• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Bungie with Vanilla Destiny 2 did that, it was their design choices to make the game what people hated about it. It wasn't the game people were expecting but the execution of it was flawless.

Anthem's technical issues are the least of it's problems, some extremely awful design decisions are what going to bury the game and the shitty excuse of "it evolves over time" it's pathetic.

hell no...you have a selective memory or have amnesia...Destiny 2 was killed at launch by fans of the original and even newcomers...it took until the Forsaken expansion for the game to feel complete...

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to play the game late at night with no problems once server load was down. Was actually a lot of fun. Seems like they have a solid core here but my guess is that the live demo and launch period will be a clusterfuck since I doubt they will be delaying the game to fix it. Thinking about waiting it out for the inevitable discounts if that's the case

astro

Oct 25, 2017
AXw0n0.jpg

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Audio is completely broken, sounds suddenly just stop working.

Sometimes it's so silent that I wonder if it's a bug or if the game is so quiet.

Also WTF at the echo or whatever effect it is when taking to NPCs in the city.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That statement reeks of PR trying to downplay this. Well I can't blame them as this weekend is an epic dumpster fire. Bioware really screwed the pooch with this demo.

Also doesn't give me much faith going forward in regards to Q&A testing for launch.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
Has anyone gotten the PS4 controller to work on the PC version? I saw someone say it can be done with Steam Overlay but I just got back into PC gaming and I'm not sure how to do so.

Topper

Oct 27, 2017
Having a lot of fun with this, played on 1X and PC so far. Same issues on both with expeditions not fulling loading but force closing and coming back in on both platforms seems to work. I tried storm on 1X and interceptor on PC. Both were pretty cool, once you start getting drops with different types of attacks you can tell there's a lot of potential for various builds. Game looks pretty good on 1X but I think it looks absolutely fantastic on PC, i'm playing on ultra @ 1440p and I can't help but grin at all the cool looking shit going on during fights. I was planning on playing xbox mainly because of friends but I think i'm going to have to ditch them for PC. I also don't see how people can say it looks bland/generic, i know opinions vary and all that but this is one of the best looking games I've played. The detail on the javelins is crazy.

Its a day one for me, can't wait for launch.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That statement reeks of PR trying to downplay this. Well I can't blame them as this weekend is an epic dumpster fire. Bioware really screwed the pooch with this demo.

Also doesn't give me much faith going forward in regards to Q&A testing for launch.
Looking back, Bioware probably should have opened up the Alpha to loads of people to break the connection then, instead of trying to deal with it a month before it launches.

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017
I have six friends that are playing with me, all over the globe. We all get the loading bug every single time we launch an expedition. All of us. Always.
Apparently it is wide spread enough to take up one of the three points they make...so yah I think its screwing with quite a large portion of people trying to play.
What makes you say this?

I can't imagine a bug that happens very frequently isn't being experienced by many people
That post could not have been any more sarcastic than it already is guys.

Oct 27, 2017
Videos are all over youtube now (angry joe, gamespot, etc). The flying gets high marks, but the gamespot video is titled "The future of Anthem is up in the air" which is good, or bad.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Managed to play the game late at night with no problems once server load was down. Was actually a lot of fun. Seems like they have a solid core here but my guess is that the live demo and launch period will be a clusterfuck since I doubt they will be delaying the game to fix it. Thinking about waiting it out for the inevitable discounts if that's the case

Give it 3-4 months to hit $29.99 like BFV, hopefully near summer should be something worth playing lol.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
hell no...you have a selective memory or have amnesia...Destiny 2 was killed at launch by fans of the original and even newcomers...it took until the Forsaken expansion for the game to feel complete...
maybe, but in terms of launch it was pretty flawless. i had 0 issues with destiny. Ive had 50 issues with a demo of anthem. destiny 2 may be cra whatever you want, but its launch was better than this clusterfuck of errors, which they will not solve by launch date, i guarantee you that.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
maybe, but in terms of launch it was pretty flawless. i had 0 issues with destiny. Ive had 50 issues with a demo of anthem. destiny 2 may be cra whatever you want, but its launch was better than this clusterfuck of errors, which they will not solve by launch date, i guarantee you that.

I think they're going to solve the infinite loading and connection issues before next weeks open beta...the open beta is probably more important to BioWare as a much greater amount of people will be playing

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
So if we get the infinite loading glitch, should we expect it to happen every time, or will it eventually work with enough retries? Three times in a row now for me and my friends.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I want to say the flying could be fun, but the game spends most of its time hovering around the low 20's so everything feels like shit.

Oct 25, 2017
No, they really don't. And now a developer trying to be transparent is "damage control".
The hate is strong here.
They shouldn't have put this out in the state that it is in. It is basically an open beta considering you only need to pre-order and then cancel or ask for one of the three beta codes that go out. There is a great deal of bad PR out there on this game now, if next weekend isn't flawless they are going to have some major difficulties.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
So if we get the infinite loading glitch, should we expect it to happen every time, or will it eventually work with enough retries? Three times in a row now for me and my friends.
I had the glitch earlier in the day but at late night it was smooth sailing. Probably a server load issue of some sort

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Well think I'm done. Cleared the stronghold a couple times on hard and flew around as much of the world as I could. Kinda wish I went Storm in hindsight but Interceptor was fun even if their combo integration is annoying.

I'm kinda meh on the whole thing. The flying was cool but even with a bunch of the skills I wasn't really feeling the combat. Bugs are bugs and I'm sure they will be ironed out in time but even without them it was kinda a deflating experience for me. I wanted more flying around and exploring and less third person shooting with the same kinds of standard weapons. Maybe when you get enough skills and lowered cooldowns that is where the game would be but will see.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
not knowing how long itll take to fix the infinite load bug is a huge red flag. Guessing it won't be fixed by the open demo next weekend then

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wait they might not fix the infinite loading this weekend? I have yet to finish the first mission because of it. In fact I have not been able to start the mission again. Always get stuck at loading.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait they might not fix the infinite loading this weekend? I have yet to finish the first mission because of it. In fact I have not been able to start the mission again. Always get stuck at loading.
They are saying they don't know if they can without adversely screwing with everyone else, so you will probably be shit out of luck.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Okay the game is really fun. It looks really good though the game is really starting to show the age of my computer. So not sure what will be best for optimal setting but I'll have to tweak stuff.

Flight is really weird though for m/kb. Takes some time to get used to but a controller would be more ideal for it.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Quit the game and reload. Should give you the option to continue when you get to the main menu. But quitting and reloading always works. Over and over again if one is so inclined.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Judging by some of the Twitter responses by Darrah and this PR release, it sounds like they have no clue what's causing the infinite loading. We'll see but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't fixed in this entire demo cycle.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Ugh I keep giving the demo chances but then I got that stupid damn loading bug.ci quit out of the demo and it'll happen again at a different spot

Oct 25, 2017
o i didn't even hear about that one. I'm mainly getting randomly booted, infinite loads some rubberbanding.

Love the flying and combat with a group can be fun with all the combos but yeah if its gonna be a mess at launch, I'm gonna cancel
Yep, not sure how widespread it is, but its on their forums and people here have experienced it. It basically locks your account out of earning XP. I'm level locked 80% into level 11, says I'm earning xp, the bar is full, try to go back to the fort it displays that you are level 0 while adding up the xp and you load into the fort exactly where you were before starting. GG no trying out Storm javelin.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
lol i play through a few objectives, talking to the door, clearing out some dominion camps, with pretty bad rubber banding and then i get sent to an infinite loading screen

yeah...

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I applied the config changes that have been mentioned other places for removing negative mouse acceleration on PC. I'm not totally happy with the sensitivity I set it at. I'd want to more tweaking around with it. It does, however, feel night and day difference compared to before. My aim actually goes where I want it.

Biggest issue remaining is the joystick flying. With negative mouse acceleration removed, you can absolutely feel the joystick conversion. Those smaller, more precise movements you make don't register with the algorithm they're using to convert mouse input into. Flight only registers if you move your mouse a significant amount, and it just does not feel smooth right now.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I finally got to play a little this afternoon, after having with connection issues and having to contact Origin support because my Xbox had the wrong account linked to it.

I mostly liked what I played of the combat. I didn't think the movement within the fort was too slow. FPS sprinting could be sped up a little and it would be fine.

Loading the menus and the forge is too slow. And I don't like not unlocking loot until the end of a mission. It completely kills any sense of hunting for loot that I want from these types of games.

What I don't get is the random loading screens while out in the world. I REALLY hope those aren't in the game at launch. It's creates a terrible flow for the game.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a message in-game about the server shutting down in 1.5 hours. Any idea what that's about?

@BenIrvo: If you see server shutting down messages in game, it's about your specific server (4 people) not the entire game service. Sometimes we change server settings and need to refresh the servers to apply the updates. You should be able to launch a new server with no "downtime"

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Chad Roberts Bioware's head of live services:

We've been testing the entire game and platform for several months, but there were a few things we missed; real-world play frequently leads to unexpected issues. I want to dispel one comment we've seen: that we under-planned for server capacity.
To ensure stability, we intended to manage our servers to match the player population as it grew. Overall, we had excess capacity prepared for population increases, and continue to do so. That said, what's important is that all parts of the game work as designed to meet players' needs, and that did not happen in the opening hours.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I applied the config changes that have been mentioned other places for removing negative mouse acceleration on PC. I'm not totally happy with the sensitivity I set it at. I'd want to more tweaking around with it. It does, however, feel night and day difference compared to before. My aim actually goes where I want it.

Biggest issue remaining is the joystick flying. With negative mouse acceleration removed, you can absolutely feel the joystick conversion. Those smaller, more precise movements you make don't register with the algorithm they're using to convert mouse input into. Flight only registers if you move your mouse a significant amount, and it just does not feel smooth right now.

Which you prefer overall? Before or after config changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.