• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm looking at getting my pre-order and the Legion version doesn't really seem worth the higher buy in to me? A lot of what comes with it seems like in-game stuff that would probably be quickly made irrelevant. Am I missing something or am I probably good to get the regular version if I'm not too fussed about the in-game stuff?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking at getting my pre-order and the Legion version doesn't really seem worth the higher buy in to me? A lot of what comes with it seems like in-game stuff that would probably be quickly made irrelevant. Am I missing something or am I probably good to get the regular version if I'm not too fussed about the in-game stuff?
Yeah you're good unless you really want those skins. Considering they didn't do a collector's edition I feel like the Legion edition was just some sort of Publisher demand.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jump force and this within a week, Feb is expensive

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Yeah you are probably good with the regular edition unless you really really like one of the armor sets that is exclusive to the LOD edition. One of the producers Ben Irving said the weapon and gear piece are meant to get you started and will be obsolete after like level 5.

In terms of the armor sets, the standard pre-order comes with the LOD armor for just the Ranger, the LOD edition comes with all four sets:

u7hmv8a6wg311.jpg

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I won't be buying any other games besides this and Division 2 until May so I might as well spring for the Legion of Dawn edition to get those cool skins and that bangin' digital soundtrack

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Premiere thing so I'll be playing this game day one on my PC. I plan to play the first 20 or so hours without reading anything on the net. It'll be interesting to find out if my thoughts about the game harmonize with the consensus - because they pretty much did with Andromeda.

I just don't want any outside influence this time.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Excellent. Holding out hope it's one of the better Games As Service iterations.
From the Dev streams, I like the way customising is split between the Vanity side and the loot side. Some really indepth ways to make a custom Javelin. Also, the loot sounds great. Some really good ways to make interesting builds.

Ultimately it depends on what the content stream is like. I hope to hear their plans soon.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
From the Dev streams, I like the way customising is split between the Vanity side and the loot side. Some really indepth ways to make a custom Javelin. Also, the loot sounds great. Some really good ways to make interesting builds.

Ultimately it depends on what the content stream is like. I hope to hear their plans soon.
I'll keep crossing my fingers.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
On the one hand, it looks cool.

But on the other - I play Warframe.

It's not a drive-by shitpost. Everytime I play Warframe lately I think "okay, why would I even want Anthem". Amazing combat (this is the only grindy game where grind or even waiting for crafting doesn't bother me at all because of how I enjoy the combat), great world/look, the need for sci-fi looter/action game fulfilled.

But I gonna play the demo ofc. I want to see if you really can spec as a tank or support.
Pretty much this, but replace warframe with Destiny, for me. I couldn't get into Warframe back when I got my PS4 (I've been meaning to give it another try on PC).

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I don't feel this is thread worthy, given that it's for UKEra, but if anyone wants to take this and make a thread then go ahead.

Got an email from Simplygames (UK based online retailer) and it says if you pre-order any version of Anthem from them they'll give you £10 off at checkout.

The game starts at £42.85 (PC) and £44.85 (consoles) so £32.85/£34.85 with the discount.

https://www.simplygames.com/search?keywords=Anthem

First time I've ever seen them do such on offer so I don't know if this is a sign of anything for Anthem or not.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

So loot is not just colors? I thought I read that somewhere before and got worried.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ah okay, I thought there would be no changes to the armor. That's something I was curious about originally.
The armor pieces obviously have different looks and then you can paint them using different materials and colors. Then you can apply decals on that as well. Weapons have their own colors but also, supposedly, match your personal choices also.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Interesting breakdown in this poll here (Mike Gamble is a lead producer on the game).

Broadly similar to our poll in this thread with the Storm in the lead, but surprisingly low turnout for Interceptor.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Interesting breakdown in this poll here (Mike Gamble is a lead producer on the game).

Broadly similar to our poll in this thread with the Storm in the lead, but surprisingly low turnout for Interceptor.

I think people liked it less when they found out it wasn't the stealth class.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

I'm still surprised at how high the Colossus is. I am definitely going to check out Colossus during one of the demos along with the Storm.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think people liked it less when they found out it wasn't the stealth class.
Yeah perhaps, although it is still doing well in the poll here and a lot of people are hyped that there is a flashy melee option.
I'm still surprised at how high the Colossus is. I am definitely going to check out Colossus during one of the demos along with the Storm.
Colossus wasn't really on my radar at all, but checking out a video recently of its gear options made me really want to try it out. The sheer explosive firepower is unmatched.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Really excited for Anthem as a Warframe player :) will be trying Colossus in the demo, I'm partial to tanks since I rock Rhino on WF even on spy missions :p

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if running solo is an option or even enjoyable? The game seems built around teamwork with the combos and stuff.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if running solo is an option or even enjoyable? The game seems built around teamwork with the combos and stuff.
Yes, solo is an option for all content outside of the Strongholds, which require a party of 4. In my opinion, solo play looks really you, and get can make builds that really allow for interesting combat rotations that don't rely on other players for combos. I would recommend you check out the gear and loadout livestream (in the OP), in that video the developer introduces a high-level Ranger build and then spends about 20 minutes playing through content in the open world to show how the build works. IMO that is by far the best solo gameplay we have seen yet and also compares well to the multi-player gameplay.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eh kinda, the hover bug fucked him over.
Yes, that did hamper him a lot. But still he was able to explain the build conceptually and at least show off how it would work to some degree.

Beyond that build in particular though, the solo gameplay from that livestream really did a lot to assure me that solo free play will be fun and worthwhile. If the gameplay, traversal, and combat are solid enough, I could spend hours just drifting across the map fighting through the random world events.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I don't feel this is thread worthy, given that it's for UKEra, but if anyone wants to take this and make a thread then go ahead.

Got an email from Simplygames (UK based online retailer) and it says if you pre-order any version of Anthem from them they'll give you £10 off at checkout.

The game starts at £42.85 (PC) and £44.85 (consoles) so £32.85/£34.85 with the discount.

https://www.simplygames.com/search?keywords=Anthem

First time I've ever seen them do such on offer so I don't know if this is a sign of anything for Anthem or not.
Hopefully this doesn't mean anything.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this doesn't mean anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if pre-orders were soft overall for the game, all things considered. I think the public demo will be huge for winning people over. Based on the impressions I saw here and there from the closed alpha, I thing getting hands on the game will be the best way to convince people to come aboard.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I wouldn't be surprised if pre-orders were soft overall for the game, all things considered. I think the public demo will be huge for winning people over. Based on the impressions I saw here and there from the closed alpha, I thing getting hands on the game will be the best way to convince people to come aboard.
EA changed their projections based on Anthem preorders so maybe not that soft? Unless EA had crazy low expectations of Anthem.

Sadly the projection change got nullified because of the BFV launch.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if you can choose any platform regardless of the one you pre-ordered on with the VIP demo codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.