• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
You usually fly around, the game tells you and marks a place. Go there and do the mission. Done!
Other than the regular short events, seems like sometimes you can also trigger a side mission which leads you to a dungeon. I came across this one earlier.
JZXNNFg.jpg

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is so frustrating - I can't unlock any Javelin. I went to Freeroam, gained level 12... I'm back at HUB and it shows I'm level 11. XP progress disappears :/

Also... I thought they've said microtransactions will be cosmetic only, huh?

Z6ZfGnE.jpg

Buying crafting materials with coins?

Coins are in-game currency

The premium currency is shards

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
This is so frustrating - I can't unlock any Javelin. I went to Freeroam, gained level 12... I'm back at HUB and it shows I'm level 11. XP progress disappears :/

Also... I thought they've said microtransactions will be cosmetic only, huh?

Z6ZfGnE.jpg

Buying crafting materials with coins?
Coins are not purchasable with real life money. There is a different currency for that.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Planned on getting the game anyways but when I couldn't get in the VIP demo I just pre ordered it. I ended up having a blast and time went by extremely fast. Only Javelin's I used were Ranger and Storm, actually like both so may end up using more than 1 Javelin when I do get the game.

While I loved it there were a few issue with the demo. One time the sound just got fucked up where there was no sound at all in the game and my friend in the party chat sounded weird and the other issue is the usual loading screen. I would've given up if my friend wasn't also playing.

I had that happen last night too while doing the stronghold and I thought my headset short circuited or something. After I restarted the game it seemed fine but that freaked me out when it happened.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Has it been graphically downgraded since the first demo? I didn't really notice tbh. It looks pretty insane like most modern AAA open World games.

The framerate when out in the World on the X is pretty rough. It definitely impacts controller response as the combat feels much better in smaller areas when the framerate improves.

Any framerate analysis yet?

compare for yourself:

looks nothing like that on the consoles... in fact it is even a more severe downgrade than Watch Dogs ever had.
even when comparing with the user recorded PC footage above it is clear that this is severely downgraded.

the presented gameplay slice was never xbox One X footage

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
I think I got as much out of the demo as I could - 7 hours played, all blue with the components i wanted, ran the stronghold muliple times on hard and had fun with my friends once the technical stuff got better.
Still glad that there is origin access premier for this as I'm not sure how this will end (technical issues etc.).

Also only having 3 strongholds at release makes me a bit sad - sure you can rerun them, but I fear this will get stale within weeks.

Here is hoping for a big end game announcement soon and maybe some new content for demo 2.
The shock coil + flame thrower colossus was so much fun though:D Trash mobs just explode in a shower of "combo" letters.

Oct 25, 2017
compare for yourself:

looks nothing like that on the consoles... in fact it is even a more severe downgrade than Watch Dogs ever had.
even when comparing with the user recorded PC footage above it is clear that this is severely downgraded.

It doesn't look anywhere near like that on PC.
Also only having 3 strongholds at release makes me a bit sad - sure you can rerun them, but I fear this will get stale within weeks.
Wut. Also no raid on release, correct? So 3 dungeons, public events, normal campaign, and 'lost sectors'.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, despite the website saying I have VIP access and using my referral code to give people invites to the demos working, when I open the game it says I dont have VIP access LOL. I cant even use someone elses invite code because when I click on it it says I already have access! This is ridiculous.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can comfortably play solo on hard now, also hit 130 GS.

The Colossus health bug is also true, happens mid session sometimes and there is no way to do anything about it unless you quit.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played the class, but it only deflects frontal damage no? In a game that has shit coming in from everywhere.
Yes, frontal only, so lots of swapping around to see where you get shot from. It's also good for slamming things down or charging at them also does damage. I hope they have some more mods for the shield, maybe some back defence.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
compare for yourself:

Man, it really is crazy how good that looks compared to now

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
compare for yourself:

Wow, I completely forgot that he explicitly said that it was running on Xbox One X.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So did Stronghold on Hard with 3 randos, we were 1x Colossus and 3x Storm.

After all the hype here and discords I expected more of an challenge. Once other 2 Storm players stopped pushing too far ahead and we did steady slow push as one front whole first section with those glowy orb collections became easy rolfstomp. Boss was less spongy also than I expected, but everyone of us had Devastators (9k to 12k crits to boss) and Storms just took turns ulting on the boss :D

Overall it was decent fun, expected more of an challenge.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way to pick a different javelin as your second, right?

I just wanna use the colossus... thought I'd like the Interceptor more, but the melee in Anthem feels really off.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
compare for yourself:

Damn this is bringing back some Killzone PS3 E3 memories at how much they oversold what this game was going to be. I forgot they actually claimed this was running on the X1X at the time. Maybe next gen in a few years for Anthem 2.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018

I just wanna use the colossus... thought I'd like the Interceptor more, but the melee in Anthem feels really off.
Once you hit lvl 12 you can unlock another javelin. Go to the forge and hit y or triangle and pick which one you want

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
ArrogantBastard said:
Wut. Also no raid on release, correct? So 3 dungeons, public events, normal campaign, and 'lost sectors'.

Currently only strongholds and legendary contacts are the only "endgame" we know about.
3 more weeks to announce something substantial - hope we get something

Yeah - you only can pick a new javelin once even though you sometimes get the message that you can now pick one.
But thats just a bug.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I just exited a cave and after the loading screen this happened...

EKTWmopiCAS80WVjnimHAYLGzy4ggaEyOB59ZPvb5hPnM-cjZTA3tpiggLeIqVrne0aeGXkdkEThKtNQ6ZTVJBf31lqxvjfz1u464cna1dYEwsHr50g3nGtknkuzRp9nMbcdY7yRVQ=w2400

EnIY7Je9p3rS2UNGXxbnHIIyqJUdVT3XodqwMviGM0xw9UBwsWVRunu7fJLwxBQHDK8Xm94hwBF909xxwcoElGgWPR8_29UvQRc4UIs2CH40RZggffXSwApH8GLy8uALmNKq7lTCXw=w2400

Sg15ikyyHqW20_epX8M-VJgKav3lVsvQdn_lDN-iZi1Esl71s3xXl50TLCi6I4VCM-jmf-qmXeXvOloDuA5iDm0La55vsliJk4km4do-PRnnkX1IJNnI480TyDRrlAvipUhvMLrPng=w2400

I'm subbed to Origin Access Premier & I'm enjoying the demo for the most part so I'm definitely playing the game once it releases but damn, I hope this demo was a super early build.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Usually we would have gotten frame rate and graphics analysis by now. The only thing I found was the frame rate test on Xbox One S.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Having trouble finding good low cool down ability combos for Storm. Recommendations?

Frost Shards + Lightning Strike are good combo even in Stronghold. Both have quick-ish CD, deal good damage and enables you to solo prime multiple targets before detonating them with LS.

I fiddled around with some other stuff, but nothing feels as fast and effective to use as those two skills.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
compare for yourself:

Maybe I need to get my eyes checked because outside of lower creature density that is exactly what the game looks like on my PC. Lighting, particles, detail.

Sad they went so far away from showing you your item drops while playing. Also why do the guns sound so much better in this video? Why did they get downgraded?

Frost Shards + Lightning Strike are good combo even in Stronghold. Both have quick-ish CD, deal good damage and enables you to solo prime multiple targets before detonating them with LS.

I fiddled around with some other stuff, but nothing feels as fast and effective to use as those two skills.
Yea that's what I was using. I tried a couple of other combos but longer cooldowns made them less enjoyable.

I really just want to spam abilities. :O

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Once you hit lvl 12 you can unlock another javelin. Go to the forge and hit y or triangle and pick which one you want
You didn't read his question. He already has a second javelin. He wanted to change it from Interceptor to Colossus.

the Bioware guy claims that this was recorded on a XBX though, what they are showing there are high end pc visuals
Oh! Then yes I understand. That's definitely PC on Ultra. I did t realize they were trying to pass that as running on an XOX.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Dumb question but when can I switch to a different Javelin? Have only played through the first mission so far (on both PS4 and PC) and am getting sick of the Ranger.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Once you hit level 12, go to your forge and it'll let you pick a new one
Level 12 and you get to pick which one and you're stuck with that choice.
Reach level 12, it will happen automatically.

As I've just learned for myself, you only get one pick, though. So make it count!
Level 12 - just hope you don't run into the XP bug, if you get it you can't get the 2nd javelin for now.
Thank you.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I forced the game to run at 1080p and it improved a lot. The indoor part in the triple threat quest was running at 50fps I swear.

I dont know why they didnt offer that option in the menu, like MHW did.

a few days ago this Gamble guy was tweeting that they were developing the game for 4K/30 on consoles, why the heck should anyone force the game to run at 1080p, it is badly optimized if that is case or the engine is not suited for such a game on consoles

Frostbite is known to have issues on consoles, texture streaming is one of these problems, in nearly every Frostbite game you can see the textures loading in when you enter an area, same in Anthem. For me there is nothing more immersion breaking than seeing textures loading in because in this moment i can see "into" the game and my illusion is broken.

That is the problem if you try to make every game in one engine, some games like a shared open world shooter is maybe not suited for this engine. performance on consoles is showing that. even with forcing 1080p it wildly fluctuates and there is judder, it just doesn´t run fine. add to this the loading screens, the sometimes flickering textures, the general IQ, the lower rez mountain and ground textures, it doesn´t look coherent at all. character models look like from another game compared to the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.