• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What this and other looter shooters need for end game is what Diablo 3 and Path of Exile have: randomized maps with randomized enemy combos and scaling difficulty to keep things fresh after you've plowed through the story and set dungeons. Unless they constantly pump out new, unique content in MMO fashion, randomization is the only way to avoid the end game from getting stale.

Agreed. Though getting randomization to feel right in these games is easier said than done.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I somehow have the feeling that because this game is third person, every weapon will feel a bit the same. Are there exotics like in destiny with unique perks ?

Armor is only cosmetics ?
There are unique perks for high level weapons. But playstyle and build diversity is mainly derived from the gear slots. Also stats and abilities tied to armor are replaced by components.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing Storm and Interceptor
7Cl3qmW.gif

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I think am going Storm/Colossus on PC for the VIP demo and Ranger/Interceptor on Xbox One X for the open demo. I am pretty sure I am going to play on PC at launch but I wanna check them both out.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I somehow have the feeling that because this game is third person, every weapon will feel a bit the same. Are there exotics like in destiny with unique perks ?

Armor is only cosmetics ?

What they have shown in terms of Masterworks items, they have special inscriptions for that named weapon, alongside the regular rolled inscriptions, it means players can keep trying the same weapon for other rolls.

Also, without having to pander to PvP balancing its means they can come up with some really cool and varied items over time.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think people have had their fill of Interceptor for the time being since the last livestream showed us so much. Its cool how evenly spread the support is for each of the javelins though, including in the poll here.

I'm still all aboard the Interceptor train.

The Ranger looks like what would happen if DICE made an Iron Man game.
The Colossus looks like what would happen if Epic / CliffyB made an Iron Man game.
The Storm looks like what would happen if Bungie made an Iron Man game.
The Interceptor looks like what would happen if Platinum Games made an Iron Man game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

The Colossus looks like what would happen if Epic / CliffyB made an Iron Man game.
The Interceptor looks like what would happen if Platinum Games made an Iron Man game.
Perfect!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ranger can look abit "boring" but is gonna be a good single target class. Lots of single target damage.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I think the ranger looks super fun. Its weapons look very high impact. I would rather shoot a homing ballistic missile than an ice shuriken. And yet you still retain some maneuverability that you lose with the colossus.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017

Platinum Games is obviously the best.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
We need a beta OT name tho.
Edit: I mean demo OT offcourse. Before i get hate mail. :P

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
He said it more than once and I like it

Damn, the devs have been really great with all of there responses to questions/harassment in general.

Also I understand being apprehensive because ea is the publisher but good lord can people not just give the game a chance before grilling the dev team like this? People like that guy drive me nuts.

Oct 27, 2017
What this and other looter shooters need for end game is what Diablo 3 and Path of Exile have: randomized maps with randomized enemy combos and scaling difficulty to keep things fresh after you've plowed through the story and set dungeons. Unless they constantly pump out new, unique content in MMO fashion, randomization is the only way to avoid the end game from getting stale.

100% agree with this. Greater rifts are a good example. Gear up for what you think you're gonna be best with and see what shows up to the fight.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Nailed it.

Damn, the devs have been really great with all of there responses to questions/harassment in general.

Also I understand being apprehensive because ea is the publisher but good lord can people not just give the game a chance before grilling the dev team like this? People like that guy drive me nuts.

The communication from the dev team has been fantastic in general for this game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Its the same with BFV really. They are also very open on Twitter and show behind the scenes stuff etc.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018

Yes his attitude is garbage but I understand where he's coming from. I mean it's EA and it doesn't have the greatest reputation even though I trust BioWare. Loving how Gamble is open and straightforward

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
According to one of the devs on the discord, the Ranger's shock mace is a primer.

Melee + Shotty Ranger Build incoming!

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Yes his attitude is garbage but I understand where he's coming from. I mean it's EA and it doesn't have the greatest reputation even though I trust BioWare. Loving how Gamble is open and straightforward
I think EA knows how important this game launching well is, as much of a dumpster fire of a company as they are I hope/think they've learned some lessons over the last year not meddle too much with anthem. I'm hopeful they won't try and monetize the game into the ground, hopefully the grind to just earn cosmetics isn't too unreasonable.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I think EA knows how important this game launching well is, as much of a dumpster fire of a company as they are I hope/think they've learned some lessons over the last year not meddle too much with anthem. I'm hopeful they won't try and monetize the game into the ground, hopefully the grind to just earn cosmetics isn't too unreasonable.
I don't mind cosmetics MTX because at the end they mean nothing. Looks like EA is going to work hard with Anthem to gain people's trust again. Or atleast that's what I hope
This is thread worthy.
Sorry I don't have privileges to make a thread yet

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
I read either here or on the Anthem reddit page (I don't rememeber which) that Amazon was supposed to send them out a few days before the demo and I would assume other retailers would be similar if you have not gotten your code already.

This finally gives me a chance to ask what the deal is with Amazon not having the game available for sale at all (US region).

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
It was pretty obvious they aren't charging 20 bucks more just for cosmetics. Still probably just as obvious those are starter gear pieces and will quickly be irrelevant. But you get to keep the cosmetic part because that's wisely decoupled.
Still, no $10 for a full gear set. You'll have to grind and not shortcut your way

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This finally gives me a chance to ask what the deal is with Amazon not having the game available for sale at all (US region).

Amazon has been really screwy with their game preorders for a while now. I know they had Anthem for sale at one point but I didn't realize it was no longer for sale. They might have sold through their initial allotment and are waiting for more, check back I'm sure they will put it back up for sale.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I don't mind cosmetics MTX because at the end they mean nothing. Looks like EA is going to work hard with Anthem to gain people's trust again. Or atleast that's what I hope
I think they will. Maybe I just want to be optimistic but I think they'll be smart about how they play this one out. Let BioWare be themselves, keep up the open and honest communication, and don't get greedy with the mtx's. I'm more than willing to stick by the game during hard times if they can just do those things.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I think they will. Maybe I just want to be optimistic but I think they'll be smart about how they play this one out. Let BioWare be themselves, keep up the open and honest communication, and don't get greedy with the mtx's. I'm more than willing to stick by the game during hard times if they can just do those things.
Same here. They'll nail it this time I have faith

Status
Not open for further replies.