• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Awesome video! And great response from the dev team on Reddit too.

The communication and involvement from Bioware has been really stellar, you can tell that they genuinely want to establish a connection with the community and fans.
Bioware has been great at interacting with their communites for years now. Back in the ME3 mp heyday I played a few matches with some devs after the first free DLC launch and had an informal q and a type thing. (I came in first place every round)

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping the PC community gets behind this decent enough............as it launches a week early on EA premier and thats what i plan on playing it on.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
This always reminds me of when the developers of the star wars MMO talked about content. They said when they released they had about 200-250 hours of content which they assumed the average hardcore player would play 5-6 hours a day. Giving them 3-4 months before the next planned content drop. They said people played up to 100 hours a week and people blew through the content.
Correct - http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/180590869166/what-is-the-deal-with-gated-unlocks-of-content
There was 170 hours of content going for one class to full level (and keep in mind there's 8 classes where the class story is completely different for each one, and the two factions had different shared orld stories too, and all this content was fully voice acted). And people played through it in two weeks. And complained there was no new content to do. And burnt themselves out so they didn't play another class. After that, I've pretty much taken it with a grain of salt when people say there's not enough content.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
also bfv was 11 days, this is 7... plus with Bioware, some people can be weary of Bioware. People playing this game early can maybe set minds at ease or not.
From the last EA Investor report it sounds like the pre-order numbers are really good, especially digital, good enough they raised their expectations of Anthem, so I'm not sure most consumers are wary of BioWare.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
From the last EA Investor report it sounds like the pre-order numbers are really good, especially digital, good enough they raised their expectations of Anthem, so I'm not sure most consumers are wary of BioWare.
Sorry I did an Edit, I mean after MEA, even though that wasn't Bioware proper. Also since Destiny and Divison had issues, this premier can be a good thing too, to check content anyway

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am hoping that Anthem does well because I like the look of it, I like the loot ideas they have and I hope they have content to back it up.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am hoping that Anthem does well because I like the look of it, I like the loot ideas they have and I hope they have content to back it up.

I hope they have a good content plan/roadmap as well. I literally just realized today that The Division 2 is launching 3 weeks after Anthem. I am definitely more interested in Anthem but I cannot see myself having enough time or energy to play two of these type of games.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I fired up andromeda the other day because i ***** (NDA sry :P) the combat in anthem alpha and its pretty similar. Andromeda is still so bad tho lol. The combat is the only good thing in that game

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I can tell Interceptor will be my least used mech, why melee when you have lasers?

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
The game looks great and I'm excited about it. I won't be preordering until we get a very clear and detailed idea on how micro transactions and dlc will work. After EAs handling of battlefront 2 I have reservations on getting tricked into a bait and switch type of situation.

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been following the game a ton, so sorry if this has been discussed to death, but have they said much yet about any plans for future javelins or patch content?

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Is this the first time that contracts have been mentioned as an activity type? I remember them mentioning something like "challenges" in a previous livestream, which are specific tasks like "Kill 10 of X creature to earn a specific weapon blueprint", but contracts seems to be a new thing.

Are we having a clan at launch?
Yeah, we definitely should. We don't have any details on how clans work atm, but once they share that info we should look at putting something together.
I can tell Interceptor will be my least used mech, why melee when you have lasers?
Agree. The interceptor looks cool and all, but I would much rather go with the ranger and colossus and just blow shit apart!
Is there a breakdown video of each of the 4 classes?
There isn't an official video, but Arrekz has helpful quick breakdowns of each Javelin, with the focus on their unique gear slots and abilities. The vids are a few weeks old though, so they don't contain all the latest info, especially for classes like Interceptor that have had recent info dumps. Here is the Ranger one:

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
You switch between classes/javelins right. So technically there's no penalty in terms of experience whenever you move to another suit?

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You switch between classes/javelins right. So technically there's no penalty in terms of experience whenever you move to another suit?
Yes, that is right. The game differentiates between pilot progression and javelin progression. Pilot progressions refers to leveling up your character with universal xp and investing points in skills that apply to all javelins, such as flight time.

Javelin progression refers to accumulating loot and gear to make each javelin more powerful. You can upgrade each of your javelins independently and choose freely which to use before any given task. You can also save multiple loadouts for each javelin. So your character will have an overall level, and your javelins will also each have a gear score, depending on what gear and abilities you have equipped.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, that is right. The game differentiates between pilot progression and javelin progression. Pilot progressions refers to leveling up your character with universal xp and investing points in skills that apply to all javelins, such as flight time.

Javelin progression refers to accumulating loot and gear to make each javelin more powerful. You can upgrade each of your javelins independently and choose freely which to use before any given task. You can also save multiple loadouts for each javelin. So your character will have an overall level, and your javelins will also each have a gear score, depending on what gear and abilities you have equipped.
Awesome thanks! Sounds like a very flexible system.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I know we can customise the shit out of the javelins but do we also get to choose our character's appearance at the start too? I'm a shallow hoe with simple pleasures :^

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know we can customise the shit out of the javelins but do we also get to choose our character's appearance at the start too? I'm a shallow hoe with simple pleasures :^
You do play as a Pilot and get into a Javelin which you can custom design. I am sure you will have some pilot stuff to change but I don't expect it to be super deep because nobody else can see you!

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see a lot of people interested in Anthem in that 2019 looter shooter thread. If nothing else, I just hope people will check out the game enough to realize it isn't at all a Destiny clone and is actually presenting a unique take on the genre.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Good to see a lot of people interested in Anthem in that 2019 looter shooter thread. If nothing else, I just hope people will check out the game enough to realize it isn't at all a Destiny clone and is actually presenting a unique take on the genre.
I always had faith that Bioware would present a unique look on the genre. I just wasn't sure it would be good, or worse, it would be good, and no one would care. I'm developing hope the last is less and less likely, at least.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I could hold out but I'm weak AF.

Just pre-ordered the game on cdkeys.com
I'm going to hold out for reviews. Between Resident Evil 2 and Crackdown in the new year I have plenty to keep me busy. Then we have that loaded as hell Feb/Mar release window (Division 2, Metro, Sekiro, DMC5 etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.