• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017

Yes.

"The VIP Demo takes place from January 25 - 27, a few weeks before Anthem launches on February 22, 2019. Pre-order, join Origin Access, or join EA Access to experience the VIP Demo. As part of the VIP Demo, you'll also get an exclusive in-game item to show you were the first to play.* "

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/anthem-demos
Sweet. I figured as much but it's nice to have confirmation. Thanks for the reply.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
VIP demo you also get when you have ea access.
I got free codes from EA because i played BFV. So i use that for the demo and then, use it to pre order to game with the 10% discount and EA access is still active when i can play the 10 hour trial.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I will definitely invest $15 into this game.
And if the game is really good, i buy the game later for a discount price and keep playing.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Storm and Colossus are going to be FUN AS FUCK. Interceptor is def going to have a hard time but I honestly cannot WAIT to play as Colossus.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know i have a feeling i played Ranger and Colossus enough already in other games.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I'm honestly so used to switching classes from MMOs that I'll use everything. If something jumps out to become a "main" then so be it!

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017
I forgot - are the levels at which you unlock the javelin suits already finalized and published? I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere, but I can't find anything on it anymore.
Personally all I know is that the Storm is going to be my last unlock, for some reason it's by far the suit I'm least interested in. Much more difficult is the question which Javelin I want to main. I'll probably unlock Colossus first because up until not too long ago I was sure I was going to be playing Colossus mostly. Now even the Interceptor is on the cards again and I really can't decide between those three. Thankfully I'll be able to switch around once I have them unlocked.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
After seeing the Interceptor in action, I wonder how popular Ranger will remain in the long run. I have no doubt Ranger will hold up performance-wise, but somehow having the ability to toss a grenade just doesn't seem that appealing.

I think Ranger will be appealing to the same people who picked Soldier in Mass Effect. Which was most people IIRC

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of in hopes that there is a public demo soon. It does feel like the longer we wait for the release, the more concern some of us get that Anthem might get blown over. I'm looking forward to it, but heck knows that there is alot of uncertainty still there.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using all four. Unlike games like destiny and mass effect where they lock you into a class for an entire campaign, this is a game where you create a character and get to put on different suits.

Does tony stark only use 1 suit per movie?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Kind of in hopes that there is a public demo soon. It does feel like the longer we wait for the release, the more concern some of us get that Anthem might get blown over. I'm looking forward to it, but heck knows that there is alot of uncertainty still there.
There's a VIP demo from Jan 25-29 for EA Access/Origin Access members or those who preorder the Legion of Dawn edition.

If you're not one of those, there's also an open demo for the public right after from Feb 1-3.

They've been very forthcoming and transparent with a ton of footage and information to date.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
There's a VIP demo from Jan 25-29 for EA Access members or those who preorder the Legion of Dawn edition.

If you're not one of those, there's also an open demo for the public right after from Feb 1-3.

They've been very forthcoming and transparent with a ton of footage and information to date.

I'll admit that I'm happy to hear this. I know the only time I got EA Access was for Garden Warfare 2 and canceled it right afterwards, but if a demo will be up at the end of January, I might actually bit and check it out.

As for the information, this would be on the website or youtube page? I guess since I haven't seen the info myself, I assumed the worst, but I wouldn't mind doing some looking into since the few tidbits I have seen did catch my attention.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'll admit that I'm happy to hear this. I know the only time I got EA Access was for Garden Warfare 2 and canceled it right afterwards, but if a demo will be up at the end of January, I might actually bit and check it out.

As for the information, this would be on the website or youtube page? I guess since I haven't seen the info myself, I assumed the worst, but I wouldn't mind doing some looking into since the few tidbits I have seen did catch my attention.
They have it on their website.
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/anthem-demos

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Indeed. There's hours worth of footage, trailers and info from the devs on their YouTube page. They just had a livestream yesterday in fact.

www.youtube.com/anthemgame

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hope there is more customization then colors, I want different helmets and stuff. The next javelin should be droned based for a pet class.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
After watching the Interceptor stream from yesterday...
HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH THE INTERCEPTOR?
Seriously, badass speedy ninja robot exo, what's not to love?
It throws shurikens, has blades, and does flips, come on

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
I've flip-flopped between being excited by the initial reveal, to disappointed at the Destiny style co-op & loot system, to being cautiously optimistic and awaiting reviews.
I need to know how this game feels solo. I'd like to play co-op with friends but I know it will rarely (if ever) happen. I'm not super into teaming up with rando's.

Also, will I care about the world and the characters? I initially thought Destiny would draw me in with a cool sci-fi story, but in the end, I didn't care enough to play Destiny 2.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there is more customization then colors, I want different helmets and stuff. The next javelin should be droned based for a pet class.

I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Wasn't the pre-order bonus (or the special edition?) gives armor packs ? There is also gameplay video with two Colossus with different looks (https://youtu.be/EW8_OJn9oeE?t=184), and I read that they drop as loot and are purely cosmetic (with your stats derived from 'internal' component).

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
For people who are apprehensive about teaming up with randoms, one thing mentioned in a early gameplay video was that quest objectives are designed to be clear enough that a team of four could figure out how to approach them together even without using voice chat. This appeals to me since I don't mind teaming up with randoms but don't really like getting on voice chat

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
After watching the Interceptor stream from yesterday...
HOW DOES ANYBODY NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH THE INTERCEPTOR?
Seriously, badass speedy ninja robot exo, what's not to love?
It throws shurikens, has blades, and does flips, come on
Definitely got me hyped for it. I really want to see the Storm now too.

It's nice that they unlock as the story progresses. I think it will force everyone to try each javelin.

I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Wasn't the pre-order bonus (or the special edition?) gives armor packs ? There is also gameplay video with two Colossus with different looks (https://youtu.be/EW8_OJn9oeE?t=184), and I read that they drop as loot and are purely cosmetic (with your stats derived from 'internal' component).

Yes, Legion of Dawn is only cosmetics. Only cosmetics and new javelin types seem to be the paid content so far. They've said all story content will be free.

Last edited:

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I'm very interested to see if the Storm's powers are going to be as destructive as I want them to be. Seems they're aiming at balancing everyone towards co-op as the most powerful weapon versus just wrecking shop with any one javelin.

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll most likely be maining the Colossus. Love my high health thic boii and I need me those heavy weapons baby.

Thankfully we can pick and choose which Javelin at any point in the game so I'll definitely experiment.
The colossus is really growing on me. The sheer explosive firepower is just so appealing haha. My main knock against the Colossus was that I didn't really like the look of the suit, but then I saw this set-up in the personalization video and realized that Colossus can look super cool too:

colossusz0cq7.png

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely adored ME3 MP and had a decent bit of fun with Andromeda's MP so I do feel that BioWare can make a good go at this. I remember daydreaming what a ME MP-centric game would be like and this kinda feels like what I dreamt of, ME trappings not withstanding. Of course I knew that my self imposed ban on EA products would crumble for this game, I'll most likely be there day one as it really looks to be shaping up nicely.

I really hope we get community events in the vein of the weekly challenges in ME3, although very simplistic they were a lot of fun and the sense of community was great. ME:A dropped the ball hard in this regard (well in a lot of regards, heh [even if I personally enjoyed it]) so hopefully BioWare remembers and expands on that concept. With the way the ME MP modes felt to play I have no doubt this will feel as good if not better to play so hopefully the chase is there, ME:A's grind was fucking obnoxious and completely missed what made ME3's grind enjoyable. Moving away from packs should help in that regard.

I am not too fussed if there is not an astronomical amount of content, I was fine with running what was available at launch for ME3 and post launch support for that game was phenomenal and free. I always bought a few packs after the content drops as a way of showing support (did not spend a dime on ME:A after the fact) so if all turns out well I'll most likely drop a few bucks on MTX. Although I don't play the game, Fortnite seems to have done that right so if this is similar I don't mind. Hell, on the content front I really just need something fun and I can run it over and over- see Destiny and VoG, I played that shit soooo much, even after having everything.

Hopefully some of my friends pick this up or we have a decent community here, I prefer to avoid randoms if at all possible. And hopefully any community built doesn't devolve into "Must run blah blah blah for most efficient blah blah blah...", while that has it's uses and fans it's not always the way I like to play. Had a group of pals in ME3 where we would use a random load out/map/enemy generator and the results would be a bunch of fun!

Is there an ERA Discord channel yet, or any interest in one?

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, thank you for pointing that out! I definitely want to look into such items for self sustain, and combine that some cooldown reduction for my ranger builds down the line :)
To add to my previous post, here is a look at that gear piece we were mentioning earlier:
component2efsk.png

So it is actually a component that provides full shield re-gen upon a multi-kill. So this would be a great perk for fighting mobs of weaker enemies, and could be combined with some crowd control explosive weapons or other AOE abilities.

(also note that the values for the two inscriptions seen here are bugged, they shouldn't be 0%)

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I absolutely adored ME3 MP and had a decent bit of fun with Andromeda's MP so I do feel that BioWare can make a good go at this. I remember daydreaming what a ME MP-centric game would be like and this kinda feels like what I dreamt of, ME trappings not withstanding. Of course I knew that my self imposed ban on EA products would crumble for this game, I'll most likely be there day one as it really looks to be shaping up nicely.

I really hope we get community events in the vein of the weekly challenges in ME3, although very simplistic they were a lot of fun and the sense of community was great. ME:A dropped the ball hard in this regard (well in a lot of regards, heh [even if I personally enjoyed it]) so hopefully BioWare remembers and expands on that concept. With the way the ME MP modes felt to play I have no doubt this will feel as good if not better to play so hopefully the chase is there, ME:A's grind was fucking obnoxious and completely missed what made ME3's grind enjoyable. Moving away from packs should help in that regard.

I am not too fussed if there is not an astronomical amount of content, I was fine with running what was available at launch for ME3 and post launch support for that game was phenomenal and free. I always bought a few packs after the content drops as a way of showing support (did not spend a dime on ME:A after the fact) so if all turns out well I'll most likely drop a few bucks on MTX. Although I don't play the game, Fortnite seems to have done that right so if this is similar I don't mind. Hell, on the content front I really just need something fun and I can run it over and over- see Destiny and VoG, I played that shit soooo much, even after having everything.

Hopefully some of my friends pick this up or we have a decent community here, I prefer to avoid randoms if at all possible. And hopefully any community built doesn't devolve into "Must run blah blah blah for most efficient blah blah blah...", while that has it's uses and fans it's not always the way I like to play. Had a group of pals in ME3 where we would use a random load out/map/enemy generator and the results would be a bunch of fun!

Is there an ERA Discord channel yet, or any interest in one?
Same. I had a lot of fun with ME3 MP and played with some guys from CAG. I've not been super into a MP game since the L4D games, so I'm hoping Anthem is it.

I'd certainly be up for an Era discord. I'm on the Anthem Insider one but I'd prefer to get a pool of era players to play with if I can.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope there is exploration that leads to secret caves full of things to shoot!
There is, seen some alpha videos of it

Are there only human allies in this universe? We won't get the opportunity to create or at least interact with alien races?
Probably not? I doubt they want completely bury ME here. They hinted at cross dimensional fuckery though.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Disappointed, going underwater only as a means of traversal seems unnecessary. It's not like having underwater combat would be vastly different since we are using armor suits.

I never played a game with good underwater combat, it's not easy to pull that one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.