sat 26/1/19 @ 6:00am
AEDT (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS): Sat 26/1/19 @ 4:00am
ACDT (SA): Sat 26/1/19 @ 3:30 am
AEST (QLD): Sat 26/1/19 @ 3:00am
ACST (NT): Sat 26/1/19 @ 2:30am
AWST (WA): Sat 26/1/19 @ 1:00am

Open Demo:
NZDT (NZ): Sat 2/2/19 @ 6:00am
AEDT (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS): Sat 2/2/19 @ 4:00am
ACDT (SA): Sat 2/2/19 @ 3:30am
AEST (QLD): Sat 2/2/19 @ 3:00am
ACST (NT): Sat 2/2/19 @ 2:30am
AWST (WA): Sat 2/2/19 @ 1:00am

This is based on the starting time being 17:00 UTC, as reported here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-pre-launch-demo-info/

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
For my antipodean friends, here are the start times for the VIP and Open demos:

VIP Demo (for people who've pre-ordered):
NZDT (NZ): Sat 26/1/19 @ 6:00am
AEDT (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS): Sat 26/1/19 @ 4:00am
ACDT (SA): Sat 26/1/19 @ 3:30 am
AEST (QLD): Sat 26/1/19 @ 3:00am
ACST (NT): Sat 26/1/19 @ 2:30am
AWST (WA): Sat 26/1/19 @ 1:00am

Open Demo:
NZDT (NZ): Sat 2/2/19 @ 6:00am
AEDT (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS): Sat 2/2/19 @ 4:00am
ACDT (SA): Sat 2/2/19 @ 3:30am
AEST (QLD): Sat 2/2/19 @ 3:00am
ACST (NT): Sat 2/2/19 @ 2:30am
AWST (WA): Sat 2/2/19 @ 1:00am

This is based on the starting time being 17:00 UTC, as reported here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-pre-launch-demo-info/
And for the people that have EA Access/Origin sub. Thanks for the timing! Now gotta convert it to my timing

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Or that yeah. What I saw is that everytime a skill with star icon is used the enemy froze for like a second or two. This damn star is messing with all of us ;p
Quoting Ben at 25mins in on the stream regarding the Sticky Grenade: "When I throw it, it will stick to the creature, enemy, whatever and then blow up for a small AoE but its pretty high damage"

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha nice that that puppet youtuber Arlo got a gig as a voice actor in this game.

The ghost or whatever it is sounds just like him

Overall the constant mission chattering sound like Arlo reciting Destiny missions - and that.. is not a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.