• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I am guessing that the Strongholds stuff with multiple difficulties will keep people going but I don't expect Bioware to hide the endgame too long. Also, the Shaper Storms could be in multiple times of gameplay so they might mix things up a bit. Will be good to see a content time-line.
With 3 Strongholds confirmed, that'll last one weekend.

Games like this always leave me on the edge, I really enjoyed my time with the demo but again there is the sheer lack of content. If majority if the game is going to be story missions which range from forgettable to just filler, not sure if it's going to be worth anyones time.
I hope they can ease some of the concerns soon.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Games like this always leave me on the edge, I really enjoyed my time with the demo but again there is the sheer lack of content. If majority if the game is going to be story missions which range from forgettable to just filler, not sure if it's going to be worth anyones time.
I don't see people wrapping up Master 1 and above in a weekend. They need 30 and high tier of items to even enter. I am sure a few diehards will do some crazy hours.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
IlI63V1.jpg

got these harvesting some dirty looking pod near fort tarsis

Nice. I got 200 of em last night for finishing the Weekly. I... have no idea what the weekly actually *is* mind you but apparently I finished it. It's under Challenges > Path to Glory or Path to Gold or something like that.

But yeah those embers make the second to highest quality gear in the game. You just have to have the Blueprints first and it'll take awhile to get those unlocked all the way to Masterwork and Legendary levels I think.

Oct 26, 2017

Wait there's only 3?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Just did the stronghold on hard and had a great time. No communication, but everyone was working together. 3 Storms and 1 Ranger, lol. Storm is OP.

Any way to replay the story missions? They're gone from my mission map.
Go to the Expedition select screen and in the bottom right you'll see what you need to press to do quickplay. For me on PS4 that's Square. Then you can choose to quickplay for missions or strongholds.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Gave my friend a referral code, he linked his psn to ea and on the ea website it says he has access, but after downloading the demo on ps4 it says he doesn't have access. Any ideas?

Oct 25, 2017
Fortaleza
The game never worked for me on Xbox one X.

Tried re-install, tried to load different mission.

Never got past the mission load screen.

The only thing I was able to see was the city and it looks booring, lifeless, and runs pretty bad.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had the infinite load at all today,ps4.

Love the core combat mechanics, hate the UI.

Trying to see where attacks agree coming from and my teammates location in the open areas of the stronghold are brutal

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Blech. That was pretty terrible. Playing on X1X and I felt like opening my cabinet to make sure that someone hadn't put a base X1 in there. So disappointing from a visual standpoint. Massive downgrade from first look supposedly running on X1X. Terrible UI. And that's not even taking into account the bugs and freezes.

And all of those loading screens and random British accents. Tarsis is the most pointless hub I've experienced in a while, and the actual gameplay is quite boring.

I love BioWare, but this is a hard pass for me. Hope they find success with it.

Jan 4, 2018
Yo, Colossus is absolutely bonkers. I was initially worried because of some of the impressions I'd been reading about him, but he's right up my alley and seems mostly balanced.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
People deciding to still buy this day one despite the technical shitshow it is, is why EA is still allowed to release games like BF4, Andromeda etc. in their launch state.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Can you craft anything with it? My OCD is kicking in big time now, getting both javelins to 134 seemed like all I could do, but now...
i dont seem to have any blueprints. Someone i played with last nite told me that i can scrap gear for materials and i could craft blue weapons. But i wasn't able to. It only gives me the option to craft Common weapons. I just screenshotted this because someone in my squad didn't believe me when i told him i got masterwork embers. He told me it wasn't possible cuz it wasn't in the demo lol

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Can you craft anything with it? My OCD is kicking in big time now, getting both javelins to 134 seemed like all I could do, but now...

Not possible. In order to craft items past the Common quality, you have to unlock the Blueprints by doing the challenges associated with that item. All the challenges in the demo are capped at Tier 2, so the best you can unlock is Rare quality.

Edit: In order to see the Challenges, Open up your Journal (J on PC), then you'll see a bunch of tabs on the top, including Challenges. There's stuff for Strongholds, Missions, Weapons, Components, and more.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Not possible. In order to craft items past the Common quality, you have to unlock the Blueprints by doing the challenges associated with that item. All the challenges in the demo are capped at Tier 2, so the best you can unlock is Rare quality.

Right that's how it works... I was wondering why rare crafting of certain things only appeared "randomly" - cheers!

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Up to 6 crashes in this strongholhld with one during the final boss that wouldnt let me into the room after rejoining.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
would be cool if the game would actually give me the experience I earn so I could unlock a new javelin

but whatever

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

point is, these GaaS games are there to hook you and have you coming back. these are not meant to be played like a subscription based MMO 24/7, they are meant to played for a certain amount of time or to the point you exhaust the content and wait for more that you have a reason to return. it is all about drip feeding content to you.

surely they have 10 strongholds ready but only are giving 3 on release so that everytime they release a new one they have people and gaming sites saying "cool! a new stronghold!" and have players coming back to the game, it generates free buzz for the new content.

that being said if they don´t announce more content for the "endgame" i foresee this game running out of steam quickly. for most people more content is not playing the same stuff that is there on hard, ultra hard and super duper hard but many different stuff to do.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My audio has gone out completely and the way-point marker is no help at all, doing the Triple Threat mission, and we have no clue where to go

Pandora is a maze, too big for your jet pack to constantly overheat.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
point is, these GaaS games are there to hook you and have you coming back. these are not meant to be played like a subscription based MMO 24/7, they are meant to played for a certain amount of time or to the point you exhaust the content and wait for more that you have a reason to return. it is all about drip feeding content to you.

surely they have 10 strongholds ready but only are giving 3 on release so that everytime they release a new one they have people and gaming sites saying "cool! a new stronghold!" and have players coming back to the game, it generates free buzz for the new content.

that being said if they don´t announce more content for the "endgame" i foresee this game running out of steam quickly. for most people more content is not playing the same stuff that is there on hard, ultra hard and super duper hard but many different stuff to do.
Yeah, I agree.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
i dont seem to have any blueprints. Someone i played with last nite told me that i can scrap gear for materials and i could craft blue weapons. But i wasn't able to. It only gives me the option to craft Common weapons. I just screenshotted this because someone in my squad didn't believe me when i told him i got masterwork embers. He told me it wasn't possible cuz it wasn't in the demo lol

I got 50 of those too.

Oct 25, 2017
People deciding to still buy this day one despite the technical shitshow it is, is why EA is still allowed to release games like BF4, Andromeda etc. in their launch state.
I think a great deal of people 'buying' it day one have EA premier.
Me too, but instead of gambling away 60 or more USD, why not wait until after it's alrrady out instead of rewarding shoddy, rushed design if it turns out to be a shitshow?
Cause you don't have to pay $60, Premier is $14.99 a month. I could do everything in the game within a month, cancel and come back later for a drastically reduced price. I'm betting this game is gonna hit $34.99 or less within three months.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I've been away all weekend and only just got back home. I'd been browsing this topic so went on with limited expectations.

And, frankly, I've got no idea if this game is good or not.

I played for 30 minutes or so. Flew around a bit. Hit some bullet sponge enemies. Went to some beacons. Defended an area. More bullet sponges. Flew to the next area.

I was spamming my attacks and hoping for the best and, with attritional tactics, got through.

I dont think I picked up any loot or weapons? Or if I did, I had no indication or marker to suggest i had. The 'tutorials' being all text is not very engaging.

I am sure there is a better or proper way to play this, and may be I am missing something?

The performance on the One x doesn't help either. Really disappointing, especially as I loved Mass Effect combat and thought we would see similar here.

So it is EA Access trial for me and we go from there. Hopefully it has a 'proper' tutorial or at least teaches you into the mechanics.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I think a great deal of people 'buying' it day one have EA premier.

Cause you don't have to pay $60, Premier is $14.99 a month. I could do everything in the game within a month, cancel and come back later for a drastically reduced price. I'm betting this game is gonna hit $34.99 or less within three months.

you could also buy the game, play it and sell it for 50 bucks if it turns out shitty, it is AAA, there will be buyers for sure.this amounts to the same than paying 15 bucks for nothing.

or even better wait a few days how it runs and buy it used so that EA doesn´t get your money .-)

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to make the loot far more interesting and an event when you're getting it than what there actually is in the demo. I'll say it again, what's up with the fuck up icons for weapons, items and abilities? It's a HUGE turn off for me.

Also the character models and faces look quite improved from Andromeda, so why don't you let me go without helmet?

So many odd decisions in this game that makes me believe this game isn't going to take off like they expected it would... Shame though, cause underneath all that it can be fun to play with some friends.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I'm having lots of issues with people going afk on xbox. It's really frustrating starting the stronghold with 3 people then having one fo them drop out and the other person starts to play then just stands around forever.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This game needs some work. I did a "strike" and we got an objective just called "explore the tunnels" my group couldnt figure out where to go. Without text chat on pc I could not tell my other team that I found the exit.

Destiny has you going just forward with objectives between it. They need to delay this and really do some work on it.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
This game needs some work. I did a "strike" and we got an objective just called "explore the tunnels" my group couldnt figure out where to go. Without text chat on pc I could not tell my other team that I found the exit.

Destiny has you going just forward with objectives between it. They need to delay this and really do some work on it.
Not gonna happen. EA wants this game out asap.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm having lots of issues with people going afk on xbox. It's really frustrating starting the stronghold with 3 people then having one fo them drop out and the other person starts to play then just stands around forever.

You assume they intentionally AFK instead of crashing out, game freezing and/or being kicked out servers.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Completely lost in this game and so are my squad of randos, on top of that my audio is completely gone.

The flying is cool, the controls are ok, its a gorgeous game I wish I could get far enough to unlock the Storm but this is just too much work.

Great fun with other people mind

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

when you enter a cave/tunnel/dungeon the rest of the group will be teleported to you. as long as one person finds the objective the whole group is fine. but on the other hand this is what produces "random" loading screens for all party members

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to come around on this game after getting used to the controls and lowering the flight sens (PC). I've upgraded a few things but I'm lost once I'm out in free-roam. I'll trigger an area for "quest" but there's nothing around. Then if I leave the area it just teleports me back. I think I just need to get used to things. I tried a dungeon and had a good time with 2 others. We didn't talk but focused down the bigger enemies together.

When can you unlock different javelins? Saw a guy with a hulk looking beast that looked pretty badass.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm starting to come around on this game after getting used to the controls and lowering the flight sens (PC). I've upgraded a few things but I'm lost once I'm out in free-roam. I'll trigger an area for "quest" but there's nothing around. Then if I leave the area it just teleports me back. I think I just need to get used to things. I tried a dungeon and had a good time with 2 others. We didn't talk but focused down the bigger enemies together.

When can you unlock different javelins? Saw a guy with a hulk looking beast that looked pretty badass.
Level 12 and you get the choose.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I mostly agree with your impressions but here I have to say that Anthem is way above Destiny in terms of combat and gameplay strategies. I started playing on PS4 but playing it on PC @4k60fps made me realize how good and dynamic the combat actually is, it MIGHT even become the best game ever made if they can capture the feel of Diablo 3 in that kind of environment. They mentioned quite a few times that they were inspired by Diablo and this is exactly what they need to do to make this game perfect. (which also means, no time-wasting "search for 12 Fragments" missions, just give us more to kill wiith lots of different customizable skills to choose from)

Major hyperbole. Aside from that they won't be able to capture the feeling of D3 unless all the activities and navigation are quick, easy and accessible. So far the game had been the opposite of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.