• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Level 12 - just hope you don't run into the XP bug, if you get it you can't get the 2nd javelin for now.

They fixed that yesterday and unlocked the javelin token for everyone upon hitting the proper level, shouldn't be an issue anymore
Currently only strongholds and legendary contacts are the only "endgame" we know about.
3 more weeks to announce something substantial - hope we get something

Yeah - you only can pick a new javelin once even though you sometimes get the message that you can now pick one.
But thats just a bug.

Shaper storms are still an unknown too. We haven't heard anything about those since they were shown at the end of the E3 reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The PC version doesn't even look remotely close to that. The density in the footage is on a totally different level.
Watched it again and I don't feel like I saw anything other than the volume of wildlife that looked different to the demo on PC. Foliage is about the same. Lighting is about the same. Animations are about the same. Item pickup overlay is gone and weapon sounds are nowhere near as good. Not everyplace has heavy foliage but if you just want to stand in some dense foliage you certainly can do so.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did anyone else notice the option on the map when choosing what to do, it says more rewards for joining a stronghold etc in progress? I guess that's to make up for missing the early loot if you join in with the boss?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it again and I don't feel like I saw anything other than the volume of wildlife that looked different to the demo on PC. Foliage is about the same. Lighting is about the same. Animations are about the same. Item pickup overlay is gone and weapon sounds are nowhere near as good. Not everyplace has heavy foliage but if you just want to stand in some dense foliage you certainly can do so.

Are we watching the same video? No footage or screenshots I've seen pretty much since that video has looked nearly as good.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Did anyone else notice the option on the map when choosing what to do, it says more rewards for joining a stronghold etc in progress? I guess that's to make up for missing the early loot if you join in with the boss?

Also can make group hopping certain type looting meta, just join and leave Strongholds until you get group at end boss or about to kill end boss.

Zero work, all profit.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Watched it again and I don't feel like I saw anything other than the volume of wildlife that looked different to the demo on PC. Foliage is about the same. Lighting is about the same. Animations are about the same. Item pickup overlay is gone and weapon sounds are nowhere near as good.
Hubworld in the demo and in the footage are just completely different in terms of number of NPCs, things moving in the background, and likely even how quests are handled out. Then as to the exploratory sections, creature density is almost non-existent in the demo. The particles look richer such as the bullet trails when the person is flying and encountering enemy fire. Environment interactions look significantly more fleshed out as well such as when that walker is hit and crashes into trees.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
World events should show up on the map, currently you just have to aimlessly fly around and hope to find one.

This is ending in 30 minutes btw?

Taikeny

Oct 27, 2017
Flamethrower/Lightning Coil on the colossus just melts enemies. They dont stand a chance they get comboed into oblivion

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I do find it odd especially when we're talking about missions that are instanced and they have enough info about where the player is heading to be able to stream the next area in the background. I'd like to think it's a demo issue, but that's probably giving them too much benefit of the doubt at this stage.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Just did the stronghold on hard and had a great time. No communication, but everyone was working together. 3 Storms and 1 Ranger, lol. Storm is OP.

Any way to replay the story missions? They're gone from my mission map.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
compare for yourself:

looks nothing like that on the consoles... in fact it is even a more severe downgrade than Watch Dogs ever had.
even when comparing with the user recorded PC footage above it is clear that this is severely downgraded.

the presented gameplay slice was never xbox One X footage

Oh shit. I actually looked the reveal up in 4k... crazy downgrade in everything from lighting quality to explosion effects.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Been getting the loading screen bugs 90% of the time. And when I do play I get stuck on the mission where you fight the walker thing because it matches me with no team mates.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
For a loot game they really, really need to improve the loot drop fanfare. Doing a mission and then realizing after in the menus that I've gotten like 30 loot drops and had no idea is not good for a loot game. If the loot is dropping in the world it should be really clear when that happens. And you have to be able to equip the new gear while out in the world. Having to go back to Tarsis and then into another menu to change loot is insane.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just did the stronghold on hard and had a great time. No communication, but everyone was working together. 3 Storms and 1 Ranger, lol. Storm is OP.

Any way to replay the story missions? They're gone from my mission map.
Once they are done, that's it. Apart from the freeroam and stronghold, that's about it.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
hydruxo said:
Shaper storms are still an unknown too. We haven't heard anything about those since they were shown at the end of the E3 reveal.

Oh, yeah I forgot about those since we haven't heard anything about them again so far, hope they are still in - could be interesting and give them some freedom for additional environments.

Flamethrower/Lightning Coil on the colossus just melts enemies. They dont stand a chance they get comboed into oblivion

So much fun:D made me glad I've chosen the colossus as my 2nd javelin.
From the skill chart it looks like the most fun setup as long as you have a lot of small/medium enemies and the coil working even when the shield is up makes it even better.

Another thing that they should change is the end of the strongholds, at least in the demo it's just "yeah, you are done - here is the timer".
Give us a big chest with some crazy sounds and nice animations!

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so the game will always match you up with players at your level (or close to it)?...how does enemy scaling work?...same way?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

I think you need some glasses

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Based upon Lore, the Shaper relics created and destroyed things, hence the world in Anthem. What I hope is that the Shaper Storms work like Diablo 3 rifts and each one randomly created with unknown things. Would be a fitting endgame option.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
yea this game is far from optimized at least on the xbx. unacceptable framerates dipping into what looks like the 10s in a serious firefight. mechanically the game seems ok, but with the overabundant particle effects it all just feels very messy.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You didn't read his question. He already has a second javelin. He wanted to change it from Interceptor to Colossus.

Oh! Then yes I understand. That's definitely PC on Ultra. I did t realize they were trying to pass that as running on an XOX.

PC on Ultra looks nothing like the original reveal. It looks like a next gen game in the reveal in several regards, mostly lighting quality, geometric detail, NPC numbers and alpha effects.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's getting annoying having to close out the game Everytime I want to launch a mission and retrying. How does Microsofts return policy work in scenarios like this. Am I stuck with this game now?

Dec 14, 2017
Anybody have access to the demo at this moment that did not pre-order or is origin access member? I'm neither and am downloading it now. A friend was able to download it to and played it, and also is neither.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody have access to the demo at this moment that did not pre-order or is origin access member? I'm neither and am downloading it now. A friend was able to download it to and played it, and also is neither.
Anyone can download it since it's the same demo that will be open to everyone next weekend. Whether or not you can play it yet will be the issue.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Hyperbole much. Did you play the game maxed on PC? I wouldn't call it a "crazy downgrade".

the reveal was literally announced as "being recorded on a Xbox One X". it was marketing for the Xbox One X to show what this console can achieve.

Surely the console versions had a crazy downgrade because it doesn´t even come close to the Microsoft presser reveal. why should footage which was announced as live recorded console footage compare to high end(!) pc graphics?

and even with that, the PC recorded videos i see from the demo look badder than the reveal for sure...

Soviet Bear

May 25, 2018
For a loot game they really, really need to improve the loot drop fanfare. Doing a mission and then realizing after in the menus that I've gotten like 30 loot drops and had no idea is not good for a loot game. If the loot is dropping in the world it should be really clear when that happens. And you have to be able to equip the new gear while out in the world. Having to go back to Tarsis and then into another menu to change loot is insane.

It's clear when you pick up loot in-mission. But if you don't finish a mission from DCing or crashing or something else, the next time you finish (or manually end) a mission, you'll receive the loot all together.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the stronghold and the game just pops a loading screen in the middle of the battle. Then it of course gets stuck on the loading screen

This is the biggest piece of shit demo ever.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Based upon Lore, the Shaper relics created and destroyed things, hence the world in Anthem. What I hope is that the Shaper Storms work like Diablo 3 rifts and each one randomly created with unknown things. Would be a fitting endgame option.

Shaper storms will be at launch? Because we havent heard anything about that

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
IlI63V1.jpg

got these harvesting some dirty looking pod near fort tarsis

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Shaper storms will be at launch? Because we havent heard anything about that
I am guessing that the Strongholds stuff with multiple difficulties will keep people going but I don't expect Bioware to hide the endgame too long. Also, the Shaper Storms could be in multiple times of gameplay so they might mix things up a bit. Will be good to see a content time-line.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5GSfs9fi4

Watch that from start to finish in 4k then tell me it looks the same as the PC version lol...
I did and besides the obvious change in Fort Tarsis, the demo looks like a different biome or a different location from the one in the reveal. Assets, animations, post processing, the demo has it all. Yes, the reveal looks better but it isn't a "crazy downgrade".

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I bet the first big content update will come 1 month after launch, right after the division 2 :P

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Like.... I REALLY want to love this game. The core combat loop is absolutely stellar

...but my god, technical issues. I've been trying load a fucking single mission for the past hr and its STILL getting caught in infinite loading loops (PS4Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.